Pres Café
ITV News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: ITV News (/showthread.php?tid=166)

RE: ITV News - Brekkie - 29-10-2023

Not sure what time it was originally scheduled but the teatime national and local news going out at 3pm today ahead of the Harry Potter film airing from 3.20pm. Not sure why that couldn't air at 3pm and the news at 5.55pm.

RE: ITV News - dvboy - 29-10-2023

I believe the schedule was changed in order to put a repeat of the first episode of Mamma Mia in yesterday, in an attempt to boost ratings, so the film was moved to today. Not sure what the original schedule was, but presumably they think Mamma Mia will get a better lead-in from Harry Potter than the news.

RE: ITV News - Ben Shatliff - 29-10-2023

(29-10-2023, 04:26 PM)dvboy Wrote:  I believe the schedule was changed in order to put a repeat of the first episode of Mamma Mia in yesterday, in an attempt to boost ratings, so the film was moved to today. Not sure what the original schedule was, but presumably they think Mamma Mia will get a better lead-in from Harry Potter than the news.

So after two months of the Rugby causing Weekend News being adjusted; it is now being altered due to shows and films.

RE: ITV News - TVFan - 29-10-2023

(29-10-2023, 04:26 PM)dvboy Wrote:  I believe the schedule was changed in order to put a repeat of the first episode of Mamma Mia in yesterday, in an attempt to boost ratings, so the film was moved to today. Not sure what the original schedule was, but presumably they think Mamma Mia will get a better lead-in from Harry Potter than the news.
I think today originally had a different film instead of Harry Potter (after the schedule change it was moved earlier to 1pm), then the news and Mamma Mia.

RE: ITV News - Brekkie - 29-10-2023

(29-10-2023, 05:57 PM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  So after two months of the Rugby causing Weekend News being adjusted; it is now being altered due to shows and films.
To be fair other than the first weekend where I think they left it out completely the news has actually generally ended up with a better slot because of the rugby, usually airing at 7pm.

It is bad enough though when live sport sees bulletins axed completely (usually they could probably be accomodated) but quite another when they're moved mid-afternoon for pre-recorded content.   Indeed given how badly Gino did last week against Strictly with less than 1m viewers there might be an argument for actually throwing the news out at 7.30pm.

RE: ITV News - Andrew - 31-10-2023

(27-10-2023, 06:58 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  A bit of an abrupt end to the ITV Evening News just now. After coming back from the final report, Lucrezia had just enough time to say goodbye before it faded to the copyright card - no details of the News at Ten, no pan across the studio with the music and credits etc. The sponsorship sting for the weather then aired straight away, with Becky not in the studio (which I think is common practice for shortened evening bulletins).

The ending of tonight’s bulletin balanced this out, Mary finished super early so we had quite a long ending to the programme

RE: ITV News - Blubatt - 06-11-2023

This evening's News had a tribute to Neil Billingham, the ITV Border news editor who sadly was found drowned in a river in Carlisle. Seemed strange just having his name appear at the close of the programme, but a nice tribute to the man. RIP Neil

RE: ITV News - EJnutz - 06-11-2023

Tonight's 6:30 news was dedicated to Neil Billingham, who was a producer /editor for
ITV Border News

RE: ITV News - RhysJR - 07-11-2023

Today's Evening News also trailed coverage of the King's Speech tomorrow with Julie Etchingham on ITV X only. I can't recall if ITV have done coverage of the State Opening of Parliament in recent years, but certainly the first time this being an ITV X stream.

RE: ITV News - newsjunkie - 07-11-2023

(07-11-2023, 12:03 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  Today's Evening News also trailed coverage of the King's Speech tomorrow with Julie Etchingham on ITV X only. I can't recall if ITV have done coverage of the State Opening of Parliament in recent years, but certainly the first time this being an ITV X stream.
It is the first in a decade at least. But expect more live ITVX only coverage in the months ahead. Not every day, but at significant moments. It will be a slow roll out though.