Pres Café
ITV News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: ITV News (/showthread.php?tid=166)

RE: ITV News - LiamFitz - 13-12-2022

(13-12-2022, 12:45 AM)newsjunkie Wrote:  Don't expect a rebrand anytime soon. New newsroom is being built with the current itv news brand in mind, that of course doesn't mean things won't change following that. Lots of big technical work going on at ITN at the moment (semi linked to newsroom refurbishment) which means any change to studio/set are not likely to happen for some time once all of that work is complete.

As for the gift - I think a lot of people here will be very excited. Those guesses though are sadly not correct.

Any idea when this will be announced? It’s intriguing what you’re saying…

(12-12-2022, 11:10 PM)mrarg1393 Wrote:  
(12-12-2022, 10:53 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I little birdie tells me the Newsroom refurbs are well underway and that ITV News will be first to rehouse with Channel 4 following.

ITVX news will furnish many of us with a long forgotten gift.

Is there an expected date of a rebrand then? I presume if they are refurbishing the newsroom they will tie it in with a fresh new look? 

With the long forgotten gift… what would this be? Are they going to be doing a rolling News Channel on ITVX? (Even though they said they wouldn’t) or even going back to two presenters?

I do wish they would revert back to two presenters - especially with the Evening News being one hour now.

RE: ITV News - JMT1985 - 13-12-2022

ITN is currently a bit limited in their studio space - maybe they could do with the addition of a new studio in the current refurbishment.

Currently ITN have just three studios, Studios 1, 2 and 6 - maybe a new Studio 3 could be useful to them, especially considering Channel 5 have to share Studio 2 with Jeremy Vine every day, handy to have maybe a newsroom based studio.

Just a thought.

RE: ITV News - Newsroom - 13-12-2022

No idea about any rebrand. The refurbs are well underway and from what I've been told there will be some sort of studio making a return to the newsroom floor.

RE: ITV News - thomalex - 13-12-2022

(13-12-2022, 01:09 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  No idea about any rebrand. The refurbs are well underway and from what I've been told there will be some sort of studio making a return to the newsroom floor.

It's sounding like the ITVX updates will be based from a small studio in the newsroom

Superman1986 - Superman1986 - 13-12-2022

(13-12-2022, 01:51 PM)thomalex Wrote:  
(13-12-2022, 01:09 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  No idea about any rebrand. The refurbs are well underway and from what I've been told there will be some sort of studio making a return to the newsroom floor.

It's sounding like the ITVX updates will be based from a small studio in the newsroom
Is Phil Roman presenting lol

RE: ITV News - chris - 13-12-2022

I wouldn’t get too excited. Think of it more as a replacement for the digital studio space from the old newsroom.

Work is expected to be completed by April.

RE: ITV News - bkman1990 - 15-12-2022

If there is a new studio to be for the ITVX news bulletins in the near future; Would it be a virtual set or a real one?

RE: ITV News - JMT1985 - 15-12-2022

That brings back memories of Studios 3 and 4 of ITN, which used to be based in the newsroom, but was converted back into office space once the ITN News Channel as it was once called moved out of Studio 4 in 2002.

RE: ITV News - itsrobert - 15-12-2022

(15-12-2022, 12:13 AM)JMT1985 Wrote:  
That brings back memories of Studios 3 and 4 of ITN, which used to be based in the newsroom, but was converted back into office space once the ITN News Channel as it was once called moved out of Studio 4 in 2002.

Studio 4 wasn’t converted to office space until 2013. After the ITV News Channel vacated it, the studio was used primarily for London Tonight from 2004 onward.

RE: ITV News - Kojak - 16-12-2022

(15-12-2022, 12:06 AM)bkman1990 Wrote:  If there is a new studio to be for the ITVX news bulletins in the near future; Would it be a virtual set or a real one?

It sounds like it's going to be real - from the newsroom, in fact.