Pres Café
Irish TV News Discussion 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Irish TV News Discussion 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=227)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Irish TV News Discussion 2.0 - bkman1990 - 27-09-2023

That looks like Studio 5 to me. RTÉ must have cheapened out on the new look when Carla took over the show.

Does anyone know where the previous studio was for Crimecall when Sharon Ní Bheolaín hosted it?

RE: Irish TV News Discussion 2.0 - MLehon - 28-09-2023

RTE News (Channel) appear to have a new "filler" political weekly review programme titled "Your Politics" introduced by Aine Lawlor. Fellow RTE journalists Paul Cunningham and Micheal Lehane in the small very tight radio studio plus a.n.other (Sinead ??) who I don't know but visually for a low cost production technical standards are good. Obviously RTE creating their own version of BBC Newscast and no doubt given all the recent controversaries RTE are keen to keep a focus on Irish politics given their recent Dail committee scrutiny.

RE: Irish TV News Discussion 2.0 - JMT1985 - 28-09-2023

(27-09-2023, 02:14 AM)bkman1990 Wrote:  That looks like Studio 5 to me. RTÉ must have cheapened out on the new look when Carla took over the show.

Does anyone know where the previous studio was for Crimecall when Sharon Ní Bheolaín hosted it?

RTE have three large studios - Studio 1, Studio 4 and Studio 5 - so if it looks like they were in a large studio as those three studios are 4,180 Sq Ft, 6,525 Sq Ft and 2,415 Sq Ft for those three in order, it was most certainly one of them - if RTE were trying to be on the cheaper side, Studio 2 would be the place.

RE: Irish TV News Discussion 2.0 - AJB39 - 29-09-2023

(28-09-2023, 05:35 PM)MLehon Wrote:  RTE News (Channel) appear to have a new "filler" political weekly review programme titled "Your Politics" introduced by Aine Lawlor.  Fellow RTE journalists Paul Cunningham and Micheal Lehane in the small very tight radio studio plus a.n.other (Sinead ??) who I don't know but visually for a low cost production technical standards are good.  Obviously RTE creating their own version of BBC Newscast and no doubt given all the recent controversaries RTE are keen to keep a focus on Irish politics given their recent Dail committee scrutiny.

The “Your Politics” podcast actually launched on the 30th of November 2018. It’s recorded every Thursday and is usually broadcast live on the RTE News Channel as it’s recorded. It was presented by Áine Lawlor at the beginning and again now but was presented by other presenters for a while in the middle. It usually features 2 to 3 political correspondents and sometimes interviews politicians as well. It is broadcast from a very small studio in Leinster House, the home of the Irish Houses of Parliament, the Dáil and the Seanad.

RE: Irish TV News Discussion 2.0 - MLehon - 29-09-2023

(29-09-2023, 10:07 AM)AJB39 Wrote:  The “Your Politics” podcast actually launched on the 30th of November 2018. It’s recorded every Thursday and is usually broadcast live on the RTE News Channel as it’s recorded. It was presented by Áine Lawlor at the beginning and again now but was presented by other presenters for a while in the middle. It usually features 2 to 3 political correspondents and sometimes interviews politicians as well. It is broadcast from a very small studio in Leinster House, the home of the Irish Houses of Parliament, the Dáil and the Seanad.
Ah right thanks for that.  Not living in RoI I do however have access to Saorview but this was first time when I have dipped in and out of RTE News that I caught "Your Politics".  I note that it's not specifically listed on the EPG hence another reason it had not previously caught my attention.   It's a relevant programme which maybe should merit its own listing on the EPG though appreciate its primarily a Podcast.  I suppose on the Channel you never know what you might see under the EPG generalisation listings of "Latest News and Weather" or "Current Affairs Round-up".

RE: Irish TV News Discussion 2.0 - AJB39 - 29-09-2023

(29-09-2023, 11:32 AM)MLehon Wrote:  Ah right thanks for that.  Not living in RoI I do however have access to Saorview but this was first time when I have dipped in and out of RTE News that I caught "Your Politics".  I note that it's not specifically listed on the EPG hence another reason it had not previously caught my attention.   It's a relevant programme which maybe should merit its own listing on the EPG though appreciate its primarily a Podcast.  I suppose on the Channel you never know what you might see under the EPG generalisation listings of "Latest News and Weather" or "Current Affairs Round-up".

Yes the EPG for the RTÉ News Channel often doesn’t give you any idea of what is actually going to be broadcast. RTE do a very bad job of promoting their podcasts. I suspect many people aren’t aware of this podcast and the other podcasts they offer.

RE: Irish TV News Discussion 2.0 - bkman1990 - 14-11-2023

2 pro Palestine protestors had just briefly interrupted tonight's edition of Upfront with Katie Hannon on RTÉ One.

The programme was not talking about the Israel-Gaza war tonight.

The programme was having a conversation about Aisling Murphy's murder trial and the impact of domestic violence against women.

The TV cameras went silent for about a minute when the peaceful protest was taking place in the studio.

Nobody was harmed during the protest.

RE: Irish TV News Discussion 2.0 - jlmiller - 23-11-2023

Anyone know if/how the Irish TV channels are covering the stabbings/riots in Dublin tonight?

RE: Irish TV News Discussion 2.0 - JMT1985 - 23-11-2023

(23-11-2023, 10:27 PM)jlmiller Wrote:  Anyone know if/how the Irish TV channels are covering the stabbings/riots in Dublin tonight?
Most likely full coverage of course on their main news programmes at 6.01 and 9pm, but RTE are not the ones for wall to wall coverage of an event such as this. RTE News Channel probably was the place where they had any extended coverage

RE: Irish TV News Discussion 2.0 - Rdd - 24-11-2023

I don’t think there was any. It was covered on Prime Time to an extent, they had the Lord Mayor on, but didn’t devote the programme to it.