Pres Café
TV Social Media Pres Gold - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: TV Social Media Pres Gold (/showthread.php?tid=19)

RE: TV Social Media Pres Gold - VMPhil - 23-06-2023

That was the "Fight Night" the following year.

Yes they "evicted" two housemates but they actually got put into a bedsit and were able to watch the camera feeds to see/hear everything the other housemates were saying. Which is why it isn't a surprise it ended up the way it did, though of course like a lot things that year, I'm sure it was engineered by the producers to go that way.

In hindsight, being stuck in a little bedsit and having to listen to all the housemates talking about you and each other behind everyone's backs sounds like a horrible experience.

RE: TV Social Media Pres Gold - Larry the Loafer - 23-06-2023

(23-06-2023, 12:38 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Which year was it they had to cut the feed because of a massive fight?

I think that was down to a "fake eviction" where they put them in a room where they could watch the other housemates slagging them off, then put them back in the house.

2004, I think? I distinctly remember hearing someone shout "f*** off Nadia" so it'll be whatever year Nadia was there.

I'm glad the bomb scare continuity has resurfaced. I remember seeing it on the news and was convinced I'd imagined it.

RE: TV Social Media Pres Gold - Stooky Bill - 23-06-2023

(23-06-2023, 07:02 AM)TesTVWhirl Wrote:  I seem to remember it was mainly only one person who did that, and they popped up in most of the pres site threads to repeat the same thing. You can probably guess what username they're posting on here these days as! Wink However full respect to someone so resolutely sticking to their guns on such things in this modern world of flip-flopping.
Why would that opinion have changed when you go to the TVArk website and all you see is a teletext mock and a feed of their Twitter account?

Even TVArk prefer social media it seems. They've uploaded a lot more clips than they would have on their website and get a bigger audience. Since the person who used to do it went off to run his own account it's been very good

Meanwhile every day my YouTube subscriptions are full of new VHS captures of old TV presentation. It's a better user experience than an old fashioned pres website too.... and they can even be shared here!

Why flip-flop?

RE: TV Social Media Pres Gold - James2001 - 23-06-2023

Websites are useful though because they categorise stuff and similar, with social media and youtube and like you're having to scroll through feeds or search to find things.

So TV Ark might post a lot of content to twitter, if you want to find, for example, a particular BBC2 ident from the 90s, how do you find it amongst everything? Or want to rewatch a clip they posted a long time ago and there's hundreds, if not thousands, of posts to scroll through to find it.

RE: TV Social Media Pres Gold - JAS84 - 23-06-2023

How about the best of both worlds - a website, but using Youtube embeds.

RE: TV Social Media Pres Gold - Milkshake - 23-06-2023

As far as I know, only two website have tried that.

This is Five/Presbites was one of them and the other was presentation archive, but again you have problem if the YT accounts gets a strike your website loses all your videos.

The trouble is Youtube is filled with so many wannabe people, - (there is around 20-30 genuine accounts Im not about them) Who just magpie clips or just want to have the most and don't really care for what they have. Its all about click and views nothing more..

Its a shame Benriggers is gone but he isn't the first and he will deffo not be the last.. In the past 6 months at least 2 others have gone pop, and last year KillianM2 got completely wiped out.

RE: TV Social Media Pres Gold - James2001 - 23-06-2023

Yes, so mamy youtube accounts who just download videos from elsewhere, including other youtube accounts and upload them to their channel. Often you can find several channels with the exact same video, often in terrible quality.

RE: TV Social Media Pres Gold - Larry the Loafer - 23-06-2023

(23-06-2023, 05:37 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  How about the best of both worlds - a website, but using Youtube embeds.

If the channel that hosts the YouTube videos gets taken down, it pretty much renders the website useless. TV Ark might not have the most convenient video player, but it's a whole lot safer from copyright strikes.

RE: TV Social Media Pres Gold - Michael Kenchington - 23-06-2023

Cleops also had her YouTube channel taken down due to copyright strikes two years ago in 2021 IIRC.

RE: TV Social Media Pres Gold - Rex - 23-06-2023

(22-06-2023, 11:37 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Probably got too many copyright strikes. If you get too many takedown requests, you get banned.

This is only if you receive three copyright strikes within the last 3 months