Pres Café
ITV News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: ITV News (/showthread.php?tid=166)

RE: ITV News - eyeTV - 27-02-2023

It's coming up to a year since the ITV Evening News became 1 hour. Is this a change that works for people?

I think I watch the bulletin much less than I used to if I'm honest.

RE: ITV News - EJnutz - 27-02-2023

(24-02-2023, 11:42 PM)AMM Wrote:  Ex ITV Anglia and ITV London correspondent, Martin Stew seems to have been promoted to the newly created role of ‘Health Correspondent’ alongside Emily Morgan’s new role of ‘Health and Science Editor’. Interviewed as such in studio on tonight’s programmes, but filed his first report other nights Evening News, I think.

Has Deborah Cohen left

(27-02-2023, 12:16 AM)eyeTV Wrote:  It's coming up to a year since the ITV Evening News became 1 hour. Is this a change that works for people?

I find that this is now my main bulletin of the day. I particularly like the special reprt at 7pm

RE: ITV News - mrarg1393 - 27-02-2023

(27-02-2023, 12:16 AM)eyeTV Wrote:  It's coming up to a year since the ITV Evening News became 1 hour.  Is this a change that works for people?

I’d say majority of the time it’s worked, however, some days you can tell when it’s a ‘slow news day’ and they are struggling for stories. I find it’s just gap filling after the weather at 7:15pm. Sometimes even recapping the headlines 3 times in one show if they need to fill in a gap. I tend to just catch the headlines then end up watching something off the sky planner whilst having tea and then when that’s finished the news is still on! 

I think it’ll stay - I’m sure I read somewhere ITV have said they’ve had record ratings for the news programmes so it must be doing something right. Noticed a few new faces in the reports though so they must be heavily investing in new talent.

RE: ITV News - LiamFitz - 27-02-2023

Has Kelly Foran left as North of England reporter? I seen that ITN is advertising for the vacancy.

Superman1986 - Superman1986 - 27-02-2023

(27-02-2023, 12:19 PM)LiamFitz Wrote:  Has Kelly Foran left as North of England reporter? I seen that ITN is advertising for the vacancy.
Is Sangita Lal & Rachel Townshend not North of England reporters?

RE: ITV News - newsjunkie - 27-02-2023

(27-02-2023, 12:19 PM)LiamFitz Wrote:  Has Kelly Foran left as North of England reporter? I seen that ITN is advertising for the vacancy.

No just a bit of internal movement, not that you are likely to notice it even when it eventually happens.

RE: ITV News - watchingtv - 08-03-2023

Jo Blythe in the studio for this evenings national weather. Normally would be an OB in place of or prerecorded separately for after the programme if it is not the usual Alex, Lucy or Becky.

RE: ITV News - London Lite - 08-03-2023

(08-03-2023, 08:06 PM)watchingtv Wrote:  Jo Blythe in the studio for this evenings national weather. Normally would be an OB in place of or prerecorded separately for after the programme if it is not the usual Alex, Lucy or Becky.

The green screen didn't work for Jo's heels as they were chopped in two on the wide shots.

RE: ITV News - EJnutz - 08-03-2023

(27-02-2023, 12:30 PM)Superman1986 Wrote:  
Is Sangita Lal & Rachel Townshend not North of England reporters?

There were 4 North of England reporters at one point, Sangita, Rachel, Kelly and Yasmin Boselbai

RE: ITV News - mrarg1393 - 10-03-2023

Couple of gremlins in the news tonight, first the weather graphics refused to work for Becky Mantin (seems to happen quite frequently when in the studio) and then camera cut back to Lucrezia midway through the final report, took her by surprise that’s for sure haha!