Pres Café
ITV News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: ITV News (/showthread.php?tid=166)

RE: ITV News - ACTV - 03-12-2023

I find it unlikely that ITV News will rebrand any time soon, and I'd be very surprised if it happened tomorrow. The current look and music are both brilliant and have aged very well.

However, personally speaking I would like to see a relaunch at ITV News after 10 years (11 years next month) but I can't see that being until the next year or two. Freshening up the branding is never a bad thing.

RE: ITV News - AaronTV - 03-12-2023

Are they still upgrading the newsroom? I certainly remember it being mentioned that was the priority over any cosmetic changes for the near future.

Given the main ITV branding is now such a mess, it’s quite hard to imagine what a rebrand would look like that would be consistent with the new style.

RE: ITV News - EJnutz - 03-12-2023

I believe the newsroom update is complete. It was stated that the newsroom studio would be used for ITVX news programmes. The first regular programme goes out next week with Tom Bradbury doing a programme following PMQs

RE: ITV News - all new phil - 03-12-2023

(03-12-2023, 10:58 AM)AaronTV Wrote:  Are they still upgrading the newsroom? I certainly remember it being mentioned that was the priority over any cosmetic changes for the near future.

Given the main ITV branding is now such a mess, it’s quite hard to imagine what a rebrand would look like that would be consistent with the new style.

How is it a mess? It’s never been more consistent.

RE: ITV News - Joe - 03-12-2023

Exactly what I was going to say…

RE: ITV News - freeview87 - 03-12-2023

It's definitely one of the strongest brands on UK television. The news programmes could do with a refresh rather than a rebrand.

RE: ITV News - JMT1985 - 03-12-2023

It wouldn't take too much to refresh the current ITV News studio - remember ITV News are based in a wall to wall green screen studio - so they could have worked on refreshing the backdrop, titles etc, without needing them to be chucked out of the studio.

The desks could easily be changed or tweaked - again, it doesn't need to be overhauled 100% - as many said before, this design has served ITV News very well, probably their best news presentation for many decades to be honest.

RE: ITV News - James - 03-12-2023

For what it's worth, today's national bulletins have also been coming from the lower, ITV News London desk

RE: ITV News - JMT1985 - 03-12-2023

(03-12-2023, 07:46 PM)James Wrote:  For what it's worth, today's national bulletins have also been coming from the lower, ITV News London desk

Well, it could be they are changing the desk - as since both desks face opposite each other, and are very close together, not using the larger desk doesn't make sense, as it is not really "cost effective" to just air from the small desk, as they are in the same studio. 

So using logic, it seems they must be trying out a new desk or fixing a problem with the larger desk

RE: ITV News - newsjunkie - 03-12-2023

(03-12-2023, 07:56 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Well, it could be they are changing the desk - as since both desks face opposite each other, and are very close together, not using the larger desk doesn't make sense, as it is not really "cost effective" to just air from the small desk, as they are in the same studio. 

So using logic, it seems they must be trying out a new desk or fixing a problem with the larger desk
I'm enjoying all your speculation. I fear you may be disappointed tomorrow. Wednesday on the other hand...