Pres Café
BBC Local Radio - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: BBC Local Radio (/showthread.php?tid=218)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: BBC Local Radio - Manclad83 - 30-04-2023

Do we know if anyone is leaving BBC Radio Manchester? I know that the cuts aren’t going to be as savage at that station.

RE: BBC Local Radio - Jimbo2022 - 30-04-2023

Not sure on that but radio Merseyside is aparently soon ending it's current late show on 19 May but not seen it confirmed by the station. Was mentioned on a Facebook group but have been unable to find it

RE: BBC Local Radio - dvboy - 30-04-2023

Caroline Martin who does the late show across the Midlands stations announced she is leaving earlier this week.

RE: BBC Local Radio - Toby brown - 30-04-2023

(30-04-2023, 09:40 PM)dvboy Wrote:  Caroline Martin who does the late show across the Midlands stations announced she is leaving earlier this week.

She is moving to another BBC region

RE: BBC Local Radio - Brekkie - 01-05-2023

(30-04-2023, 09:55 PM)Toby brown Wrote:  
(30-04-2023, 09:40 PM)dvboy Wrote:  Caroline Martin who does the late show across the Midlands stations announced she is leaving earlier this week.

She is moving to another BBC region

Never a good look when people already in that region are out of the job but guess just as they've had to reapply for roles in their locality they've been able to apply for roles nationwide too which as a back up plan is probably sensible.

Possible as well that in some areas more presenters accepted redundancy than required leaving slots genuinely available.

RE: BBC Local Radio - Former Member 406 - 04-05-2023

I know it was said that, outside of 6am-2pm on weekdays, "live sports programmes" will be protected to also remain local for each station.

Aside from live matchday coverage, BBC Radio Bristol also has 1-hour magazine programmes for fans of local football & rugby teams at 6pm on certain weeknights as follows:

Mon: "The Sound of the City" (Bristol City FC).
Tues: "The Scrum" (Bristol Bears & Bath Rugby).
Thurs: "Having a Gas" (Bristol Rovers FC).

I suspect that some/many/most other BBC Local Radio stations may also have equivalent programmes to the above. It is unclear to me whether the protected "live sports programmes" after the cuts will include the above, or whether it's literally only live matchday coverage that will survive whilst these magazines are axed.

RE: BBC Local Radio - TJTSW - 04-05-2023

Sounds like the changes to local radio are happening in September, a caller called into Radio devon Yesterday (wednesday) and he was taking part in fighting Fitz, and they asked Fitz was he staying with the BBC and Fitz replied that he was leaving the BBC in Septemember?

So we are going to have to put up with a muddled random presenters filling in for the main presenters on their shows over the summer? i knoe its been bank holidays the last few weeks so might be the reason but one evening i listened in and it was cornwall this and cornwall that.... Sorry Devon you get sidelined

RE: BBC Local Radio - Stooky Bill - 05-05-2023

It might be being done in a region by region basis. Although him leaving the BBC in September doesn't mean he's staying on air till September! That's 3 months notice period from now

RE: BBC Local Radio - Steve in Pudsey - 05-05-2023

Jonathan Cowap is leaving Radio York last week having taken voluntary redundancy rather than going through the process of submitting a demo tape etc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-65485074.amp 

RE: BBC Local Radio - TJTSW - 05-05-2023

(05-05-2023, 08:17 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  It might be being done in a region by region basis. Although him leaving the BBC in September doesn't mean he's staying on air till September! That's 3 months notice period from now

ahhh was hoping would keep Fitz on air for a bit longer, although he seems to be having fun having the odd swipe on air at the BBC Management which makes me chuckle... sad times ahead all round