Pres Café
ITV News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: ITV News (/showthread.php?tid=166)

RE: ITV News - Andrew - 11-08-2023

(11-08-2023, 07:38 PM)mccanmat Wrote:  And Yasmin made her voiceover debut in the lunchtime news today I think?

She was on yesterday as well

RE: ITV News - Scratch_Perry - 12-08-2023

(11-08-2023, 02:42 PM)jlmiller Wrote:  Did anyone know why there was an apology on today’s lunchtime news after Anushka’s link outside St. Thomas’ Hospital - seemed like the camera was turned away from something for a few seconds?

ITV1 +1 replaced the incident with a caption saying that the couldn’t show the programme, BTW.
I'm guessing someone came out with an expletive during the live link.

It happens on occasions during the live horse racing coverage, where some punters are interviewed and someone unleashes an "F bomb" and that is blacked out on the +1 channels with the "cannot show this programme" (or words to that effect) caption.

RE: ITV News - MorganLamia - 14-08-2023

(11-08-2023, 02:42 PM)jlmiller Wrote:  Did anyone know why there was an apology on today’s lunchtime news after Anushka’s link outside St. Thomas’ Hospital - seemed like the camera was turned away from something for a few seconds?

ITV1 +1 replaced the incident with a caption saying that the couldn’t show the programme, BTW.

(12-08-2023, 01:34 AM)Scratch_Perry Wrote:  I'm guessing someone came out with an expletive during the live link.

It happens on occasions during the live horse racing coverage, where some punters are interviewed and someone unleashes an "F bomb" and that is blacked out on the +1 channels with the "cannot show this programme" (or words to that effect) caption.

Yep. That's correct. This is the only clip of it that I've seen. It's difficult to make out what was said, but you can still hear some bad language.

https://twitter.com/ShowbizSimonW/status/1689979527978536961 

RE: ITV News - Ben Shatliff - 15-08-2023

Was it my imagination or did the Regional News start before 18:00 last night by a minute or two?

RE: ITV News - Superman1986 - 23-08-2023

When did the ITV Regional News stop going back to London for a recap of the national headlines during the ITV News At 10:30?

RE: ITV News - GMc - 23-08-2023

(23-08-2023, 09:33 AM)Superman1986 Wrote:  When did the ITV Regional News stop going back to London for a recap of the national headlines during the ITV News At 10:30?

Possibly 2007?

RE: ITV News - KatsKaravan - 23-08-2023

(23-08-2023, 12:42 PM)GMc Wrote:  Possibly 2007?
It was mid-2007. All regional headlines were dropped and the lunch/late bulletins stopped being integrated with the nationals. At the same time the Lunchtime News crew started producing and presenting the mid-morning and lunchtime London Today updates.

RE: ITV News - chris - 23-08-2023

(23-08-2023, 12:42 PM)GMc Wrote:  Possibly 2007?

Must have been around the same time as the BBC.

From a presentation point of view I quite liked that it made the programme feel as one with a proper close, but on the BBC they could be ridiculously brief.

In this example I’m sure the music sting and closing are in total longer than the recap itself. 

RE: ITV News - DTV - 23-08-2023

(23-08-2023, 02:25 PM)chris Wrote:  Must have been around the same time as the BBC.

From a presentation point of view I quite liked that it made the programme feel as one with a proper close, but on the BBC they could be ridiculously brief.
Yes, BBC recaps ended on the Six when The One Show launched in July 2007, with the 19:57 summary intended as a replacement, while the Ten's recap continued until it moved temporarily into TC7 at the start of 2008 (due to the recap no longer being physically possible with Newsnight taking over the studio pretty much as soon as the Ten handed to the regions).

The Six's recaps tended to be more substantive - the summary itself was often about a minute long - while the Nine/Ten recaps were pretty much always just a repeat of the few headline sentences for the two main stories.

RE: ITV News - steve - 23-08-2023

Conscious this is the wrong thread really, but as an aside I was in the gallery for the 10 not long after the recap started (with the move to 10) and it’s fair to say Michael Buerk was not hugely impressed to have 7 minutes sat there for a 30 second recap 😊