Pres Café
ITV News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: ITV News (/showthread.php?tid=166)

RE: ITV News - Andrew - 22-11-2023

I liked that bit of fun at the end of the Evening News tonight where Mary wished us all a “totes amazeballs evening”. Nice when they can loosen up a bit within the constraints of the national bulletin.

RE: ITV News - Rolling News - 22-11-2023

(22-11-2023, 09:48 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I liked that bit of fun at the end of the Evening News tonight where Mary wished us all a “totes amazeballs evening”. Nice when they can loosen up a bit within the constraints of the national bulletin.

That made me lol. She also said “Rageh will be bossing it at 10” (for anyone wondering it was connected to the final story of really annoying words which have made it into the dictionary).

RE: ITV News - VMPhil - 23-11-2023

I'm surprised "amazeballs" was only added to the dictionary in 2021, as I recall it being an annoying phrase back in ye olden days of 2012

RE: ITV News - Humphrey Hacker - 23-11-2023

(22-11-2023, 10:45 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  That made me lol. She also said “Rageh will be bossing it at 10” (for anyone wondering it was connected to the final story of really annoying words which have made it into the dictionary).

It's nice to have a bit of humour at the end of the bulletin. Goodness knows there's enough gloom.

RE: ITV News - London Lite - 02-12-2023

The Lunchtime Saturday bulletin came from the London desk rather than the higher national desk.

RE: ITV News - EJnutz - 03-12-2023

The evening was the same. It makes you wonder with Tom Bradby's new ITX News programme starting next week are we about to see a refresh or new look to ITV News on Monday

RE: ITV News - Stuart - 03-12-2023

(02-12-2023, 05:11 PM)London Lite Wrote:  The Lunchtime Saturday bulletin came from the London desk rather than the higher national desk.
Originally all lunchtime bulletins came from the lower desk. I'm not sure when it changed.

Does ITV London now use its own presenter for the local bulletins?

RE: ITV News - London Lite - 03-12-2023

(03-12-2023, 01:03 AM)Stuart Wrote:  Originally all lunchtime bulletins came from the lower desk. I'm not sure when it changed.

Does ITV London now use its own presenter for the local bulletins?

At weekends, it's the network evening presenter on Saturday from the national desk and the early network presenter on Sunday from the London desk.

RE: ITV News - mrarg1393 - 03-12-2023

(03-12-2023, 12:39 AM)EJnutz Wrote:  The evening was the same. It makes you wonder with Tom Bradby's new ITX News programme starting next week are we about to see a refresh or new look to ITV News on Monday
I do hope so. As much as the current look has stood the test of time, 10 years is a long time for the same look and presentation on screen, so I do think it’s time for a refresh. Especially as Sky & BBC have revamped their look and studios within the last couple of years. The desk is looking pretty tired now too, even on my local ITV Tyne Tees. 

But, we shall wait and see. 🤞🏼😊

RE: ITV News - Brekkie - 03-12-2023

I think last years network rebrand was the first time the news hadn't rebranded at the same time since before 2004. Whilst I do think the current look has aged incredibly well (and much better than the BBC branding IMO) it really is time to refresh it before it does become seen as a problem. I don't think that's happening though.