Pres Café
Challenge TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Challenge TV (/showthread.php?tid=215)

RE: Challenge TV - JAS84 - 27-07-2023

(26-07-2023, 06:56 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Where as nowadays you could probably cut an hour long ITV game show down to half an hour and not actually miss anything.    Family Fortunes has as many rounds now at an hour as it did at half an hour with Les Dennis.    Think it's the same with Catchphrase too, although that doesn't feel so padded.
It's not the same with Catchphrase, they added an extra round at the start that wasn't there in the Roy Walker version, and a third contestant who gets eliminated at the end of that round.

RE: Challenge TV - Ash101 - 27-07-2023

(27-07-2023, 11:26 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  It's not the same with Catchphrase, they added an extra round at the start that wasn't there in the Roy Walker version, and a third contestant who gets eliminated at the end of that round.

But that's for the 'non celebrity' versions that run at 45 minutes? The celeb shows run for a full hour and don't lose a contestant at the end of the first round.

RE: Challenge TV - Happy2001 - 27-07-2023

(27-07-2023, 11:20 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Worth noting,  especially after yesterday, he hasn't been charged with anything, let alone found guilty.

Suspect had he been a contestant the episode may have been skipped but here it's a minimal appearance - though as Alexander usually repeats questions when they're read by a guest it probably could be edited out relatively easily.

P.S  Has Challenge ever showed regular Pointless or just the celeb version?

Challenge has shown both versions since 2011 but are more focused on the latter now.

RE: Challenge TV - Larry the Loafer - 27-07-2023

(27-07-2023, 10:47 AM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  Yikes- Challenge are airing an episode of Pointless with a brief appearance from Tim Westwood….

I guess it slipped through the cracks because he wasn’t playing the game- just asking one of the questions.

There's still an episode of Family Fortunes in circulation where Les and a contestant discuss how great Rolf Harris is.

RE: Challenge TV - James2001 - 27-07-2023

Wasn't there an episode of Bullseye where someone came on dressed as Jinny Savile? I think it popped up once after all the allegations came out before someone noticed (a bit like the infamous Tweenies episode).

RE: Challenge TV - Gary Baldy - 27-07-2023

I recall a Bullseye once where Rolf Harris was an answer to a question in the faces round and they didn’t edit his image out- I guess though that would affect gameplay.

RE: Challenge TV - Gary Baldy - 27-07-2023

(27-07-2023, 11:20 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Worth noting,  especially after yesterday, he hasn't been charged with anything, let alone found guilty.

Suspect had he been a contestant the episode may have been skipped but here it's a minimal appearance - though as Alexander usually repeats questions when they're read by a guest it probably could be edited out relatively easily.

P.S  Has Challenge ever showed regular Pointless or just the celeb version?
What happened yesterday? 

Did some more news come out about this case?

RE: Challenge TV - Neil Jones - 27-07-2023

(27-07-2023, 12:34 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Wasn't there an episode of Bullseye where someone came on dressed as Jinny Savile? I think it popped up once after all the allegations came out before someone noticed (a bit like the infamous Tweenies episode).

That was somebody from The Grumbleweeds on one of the Christmas Specials.

And they were still showing it long after the allegations anyway. I'm sure it took a good few airings before somebody finally noticed, which may be a sign of how "good" (or not) the impression was in the first place.

Re: Rolf Harris being the answer to a question - yeah when they had social media that was actively updated/in use it was said they wouldn't cut it out if it was just a text answer to a question. Its more difficult with the Faces question on Bullseye, because the clue's in the name and the inclusion of Harris would have been based on his standing and appeal at the time of the programme (which was considerably higher than it later would become).

RE: Challenge TV - Brekkie - 27-07-2023

(27-07-2023, 11:53 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  But that's for the 'non celebrity' versions that run at 45 minutes? The celeb shows run for a full hour and don't lose a contestant at the end of the first round.
Yes, they've not used that format for years now. It's basically three rounds, a "ready money round" and the final which I think is the same as the original run.

(27-07-2023, 01:05 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  What happened yesterday? 

Did some more news come out about this case?

The Kevin Spacey verdict - a reminder accusations do not mean a guilty verdict.

RE: Challenge TV - rick - 27-07-2023

Family Fortunes and Catchphrase could easily be cut down to remove the large amount of waffle, recapping and general filler that is crammed between each segment that slows the show down so much. It was done in less than 30 mins before, why double that to add nothing of substance?