Pres Café
ITV News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: ITV News (/showthread.php?tid=166)

RE: ITV News - JMT1985 - 07-11-2023

ITV used to air simulcast coverage of the State Opening of Parliament from 1958 until the 1980s and then sporadically when they felt it was needed to be covered by them.

The feeling at ITN is that BBC does this best, and why waste resources on simulcasting an event, which really doesn't add anything, it is mostly pure symbolic.

RE: ITV News - Ben Shatliff - 07-11-2023

(07-11-2023, 12:25 AM)newsjunkie Wrote:  It is the first in a decade at least. But expect more live ITVX only coverage in the months ahead. Not every day, but at significant moments. It will be a slow roll out though.

Without causing any speculation but just asking?

There have been talk but not definite over the last year or so on here about possible tweaks to ITV News and we know the Newsroom has been updated. 

Does anybody know if any on screen tweaks are likely to happen?

(07-11-2023, 10:58 PM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  Without causing any speculation but just asking?

There have been talk but not definite over the last year or so on here about possible tweaks to ITV News and we know the Newsroom has been updated. 

Does anybody know if any on screen tweaks are likely to happen?

Has the newsroom backdrop been tweaked? I have not noticed it.

RE: ITV News - chris - 07-11-2023

(07-11-2023, 11:25 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Has the newsroom backdrop been tweaked? I have not noticed it.

There is a new physical newsroom, not the backdrop.

You will see the newsroom studio come live soon and its screens have some very nice graphics on it currently - still based on the squares / blocks but with a focus on landmarks. I don’t know if this is forming a wider refresh though.

(07-11-2023, 11:40 PM)chris Wrote:  There is a new physical newsroom, not the backdrop.

You will see the newsroom studio come live soon and its screens have some very nice graphics on it currently - still based on the squares / blocks but with a focus on landmarks. I don’t know if this is forming a wider refresh though.

Hang on, sorry if I come across as stupid, but are you saying that ITV News now has a real newsroom backdrop in it's studio for their news bulletins?  

I knew Grays Inn Road was getting a big revamp but have not watched any ITV News recently

RE: ITV News - bkman1990 - 08-11-2023

(07-11-2023, 11:45 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Hang on, sorry if I come across as stupid, but are you saying that ITV News now has a real newsroom backdrop in it's studio for their news bulletins?  

I knew Grays Inn Road was getting a big revamp but have not watched any ITV News recently

ITV News haven't launched their new studio yet. They are still currently using their virtual studio for their main news bulletins on ITV1.   

I was watching ITV News at Ten with Julie Etchingham on Thursday night. That bulletin was still broadcasting in it's old studio for the moment. 

I can't wait to see the new studio once it goes live though. I bet it will look amazing once it's shown to viewers.

RE: ITV News - RhysJR - 08-11-2023

A bit of a surprise to see Paul Brand anchor the News at Ten on a big setpiece day of news like today. 

It is quite imaginable that the main three anchors are all unavailable (Julie was on this morning, Rageh presumably having to focus on his international affairs brief, not sure about Tom), and with it being a politics/policy dominated news day, Paul was a good though surprising option to be called upon.

RE: ITV News - Andrew - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 12:10 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  A bit of a surprise to see Paul Brand anchor the News at Ten on a big setpiece day of news like today. 

It is quite imaginable that the main three anchors are all unavailable (Julie was on this morning, Rageh presumably having to focus on his international affairs brief, not sure about Tom), and with it being a politics/policy dominated news day, Paul was a good though surprising option to be called upon.
There was also the George Alagiah memorial service today which some from ITV News may have attended if they’d crossed paths at some stage in their career

RE: ITV News - Brekkie - 08-11-2023

Am I right in thinking Mary still hasn't done a studio based News at Ten (think she might have done one on location) since the fall out of Tom getting the bulletin. Indeed think this incarnation has now run for longer than the Mark/Julie era did - and indeed can't be far off beating Trevor's solo stint in the 90s either.

RE: ITV News - newsjunkie - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 12:10 AM)bkman1990 Wrote:  ITV News haven't launched their new studio yet. They are still currently using their virtual studio for their main news bulletins on ITV1.   

I was watching ITV News at Ten with Julie Etchingham on Thursday night. That bulletin was still broadcasting in it's old studio for the moment. 

I can't wait to see the new studio once it goes live though. I bet it will look amazing once it's shown to viewers.
The main ITV1 bulletins will remain in the current 'virtual' studio.
The new 'newsroom' studio will be used for ITVX specific programmes in the near future. Following that you may see some inserts into the bulletins recorded there, but we are not at that point yet.

They are just starting to 'pilot' some of those programmes now, and they do look great. Hopefully you will like all the hard work that has gone into it.

There are no plans to change the ITV News look or on screen graphics.
And I will leave it at that (for now).