Pres Café
American News Presentation - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: American News Presentation (/showthread.php?tid=209)

RE: American News Presentation - W. Knight - 28-09-2023

Staying with Fox, KABB in San Antonio (Sinclair) has a new brand and new opens: They're now Fox SA.
https://youtu.be/gYj_fmFO9Ro 
The graffti walls is a novel idea, but the logo is just tacked on.

Meanwhile, ABC's America This Morning looks to have a more blue and shadowy symbol at the headlines, in place of the date and headline lower thirds from the current package. Maybe a relaunch is in the works?
https://youtu.be/oswuM6qZ8zk 

RE: American News Presentation - mouseboy33 - 28-09-2023

(28-09-2023, 01:22 AM)Medianext.MX Wrote:  Back to Nexstar (but staying on the topic of new sets), WXIN, Fox's affiliate in Indy, has gotten a new set; according to them, they wanted to take "inspiration from Monument Circle in the heart of downtown Indianapolis" with all the marble and steel in the set; however, the way they designed and installed the set just makes it (at first sight) look cheap and too cold, not helped by the lighting and the very low ceiling of their studio floor (located within the newsroom); at least, there's a splash of coloring when used on air and makes it somehow better.

[Image: IMG_1070.jpeg.759bf0a0111e9c5868c457e7181e81f9.jpeg]

https://fox59.com/news/fox59-unveils-spectacular-new-studio/?fbclid=IwAR0b1mmIRVM_REf14yo1gzhW9U7FxaSfdFloYdZp3XZ_3G-R1qgtH7YkPv0_aem_AZuvnTG5tjzryoOSGrAtf4qUz3Sprhksf6NNSjC_NH-RToqcaGVMZTdF1uiCEUlvg9E 

In these images it looks quite drab. Again lighting lighting lighting. BUT... to be fair these pictures are actually deceptive as the accent lighting is not on and they are not using all of the "broadcast" lights. Its just the general overhead work lights that are on. And it makes the set look worse than it is.

It does look slightly better when its accent lighting is turned on,

https://fox59.com/news/fox59-unveils-spectacular-new-studio/ 

RE: American News Presentation - mark - 05-10-2023

NBC News Now is now on Samsung TV Plus - channel 4318. Nice to have it in the EPG on my smart TV.

As a result, I flicked onto it just after 7 this morning and, even though it wasn't on the schedule, the Today show was on. Quite strange but also quite enjoyable to be watching it in the UK at the same time of day that it airs in the US. The news was obviously a day old, though.

It reminded me of the NBC Super Channel days, when Today would be on at breakfast time in Europe the day after it aired in the States - with, if I remember correctly, inserts from ITN World News during the local news slots.

RE: American News Presentation - mouseboy33 - 05-10-2023

What other FAST US news channels are avilable in the UK beside NBC NEWS NOW?

It was interesting watching a breaking news cut in on the NBC network with Lester Holt. And when the coverage ended Lester used to encourage the viewers to turn MSNBC for continuing coverage. This time he only mentioned turning to NEWS NEWS NOW. I think because MSNBC is clearly partisan and NBC NEWS NOW is centrist like the network news division, they are encouraging viewers to go there. Just a slight change i noticed.

RE: American News Presentation - JamieMurph25 - 05-10-2023

(05-10-2023, 10:29 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  What other FAST  US news channels are avilable in the UK beside NBC NEWS NOW?

It was interesting watching a breaking news cut in on the NBC network with Lester Holt. And when the coverage ended Lester used to encourage the viewers to turn MSNBC for continuing coverage. This time he only mentioned turning to NEWS NEWS NOW. I think  because MSNBC is clearly partisan and NBC NEWS NOW is centrist like the network news division, they are encouraging viewers to go there. Just a slight change i noticed.
On Pluto TV in the UK region, they have CBS News.

RE: American News Presentation - James2001 - 05-10-2023

ABC News Live is available too, through their website, not geoblocked in any way. There was a Roku app at one time too, though it stopped being available in the UK a couple of years ago (though it is on the live section of the Haystack News app). The CBS News Roku app is still available in the UK (though the sports channel doesn't work, presumably rights issues).

The NBC News Now stream on Virgin looks quite odd, quite a jerky 60i>50i conversion. And last time I watched there were quite frequent promos for Today, even though the channel doesn't show it (though I guess they're aimed at the US audience who can flip to NBC to watch it)..

RE: American News Presentation - mouseboy33 - 06-10-2023

So the means:
Scripps News (formerly Newsy),
Newset,
LIVE Now from FOX,
CheddarNews,
NewsNation,
CBC Explore (Canada),
Accuweather,
WeatherNation
FoxWeather
Estrella Noticias
Univision 24/7
arent streaming or available I assume outside the US.

Does the CBS News app have the live stream channels included from all the O&O affiliates, or are those removed?

RE: American News Presentation - mark - 06-10-2023

The CBS News app on my phone has all the local streams.

CBS News, ABC News Live and NBC News Now are all available on YouTube over here too.

Both the Fox channels are available via the web and, at least as I'm writing this, on YouTube.

The Today show is on NBC News Now again this morning. I just checked the YouTube stream and it's NOT on that (which is showing Dateline as scheduled) - so it seems to be an opt-out for UK viewers. What a nice touch - long may it continue.

It's the same format as the replays on Today All Day - so they get through an hour of the show in 45 minutes and all four hours in three. I wondered if they'd show it in real time so the timings they mention are accurate - but that would have meant a lot of breakfiller as, on top of all the ad breaks, there aren't any local news or weather opt-outs.

RE: American News Presentation - mouseboy33 - 06-10-2023

I hate all things FOX, but the LIVENOW from FOX is a little gem if you follow breaking news. The channel is like SkyNews raw experiment in some ways. Its simply a channel with a presenter that tags and out from live breaking news live streams from various FOX affiliates across the US. its not a traditional talking head anchor channel. So if you get wind of a breaking story in the US.... try there first its very likely they will be carrying the local FOX affiliate news coverage. Its very RAW is not polished. There is dead air and its part of the style of coverage. Its very simple but a good watch or to leave on in the background.

RE: American News Presentation - London Lite - 06-10-2023

(06-10-2023, 01:38 AM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  So the means:
Scripps News (formerly Newsy),
Newset,
LIVE Now from FOX,
CheddarNews,
NewsNation,
CBC Explore (Canada),
Accuweather,
WeatherNation
FoxWeather
Estrella Noticias
Univision 24/7
arent streaming or available I assume outside the US.

Does the CBS News app have the live stream channels included from all the O&O affiliates, or are those removed?

I've watched Scripps News via their own app in the UK. Cheddar is on Molotov.tv in France.