Pres Café
Doctor Who - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Doctor Who (/showthread.php?tid=191)

RE: Doctor Who - Stuart - 09-12-2023

I'm looking forward to this one.

The Toymaker looks like one of those scary 'passive aggressive' villains. Rather like the way I see clowns. Tongue

I'm also looking forward to seeing the regeneration and the arrival of Ncuti Gatwa as the Doctor at the end.

RE: Doctor Who - JMT1985 - 09-12-2023

Having watched the final special - I sense a lot of the classic fans will be left feeling a little empty from this special - in fact to be honest, so did I - I felt even though it was a reasonable story, the final special was a bit of a let down - it felt like an episode which could have aired in any year, and I expected a lot more from RTD.

I have memories of the Series 4 finale, and sorry this final special doesn't even come close to it.

RE: Doctor Who - UTVLifer - 09-12-2023

Oh my god. What just happened.

I really enjoyed that. It was a great final special launching the show into its new era with Ncuti's Fifteenth Doctor at the helm

The Toymaker was a bit OTT, and my god his dance number was great, but given the casting of NPH I was expecting that. Very happy to see Kate Stewart used very well in this special, probably the best she's been used by any showrunner since the early Capaldi years

RE: Doctor Who - Roger Darthwell - 09-12-2023

I have literally been MINDBLOWN by this final special, well done to all the production!

RE: Doctor Who - Stuart - 09-12-2023

I thought it was very good.  The Toymaker was as creepy as I expected, and the production values were fantastic from Wolf Studios.

The regeneration was super cool. Jodie's previous regeneration had been my favourite, because of the music and SFX, but this was better in some ways.

In the trailer for the Christmas Day Special at least Ncuti has found some trousers. Tongue

RE: Doctor Who - Brekkie - 09-12-2023

I did catch the last few minutes before Strictly. I'm not a fan but I thought Ncuti was done dirty by bringing in Tennant for the 60th specials and now it seems he'll start his reign literally in the shadow of him too. He looked perfect for the role though in those first few minutes but I fear these specials will be more of a hindrance than a help in terms of the platform used to launch his tenure.

RE: Doctor Who - Blubatt - 10-12-2023

This is where the Who fan in me comes out, and says a lot of emotionally charged things, however, I will focus on the presentation. I didn't hate the twists. I am still processing it, but it isn't The Timeless Child, and it moves the story forward (Apologies for vagueness, but I am not goign to spoil anything). The effects were good, and some of the scenes, particularly with The Toymaker, were very well done.

I do love that new TARDIS interior though. I miss the old, white look. Wish they'd bring back the 4th Doctor's wooden console room though.

RE: Doctor Who - fanoftv - 10-12-2023

I thought it was a fantastic episode. I didn’t manage to catch it until late, but glad that (as per RTD’s request) I stayed off social media.

It was definitely a shock and something different and provides new possibilities in the future. Visually, it was stunning, the effects were great (especially after rewatching a lot of 10’s episodes recently). A great supportive cast, especially the return of an old friend.

RE: Doctor Who - AxG - 10-12-2023

I'm never going to listen to "Spice Up Your Life" in the same way again.

RE: Doctor Who - cable - 10-12-2023

I note the crossover/"shared universe" with Nolly (ITVX) was featuring john Logie Baird played by John Mackay.