Pres Café
Challenge TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Challenge TV (/showthread.php?tid=215)

RE: Challenge TV - WillPS - 30-05-2023

(30-05-2023, 03:01 PM)TVFan Wrote:  Looks like they received new prints, as the episodes also now end with a Sony logo. Speaking of which, the episode that just played only showed the first few seconds of the credits before cutting to the Sony logo, not sure if that was an error or an edit made by Challenge.

Possibly a very rough cut to remove contestant call, point to teletext or a viewer competition?

RE: Challenge TV - Happy2001 - 30-05-2023

(30-05-2023, 03:01 PM)TVFan Wrote:  Speaking of which, the episode that just played only showed the first few seconds of the credits before cutting to the Sony logo, not sure if that was an error or an edit made by Challenge.

Same thing happened again on the 6pm repeat.

RE: Challenge TV - TVFan - 30-05-2023

(30-05-2023, 06:48 PM)WillPS Wrote:  Possibly a very rough cut to remove contestant call, point to teletext or a viewer competition?
The episode was a "Classic" edit, so it was the generic credits that had none of these things.

RE: Challenge TV - KelpiePK93 - 14-06-2023

(27-05-2023, 03:01 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  2014 was when they re-acquired the Nicky eps, that’s 9 years ago, although I know it doesn’t feel like it. 

They haven’t shown the Leslie episodes since they’ve re-acquired Nicky’s.

Unless a John episode accidentally went out when a Nicky/Bradley one was scheduled?

Last run of WOF it jumped from Bradley's last episode to the Paul Hendy run of episodes (since watching the Hendy episodes back 20+ years on look back, don't think it's that bad. Sets a bit meh but more daytime - where as Leslie daytime was same set so just morphed into it).

I can't recall ever seeing the John Leslie prime time series or Purple set series (how many of them are they?) on Challenge? When his episodes aired was always just the 1998-2000 daytime ones.

RE: Challenge TV - Gary Baldy - 15-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 10:38 PM)KelpiePK93 Wrote:  Last run of WOF it jumped from Bradley's last episode to the Paul Hendy run of episodes (since watching the Hendy episodes back 20+ years on look back, don't think it's that bad. Sets a bit meh but more daytime - where as Leslie daytime was same set so just morphed into it).

I can't recall ever seeing the John Leslie prime time series or Purple set series (how many of them are they?) on Challenge?  When his episodes aired was always just the 1998-2000 daytime ones.

There are only 26 Leslie primetime episodes. They have aired before but not since around the mid 00s I don’t think.

I think there’s 50 of his purple set episodes, but I’ve never seen those on the channel.

RE: Challenge TV - Milkshake - 15-06-2023

There should be 125 Purple Set episodes with John Leslie from 2001, That come after the 250 eps from 2000.

RE: Challenge TV - KelpiePK93 - 19-06-2023

Bar one episode on youtube. Be good to see rest of the purple set eps with Leslie / and prime time eps.

RE: Challenge TV - James2001 - 19-06-2023

I admit I can't even remember the purple set John Leslie episodes being shown even on ITV, I only remember repeats from 1999/2000 being shown during 2001 until the Paul Hendy episodes came in.

RE: Challenge TV - J102B - 10-07-2023

Hello everyone.
I know this is possibly not the place to ask but I am at a dead end.
I have a colleague who is retiring after 43 years of service at the same school. It’s recently come to light that he appeared on one of the earlier series of Blockbusters. We would love to get the footage. Does anyone know if ITV/Challenge or another provider has the episodes to stream? Or if there is an email address to contact someone at ITV who may be able to help.
Any info you may have would be gratefully received.

RE: Challenge TV - WillPS - 10-07-2023

Challenge haven't showed any Holness era Blockbusters in years unfortunately. The Simon Mayo series appears occasionally as schedule filler (presumably this is more readily available to them whenever since they commissioned it). When they did show it they showed the first few dozen episodes of the first series (1983) and a few dozen episodes of the final ITV network series (1992), as well as the reprised series originally comissioned for Sky One (1994). These episodes are all/mostly on YouTube (unoffically), along with some captures from original screenings or 90s repeats.

The rights belong to ITV but it's not being streamed anywhere officially. Even if they were it's worth remembering that they were making hundreds of episodes a year so it'd be a bit of a needle in a haystack unless you happen to know the specific series and episode.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.