Pres Café
BBC/ITV Midlands News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Midlands News (/showthread.php?tid=176)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: BBC/ITV Midlands News - Lyric - 06-02-2023

That new version of the English Regions theme was at the end of the show as well!

I first heard it at the end of the final Look East show, and now it's here!

Very curious.

RE: BBC/ITV Midlands News - Jon - 06-02-2023

I think this backdrop is much more impressive that the ITV Central West offering and the East Midlands one for that matter. Perhaps it could do with being a bit sharper though not sure if that’s something HD will fix or whether it’s an issue with the footage used or screens. But it’s a proper city scape for Birmingham rather than just focusing on a couple of buildings around a square.

RE: BBC/ITV Midlands News - IanJRedman - 06-02-2023

(06-02-2023, 09:56 PM)Lyric Wrote:  That new version of the English Regions theme was at the end of the show as well!

Very curious.

South Today has been using that ever since their gallery upgrade. I think Look North in Newcastle are using it now, too - again, since their new gallery came online. IIRC there's at least one other - possibly North West Tonight...?

RE: BBC/ITV Midlands News - Phil - 06-02-2023

(06-02-2023, 10:40 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  
(06-02-2023, 09:56 PM)Lyric Wrote:  That new version of the English Regions theme was at the end of the show as well!

Very curious.

South Today has been using that ever since their gallery upgrade. I think Look North in Newcastle are using it now, too - again, since their new gallery came online. IIRC there's at least one other - possibly North West Tonight...?
East Midlands Today are using it as well.

RE: BBC/ITV Midlands News - IanJRedman - 06-02-2023

(06-02-2023, 10:42 PM)Phil Wrote:  
(06-02-2023, 10:40 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  South Today has been using that ever since their gallery upgrade. I think Look North in Newcastle are using it now, too - again, since their new gallery came online. IIRC there's at least one other - possibly North West Tonight...?
East Midlands Today are using it as well.

Thanks - so it seems it's generally being deployed at the same time as either a set revamp or the studio goes HD?

I'm still a little lost as to why it needs to be tied to either of those things, but hey, gives us something to talk about!

RE: BBC/ITV Midlands News - South - 06-02-2023

(06-02-2023, 10:14 PM)Jon Wrote:  I think this backdrop is much more impressive that the ITV Central West offering and the East Midlands one for that matter. Perhaps it could do with being a bit sharper though not sure if that’s something HD will fix or whether it’s an issue with the footage used or screens. But it’s a proper city scape for Birmingham rather than just focusing on a couple of buildings around a square.

I have to admit having just watched the programme it was nice to see some movement in the backdrop unlike Newsline and East Midlands Today, It makes the background look alot more interesting.

RE: BBC/ITV Midlands News - Mike - 07-02-2023

I must admit, while the picture quality lets it down slightly this set seems a lot bigger than the previous ones they've had - it may just be the boxy shape. The movement in the background is subtle enough not to be distracting (trains coming and going from Moor Street, people walking around, cars leaving the multi-storey car park and buses coming and going from Moor Street interchange). I did fear they'd just use a static image.

They're also maximising the height of the studio, something they've not done before - the height makes it feel more open.

Just needs an HD upgrade soon to make the most of what they've got.

RE: BBC/ITV Midlands News - TVenthusiasm - 07-02-2023

The set looks nice - and it's great to see the top of the set be closer to the studio roof - something we've never seen before. The set looks blurry in SD sadly - hope they convert to HD soon!

RE: BBC/ITV Midlands News - Phil - 07-02-2023

The front of the desk doesn't seem as illuminated as the one in Nottingham. I guess we'll see if it can change colour on Sunday in Politics Midlands.

RE: BBC/ITV Midlands News - Mike - 07-02-2023

They’ve also posted the daytime image on their Facebook page, that fills the screens. Looks like it’s taken from the tower block on Arthur Street, Small Heath.