Pres Café
Challenge TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Challenge TV (/showthread.php?tid=215)

RE: Challenge TV - bilky asko - 14-11-2023

(14-11-2023, 04:06 PM)Jon Wrote:  I’m thought they did a US version in the Dickerson days. But it may have just been US special with UK contestants?

They did an Australian special run, notable because a transport issue caused breakages over multiple episodes.

RE: Challenge TV - Happy2001 - 15-11-2023

Tenable replaces Bullseye in the 11pm weekday slot from next Monday, the 5 pm repeats stay.

RE: Challenge TV - JAS84 - 15-11-2023

The 5pm ones are not the same episodes as the 11pm ones. The 5am and 5pm slots are currently on season 3, the 11pm slot is airing season 10, according to Radio Times.

I wonder if they don't have the rights to season 11 onwards and therefore they'll have completed the run?

RE: Challenge TV - lookoutwales - 15-11-2023

(15-11-2023, 12:09 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  The 5pm ones are not the same episodes as the 11pm ones. The 5am and 5pm slots are currently on season 3, the 11pm slot is airing season 10, according to Radio Times.

I wonder if they don't have the rights to season 11 onwards and therefore they'll have completed the run?

They completed another cycle through to season 15 (or at least the 9-10 episodes they usually show - excluding the very last show of the original era) at 5pm just a few weeks ago.

Is it still rating well at 11pm? Last time they tried to drop it, I think they ran the short-lived One Hundred and Eighty! instead (and AFAIK, that only series got one complete showing) before a quick revert back to Bullseye.

Wouldn't be surprised if it makes a quick return to 11pm...and probably 4pm as well (they usually have a poor record buying "new" shows onto the line-up, only to ditch them quickly from their timeslots)

RE: Challenge TV - JasonB - 15-11-2023

I remember when they still had the Facebook page still active there was an uproar when they got rid of the evening Bullseye and they quickly returned it to the late night schedules not long after.

RE: Challenge TV - JAS84 - 15-11-2023

(15-11-2023, 01:01 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  They completed another cycle through to season 15 (or at least the 9-10 episodes they usually show - excluding the very last show of the original era) at 5pm just a few weeks ago.

Is it still rating well at 11pm? Last time they tried to drop it, I think they ran the short-lived One Hundred and Eighty! instead (and AFAIK, that only series got one complete showing) before a quick revert back to Bullseye.

Wouldn't be surprised if it makes a quick return to 11pm...and probably 4pm as well (they usually have a poor record buying "new" shows onto the line-up, only to ditch them quickly from their timeslots)
Excluding the very last show? Is there a reason they didn't show that? They won't have mentioned on it that it was the last episode will they, they didn't know they were cancelled at the time did they?

RE: Challenge TV - Brekkie - 15-11-2023

(15-11-2023, 03:48 AM)Happy2001 Wrote:  Tenable replaces Bullseye in the 11pm weekday slot from next Monday, the 5 pm repeats stay.

Bullseye must have been in that 11pm slot for years.

RE: Challenge TV - Neil Jones - 16-11-2023

(15-11-2023, 03:44 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Excluding the very last show? Is there a reason they didn't show that? They won't have mentioned on it that it was the last episode will they, they didn't know they were cancelled at the time did they?

They might have had an inkling it was the end, but somebody baulked at new proposals and said sod that we'll rather stop making the show. And that's what they did.

They did only make 13 episodes of the final series of Bullseye, which was the shortest series since Series 2, and normally if the network chops the number of ordered episodes in half from the heights of the heydays, that normally means either somebody else is in charge or the network has lost faith in your show.

Can't see any obvious reason why Challenge don't show that episode - Dennis Priestley is (according to IMDb) "special guest" aka presumably the dart player raising for money for charity, and I can only presume some issue may have cropped up with a contestant?

RE: Challenge TV - James2001 - 23-11-2023

(14-11-2023, 09:32 AM)Neil Jones Wrote:  IIRC Bargain Hunt has a unique definition of "series", as the show's been on air since 2000 and we're already on "series 65", though there are episodes on the iPlayer showing from Series 66.  Series 52 was in 2019 so that's like 15 "series" in just four years.

And according to the iPlayer, today's Doctor Who special is from series 67- bizarre they're premiering episodes from 3 different series concurrently!

RE: Challenge TV - BlueFrog - 26-11-2023

Bridge of Lies (2022 BBC gameshow with Ross Kemp) is coming to Challenge, as far as the schedule goes it'll be on Saturday the 9th of December at 5AM.