Pres Café
Challenge TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Challenge TV (/showthread.php?tid=215)

RE: Challenge TV - TVFan - 02-08-2023

(02-08-2023, 09:07 PM)Nobby Wrote:  Pretty sure the synopsis is the same as when they were shown on That's TV too. I remember the description of the first episode. It's actually rare for Challenge to have meaningful synopsis for their shows so it will be interesting if that makes it to the EPG or if they end up  using something generic.
Whatever they do, it can’t be worse than the Virgin EPG, where the episodes are being billed as from the Keith Lemon era.

RE: Challenge TV - JAS84 - 03-08-2023

Which we know from the runtime can't be right. How did Virgin make that mistake? Confused

RE: Challenge TV - Neil Jones - 03-08-2023

(03-08-2023, 12:57 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Which we know from the runtime can't be right. How did Virgin make that mistake? Confused

I'm not sure "they" have.

I wouldn't be the least surprised if the backend/software has just seen the programme title and decided to reuse some cached text/image from probably an ITV2 repeat at some point.

Anyway wouldn't be the first time the EPG on Virgin has been wrong, on many levels, IIRC its a TiVo thing, or at minimum a TiVo thing in the way Virgin have implemented it (as per previous discussion they've had to bodge the system before for channel recordings that have closed, so it wouldn't surprise me if they've had to bodge it in other ways)

Do they have these sorts of issues on the original implementation of TiVo in the US or other places where its been sold to?

RE: Challenge TV - WillPS - 06-08-2023

Reminds me of when the yearly (Christmas) Midnight Mass airing was mistaken by many guides for a horror film of the same name.

RE: Challenge TV - BlueFrog - 07-08-2023

Just before Sign2Win this morning, Challenge updated their idents to subtitle the continuity script.

'You're ALL in play. Quizzing is everything and for everyone. A new British Sign Language gameshow - Sign 2 Win now on Challenge.'

RE: Challenge TV - LouBlu08 - 07-08-2023

I'm actually surprised that this Sign2Win show's been around for a bit. I've never actually heard of it before probably cause it went out last year on Film4 of all channels, the last place I'd think to see a game show. It went out on Together TV as well though.
Anyways it's nice to see a gameshow air on Challenge using BSL.

RE: Challenge TV - nwtv2003 - 07-08-2023

Film4 has had a BSL slot every Monday at 8:00am for quite a while now. It is something that’s scheduled, but does go out relatively unnoticed.

RE: Challenge TV - Brekkie - 07-08-2023

Yes - is an odd slot. More4 or 4Seven would seem a more natural choice, both of whom are also usually showing teleshopping at that point.

RE: Challenge TV - Jon - 07-08-2023

(07-08-2023, 05:35 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Yes - is an odd slot.  More4 or 4Seven would seem a more natural choice, both of whom are also usually showing teleshopping at that point.
I think it’s compliance thing isn’t it? And assuming that’s the case I guess those other channels have signed programmes in other slots.

RE: Challenge TV - Gary Baldy - 11-08-2023

Let’s just hope the first series of Through the Keyhole featured no kiddy fiddlers.