Pres Café
BBC/STV Scotland News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/STV Scotland News (/showthread.php?tid=170)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: BBC/STV Scotland News - Joe - 12-06-2023

There are loads of elements in studio B that make it a successful design. A curved screen area, a staircase, a mezzanine, the large numerals in the backdrop, the hoops, the platforms. None of the things in that list are present in Scotland. It’s actually a little freaky seeing the set above - it looks just like N6/TC7 15 years ago, even down to the red strip at the base of the backdrop. It’s really lacking something unfortunately and I want to like it. It would be cool if the tower screen could move around (I assume it doesn’t) as you could do some interesting stuff with that. I’ve noted that I don’t like B in close up shots but it’s lovely in the wider ones - but this new set has removed so many of those elements that it’s forgotten what makes it work in the first place.

RE: BBC/STV Scotland News - Former Member 406 - 13-06-2023

Have just caught the 08:25 Reporting Scotland bulletin, and it's coming from the atrium set.

Permanent decision to do breakfast bulletins from there, or technical problems with the new set in the main studio?

RE: BBC/STV Scotland News - ScottishTVGuy - 13-06-2023

(13-06-2023, 08:34 AM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  Have just caught the 08:25 Reporting Scotland bulletin, and it's coming from the atrium set.

Permanent decision to do breakfast bulletins from there, or technical problems with the new set in the main studio?

Breakfast bulletins move into new studio from Monday 19th. That was always the plan.

RE: BBC/STV Scotland News - Chud - 13-06-2023

(13-06-2023, 12:45 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  Breakfast bulletins move into new studio from Monday 19th. That was always the plan.

Why do Breakfast bulletins need its own studio? Why can’t they use the new studio or use the atrium?

RE: BBC/STV Scotland News - London Lite - 13-06-2023

(13-06-2023, 01:02 PM)Chud Wrote:  Why do Breakfast bulletins need its own studio? Why can’t they use the new studio or use the atrium?

Breakfast heads continues to use the atrium.

(13-06-2023, 12:45 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  Breakfast bulletins move into new studio from Monday 19th. That was always the plan.
What possible reason could there be for certain specific bulletins (breakfast or otherwise) not moving back into the main studio on the same date as all other bulletins?
Huh

RE: BBC/STV Scotland News - Milkshake - 13-06-2023

Even back in the 90s and 00s the Non main bulletin didn't use the main set..

https://youtu.be/50bP5aXyO-E?t=10 

Just had a nosey at last night's late Reporting Scotland bulletin.

The nighttime backdrop of Glasgow is a vista taken from a completely different vantage point to the daytime version.

It is looking downstream (west-northwest) along the River Clyde with the Clyde Arc bridge (a.k.a. the Squinty Bridge) in the foreground, much akin to the Clyde Arc-centric faux window views used in the previous set (except I think those were looking upstream (east-southeast) towards the city centre).

I wonder why they don't have a consistent choice of vista across the daylight and nighttime versions, whichever of the two options that would be.

RE: BBC/STV Scotland News - AaronLancs - 13-06-2023

(13-06-2023, 09:09 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  Just had a nosey at last night's late Reporting Scotland bulletin.

The nighttime backdrop of Glasgow is a vista taken from a completely different vantage point to the daytime version.

It is looking downstream (west-northwest) along the River Clyde with the Clyde Arc bridge (a.k.a. the Squinty Bridge) in the foreground, much akin to the faux window views used in the previous set.

I wonder why they don't have a consistent choice of vista across the daylight and nighttime versions, whichever of the two options that would be.

With the daytime one would the sun have been directly in the camera when taking the shots needed possibly?

RE: BBC/STV Scotland News - TELEVISION - 23-06-2023

What is with the second ridiculous open on the 6.30 edition of RS?

Last night the camera cut to the studio too early and zoomed in and out of Laura, and this evening looks ridiculous as you caught the back end of her walking into shot. It just looked amateurish.

The 6.30 needs a proper opening shot of the studio after the short titles and before cutting to the presenter.