Pres Café
Challenge TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Challenge TV (/showthread.php?tid=215)

RE: Challenge TV - lookoutwales - 07-02-2024

Yeah, noticed here the first break was entirely missed out - and they still have a habit of playing the trail for the show in the exact junction leading up to it.

RE: Challenge TV - lookoutwales - 08-02-2024

So it’s the last Weakest Link in the 7pm slot tomorrow - just wondering whether it’s actually the final episode of the original run?

RE: Challenge TV - Happy2001 - 08-02-2024

(08-02-2024, 10:03 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  So it’s the last Weakest Link in the 7pm slot tomorrow - just wondering whether it’s actually the final episode of the original run?

The Christmas Day episode was described as being the Champion of Champions show.

RE: Challenge TV - JAS84 - 09-02-2024

Radio Times website says that tomorrow's 7pm episode is S13E94, and the one at midnight is S13E95 - so no, apparently. It's odd though. Today both timeslots are episode 93.

RE: Challenge TV - JAS84 - 09-02-2024

Challenge just mistimed an ECP, talking over Chris and the contestants on Millionaire instead of waiting for the credits.

RE: Challenge TV - lookoutwales - 10-02-2024

(09-02-2024, 12:39 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  Radio Times website says that tomorrow's 7pm episode is S13E94, and the one at midnight is S13E95 - so no, apparently. It's odd though. Today both timeslots are episode 93.

So it proved...and even more oddly, they're showing a 'Hunks' special (from the same S13) in place of Millionaire at 10pm on Valentine's Day.

RE: Challenge TV - Brekkie - 12-02-2024

I don't think it's any secret The Crystal Maze changed some of their games halfway through filming each series but tonight's episode feels like it's from a completely different series to the Series 2 episodes that aired last week. These are much better and more memorable games - were a few does in the others, especially the robot game.

Did the Gold/Silver graphic only last for this series?

RE: Challenge TV - Neil Jones - 12-02-2024

(12-02-2024, 08:28 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I don't think it's any secret The Crystal Maze changed some of their games halfway through filming each series but tonight's episode feels like it's from a completely different series to the Series 2 episodes that aired last week. These are much better and more memorable games - were a few does in the others, especially the robot game.

Did the Gold/Silver graphic only last for this series?

The graphics you mention lasted one series, they'll disappear in the next series.
interesting idea, but realistically took too much screen space up.

c. 50 games were created for each series (49 for series 2), and there were 12 games in each zone (13 in one zone in series 2).

RE: Challenge TV - SuperSajuuk - 12-02-2024

One thing that I will be interested to see is which copies of the latter episodes they have (ie the Tudor-Pole series), assuming they're going to show every episode of every original series. YouTube uploads from repeats aired on Ftn or pre-Challenge channels show there's a copy that has been given a butchering with a random ad break inserted at the half-way point, which looks silly. I assume that version will get used again anyway, but will be intrigued if a non-butchered version will get used by Sky.

Have been enjoying watching the series again, and have it on Series Link Record, as its really unlikely this will be aired again for several years. Annoyingly, Episode 1 of Series 2 isn't linked properly (despite airing at 6pm) so its become separated from the main category on my Sky Q box. Hopefully the first episode of series 3, 4, 5 and 6 don't suffer the same fate lol.

RE: Challenge TV - Neil Jones - 12-02-2024

(12-02-2024, 09:09 PM)SuperSajuuk Wrote:  One thing that I will be interested to see is which copies of the latter episodes they have (ie the Tudor-Pole series), assuming they're going to show every episode of every original series. YouTube uploads from repeats aired on Ftn or pre-Challenge channels show there's a copy that has been given a butchering with a random ad break inserted at the half-way point, which looks silly. I assume that version will get used again anyway, but will be intrigued if a non-butchered version will get used by Sky.

Ftn was the old Flextech "shop window" on Freeview for the Flextech channels (so Challenge, Trouble, Bravo, Living), so it was owned by the same company as Challenge was at the time. So it'll probably be the same prints they've had for the last 25 odd years, including the ones Virgin butchered.

Although Challenge is the only one left out of all those services, as most were closed not long after Sky bought them, the exception being Living which lasted a while before being folded and replaced with I think it was Sky Witness.