Pres Café
Challenge TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Challenge TV (/showthread.php?tid=215)

RE: Challenge TV - Neil Jones - 22-02-2024

(22-02-2024, 08:19 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  They've annoyingly added a massive "New to Challenge" DOG tonight (haven't noticed it before) for The Crystal Maze, despite surely showing it multiple times before.

Yeah that's the first time that's appeared this run.
But yes, might be that they haven't shown it for a very long time - it used to be it only appeared on stuff that hadn't aired under Sky ownership, but that argument/use case fell apart when they started sticking it on stuff they just hadn't aired for a while.

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised when they start the Blockbusters re-runs next month that'll have a "New to Challenge" DOG on it - and that first/early series of Blockbusters debuted under Sky ownership anyway - previously it was only the 90s episodes that were seen ad nauseam.

RE: Challenge TV - Brekkie - 28-02-2024

I didn't realise The Crystal Maze changed their title card in series 3 - always assume that came in during series 4 when the Ocean Zone was introduced and map graphic was changed.

RE: Challenge TV - lookoutwales - 28-02-2024

(28-02-2024, 09:17 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  I didn't realise The Crystal Maze changed their title card in series 3 - always assume that came in during series 4 when the Ocean Zone was introduced and map graphic was changed.

Noticed the change in production font came in the same time as the new title graphics - though for whatever reason, it looked cleaner on-screen from series 4 onwards.

RE: Challenge TV - Neil Jones - 28-02-2024

IIRC the children's special for Series 3 (which was the first of that run, though Challenge treats those separately) still had the previous titles and font. As it featured games from Series 3, it must have been made after they took all the Series 2 games out.

So the decision to make the new titles and new font must have been a late call - I believe the Christmas Specials were the first aired for a series, with the main episodes following later (four months or so for Series 3). Of course post production can be done on any episode in any order so...

RE: Challenge TV - rick - 28-02-2024

The logo and all on screen text including the clock were changed from Bank Gothic to Equinox for Series 3 onwards. The clock had monospaced numbers, but for Series 4 onwards, they made the clock bigger and brighter and removed the monospacing. It almost looked as if they also stretched the clock vertically for Series 4-6 as well as making the font size bigger.

RE: Challenge TV - SuperSajuuk - 28-02-2024

The Millionaire Series 1-4 rerun appears to be missing the second episode of Series 2, so it goes from Episode 1 to Episode 3 [very obvious to spot because a different contestant is in the hot seat from the start]. Does anyone remember if Episode 2 had previously been aired, or has it been pulled due to an issue with it in some form? It appears to be the only missing episode so far [outwith those episodes which have not been aired due to them being lost/too poor in quality to be reaired].

EDIT; quick check on youtube shows S2 E2 has never been aired by Challenge, so i assume it is one of the missing episodes.

RE: Challenge TV - James2001 - 28-02-2024

I'm not sure how an episode of such a major show from 1999 could have gone missing... there's likely another reason it's not been shown.

I'm sure it was part of the run of "classic" episodes that ITV ran in 2003 (which spliced episodes from the early series with new links from Chris and interviews with some of the contestants).

RE: Challenge TV - SuperSajuuk - 28-02-2024

(28-02-2024, 02:07 PM)James2001 Wrote:  I'm not sure how an episode of such a major show from 1999 could have gone missing... there's likely another reason it's not been shown.

I'm sure it was part of the run of "classic" episodes that ITV ran in 2003 (which spliced episodes from the early series with new links from Chris and interviews with some of the contestants).
Yeah there’s a video on facebook from that run you mention, but its only up to the third contestant [when she reached £1k].

I assume missing as back in 2015, they mentioned not getting all episodes [for example the Series 1 Christmas Special S1E11 has never been aired because the episode wasn’t found by ITV at the time]. It could be there are other reasons, as you say, although there’s nothing online to suggest why the episode was excluded back then.

RE: Challenge TV - tellyblues - 28-02-2024

Episode 2 has the graphic for the text in competition so maybe that's why Challenge have skipped it?

https://www.facebook.com/MillionaireUKFanPage/videos/7244696785560445/ 

RE: Challenge TV - Neil Jones - 28-02-2024

I suspect those graphics were added live on playout at the time... if you flip further through the episode when Chris is giving the right order to Fastest Finger first the graphic is right over his face... if it had been burnt in I'd have have hoped somebody would have spotted that...