Pres Café
Challenge TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Challenge TV (/showthread.php?tid=215)

RE: Challenge TV - Happy2001 - 28-02-2024

(28-02-2024, 02:31 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  Episode 2 has the graphic for the text in competition so maybe that's why Challenge have skipped it?

https://www.facebook.com/MillionaireUKFanPage/videos/7244696785560445/ 

The Classic Millionaire version from 2003 might (where the video comes from) but the orginal wouldn't.

RE: Challenge TV - SuperSajuuk - 28-02-2024

Yeah those graphics are added by the classic re-run, and aren’t part of the original episode. Its a strange conundrum, because looking through just that clip doesn’t immediately throw up an in-episode reason for not showing it, so maybe Challenge only received “this version” [from the classic re-airing] of the episode and decided not to bother showing it due to the excessive editing needed and that it isn’t complete? We’ll probably never know, unless an ITV insider sees this and was involved in finding the content at the time and comes to tell us lol

RE: Challenge TV - Happy2001 - 28-02-2024

(28-02-2024, 04:15 PM)SuperSajuuk Wrote:  Yeah those graphics are added by the classic re-run, and aren’t part of the original episode. Its a strange conundrum, because looking through just that clip doesn’t immediately throw up an in-episode reason for not showing it, so maybe Challenge only received “this version” [from the classic re-airing] of the episode and decided not to bother showing it due to the excessive editing needed and that it isn’t complete? We’ll probably never know, unless an ITV insider sees this and was involved in finding the content at the time and comes to tell us lol

As the ITV version of Classic Who Wants To Be A Millionaire was in a 30 minute slot, all hour episodes were split into two episodes.

RE: Challenge TV - James2001 - 28-02-2024

Surely "ITV" wouldn't be involved in anything here, as they neither made or distribute the show.

RE: Challenge TV - SuperSajuuk - 28-02-2024

(28-02-2024, 06:43 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Surely "ITV" wouldn't be involved in anything here, as they neither made or distribute the show.

Why wouldn’t they be? All the original series were produced for ITV (and Chris namechecks them plenty of times in the early series, namely at phone-a-friends) and Challenge said back in 2014 that it was ITV who found the original broadcast tapes from these series and passed them over for airing [with obligatory phone number/casting sections edited out/covered up]. While the rights are owned by Sony now, ITV were the ones who commissioned the programme to be made by Celador at the time, so in essence ITV are relevant, as Sony never actually had the tapes when they bought the rights in 2008 [they only had the tapes from Series 5 onwards, which were the Virgin bodges].

RE: Challenge TV - Neil Jones - 05-03-2024

Because I was at work when Blockbusters came back at 4pm yesterday, I don't quite know what's going on with the broaddcast order this time round, but today from 4pm we seem to have what looked the first episode of 1983, and then at 4:30 was an entirely different episode (same era) with three different contestants, the single player £250 up already.

I know there's a chunk of 1983 episodes missing but when they showed this last time the first double pairing got through to 5 gold runs, and I think the run was in full and done within about three episodes.

RE: Challenge TV - Happy2001 - 05-03-2024

(05-03-2024, 05:51 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Because I was at work when Blockbusters came back at 4pm yesterday, I don't quite know what's going on with the broaddcast order this time round, but today from 4pm we seem to have what looked the first episode of 1983, and then at 4:30 was an entirely different episode (same era) with three different contestants, the single player £250 up already.

Yesterda they showed episodes 2 & 3.

RE: Challenge TV - JAS84 - 05-03-2024

Well, Radio Times seems to be confused. That website says it was season 1 episodes 1 and 2 yesterday.... of Simon Mayo's version! Today's was episodes 3 and 6, which fits what you describe (episodes being skipped), so I think RT is using an incorrect synopsis but the episode numbers are correct.

RE: Challenge TV - Juicy Joe - 06-03-2024

I noticed in Tuesday's 4.30pm Blockbusters, Bob referred to it being a Monday, which means they must have originally launched Blockbusters on a Thursday if yesterday's episodes were 2&3, which seems a bit weird.

In addition, one of the questions was something like "What D is a well-known Australian instrument?" The school student answered "Didgeridoo" to which Bob replied "Correct! Ahh...so you know Rolf Harris too?" Obviously, these were more innocent times and it's good it wasn't edited out and the episode was shown as originally broadcast.

I say that, but I notice no Central globes at the start of the shows, which is unusual as Bullseye and Max Bygraves' Family Fortunes often have these kept in.

RE: Challenge TV - Happy2001 - 06-03-2024

(06-03-2024, 10:39 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  I noticed in Tuesday's 4.30pm Blockbusters, Bob referred to it being a Monday, which means they must have originally launched Blockbusters on a Thursday

The 4pm show on Tuesday was the first ever show and Bob specifically said it was Monday & episodes 2 and 3 on Monday referenced the previous shows being Monday & Tuesday