Pres Café
Challenge TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Challenge TV (/showthread.php?tid=215)

RE: Challenge TV - BlueFrog - 19-12-2023

The first episode of The Crystal Maze is on Challenge right now.

RE: Challenge TV - Juicy Joe - 19-12-2023

They're putting The Crystal Maze Specials on this Saturday morning at 5am. I hope it is restored to a 7pm position very soon. Was there any mention about watch the series online during the credits? I'd prefer to watch it as it goes out.

RE: Challenge TV - WillPS - 19-12-2023

(19-12-2023, 12:13 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  They're putting The Crystal Maze Specials on this Saturday morning at 5am. I hope it is restored to a 7pm position very soon. Was there any mention about watch the series online during the credits? I'd prefer to watch it as it goes out.

It's unusual for there to be any continuity announcements at all in the early hours of the morning, even during the daytime they're mostly generic things talking about completely different programmes to what's on now/next.

RE: Challenge TV - BlueFrog - 19-12-2023

It was certainly a refreshment from other shows on the channel even though I have seen the first episode 2 billion times. As far as I know it stopped airing routinely in 2017 and has only had occasional repeats until 2020 (There was also a period where this was on Sky Two).

Just hope they schedule it at a time that isn't 5am.

RE: Challenge TV - rick - 20-12-2023

I doubt they are new copies and are still the hacked Virgin ones?

RE: Challenge TV - Neil Jones - 20-12-2023

(20-12-2023, 07:04 PM)rick Wrote:  I doubt they are new copies and are still the hacked Virgin ones?

AFAIK Virgin didn't hack away at the RoB episodes, with the exception of the Christmas specials, though somebody chopped out most of the "see you next week" bits but that was before Virgin came along..

RE: Challenge TV - SuperSajuuk - 20-12-2023

Someone mentioned here that there is a way to watch Challenge content on-demand, but i couldn’t find it anywhere in the Sky Q “catch up tv” section, despite it heing a sky channel, nor in the tv guide via the “available now” section [which wasn’t displayed]. I don’t really know why Sky don’t just provide these as downloads considering it probably costs them very little to put out these episodes, and broadcasting just one episode per series makes little sense.

RE: Challenge TV - WillPS - 21-12-2023

(20-12-2023, 08:06 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  AFAIK Virgin didn't hack away at the RoB episodes, with the exception of the Christmas specials, though somebody chopped out most of the "see you next week" bits but that was before Virgin came along..

There have been cuts for as long as Challenge [TV] has been a thing. The Britbox versions represent the first time they've been available in the UK in their complete form since Channel 4 stopped airing it.

(20-12-2023, 11:51 PM)SuperSajuuk Wrote:  Someone mentioned here that there is a way to watch Challenge content on-demand, but i couldn’t find it anywhere in the Sky Q “catch up tv” section, despite it heing a sky channel, nor in the tv guide via the “available now” section [which wasn’t displayed]. I don’t really know why Sky don’t just provide these as downloads considering it probably costs them very little to put out these episodes, and broadcasting just one episode per series makes little sense.

That area was pretty well populated a few years ago, but last time I checked (on Now) it was down to just a few recently showed episodes of Pointless. I guess Sky concluded it wasn't really adding any value to their overall on demand offer.

RE: Challenge TV - London Lite - 21-12-2023

(20-12-2023, 11:51 PM)SuperSajuuk Wrote:  Someone mentioned here that there is a way to watch Challenge content on-demand, but i couldn’t find it anywhere in the Sky Q “catch up tv” section, despite it heing a sky channel, nor in the tv guide via the “available now” section [which wasn’t displayed]. I don’t really know why Sky don’t just provide these as downloads considering it probably costs them very little to put out these episodes, and broadcasting just one episode per series makes little sense.

On Sky Stream, I have Bullseye added to my playlist which at least records the current episodes into the cloud which has now given me a range of episodes across a few series to watch.

RE: Challenge TV - Spencer - 21-12-2023

There definitely used to be a Challenge section within the Catch up TV section on Sky Q, but looking now, it appears to have been removed at some point.