Pres Café
BBC News Pres: Nostalgia - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC News Pres: Nostalgia (/showthread.php?tid=24)

RE: BBC News Pres: Nostalgia - itsrobert - 05-07-2023

For me, that video provides a snapshot in time to my favourite era of news presentation on both the BBC and ITV. I absolutely loved the look, feel and sound of news bulletins on both channels between 1995 and 1999. I don’t think there’s been another time when both broadcasters had better branding at the same time. It was the era that started grabbing my attention towards TV pres as a hobby/passion.

RE: BBC News Pres: Nostalgia - Roger Darthwell - 05-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 10:39 PM)itsrobert Wrote:  For me, that video provides a snapshot in time to my favourite era of news presentation on both the BBC and ITV. I absolutely loved the look, feel and sound of news bulletins on both channels between 1995 and 1999. I don’t think there’s been another time when both broadcasters had better branding at the same time. It was the era that started grabbing my attention towards TV pres as a hobby/passion.
Unfortunately I wasn't even born yet, but I do agree that 1995 to 1999 was the absolute zenith of news pres

cityprod - cityprod - 06-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 11:52 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  Unfortunately I wasn't even born yet, but I do agree that 1995 to 1999 was the absolute zenith of news pres

I don’t know if it was the zenith but it certainly was a high point.  BBC News looked great, ITN on ITV was beautifully simple, Channel 4 had a good presentation, CNNI had improved on their 1992 look, BBC World had come on leaps and bounds.  Sky News took until 1998 to really hit the presentation stride and 5 News launched well in 1997.  Overall a very good time for News presentation.

RE: BBC News Pres: Nostalgia - AaronLancs - 25-07-2023

Sorry to bump.

From watching on YouTube I have been down a crazy rabbit hole of the old transition from Newsroom South East to South Today & BBC London.

Can I ask the collective brain trust that is on here. How was the process done and what were the dates involved? Sorry to be a pain in the neck.

RE: BBC News Pres: Nostalgia - Robert Williams - 25-07-2023

(25-07-2023, 08:14 AM)AaronLancs Wrote:  Sorry to bump.

From watching on YouTube I have been down a crazy rabbit hole of the old transition from Newsroom South East to South Today & BBC London.

Can I ask the collective brain trust that is on here. How was the process done and what were the dates involved? Sorry to be a pain in the neck.

The dates were as follows:

16 Oct 2000 - The Oxfordshire area broke away to join South Today, with its own sub-opt
4 Aug 2001 - Newsroom South East moved from Elstree to Marylebone High Street and began broadcasting in full widescreen
3 Sep 2001 - The Kent area broke away (with East Sussex breaking away from South Today) with the launch of South East Today. This left Newsroom South East broadcasting only to what would be the new London region
1 Oct 2001 - BBC London News launched, replacing Newsroom South East

(25-07-2023, 08:38 AM)Robert Williams Wrote:  The dates were as follows:

16 Oct 2000 - The Oxfordshire area broke away to join South Today, with its own sub-opt
4 Aug 2001 - Newsroom South East moved from Elstree to Marylebone High Street and began broadcasting in full widescreen
3 Sep 2001 - The Kent area broke away (with East Sussex breaking away from South Today) with the launch of South East Today. This left Newsroom South East broadcasting only to what would be the new London region
1 Oct 2001 - BBC London News launched, replacing Newsroom South East

First off learned fellow, thank you for your knowledge. Secondly, I didn't realise the following occurred:

1) That what would become the South Today (Oxford Opt) broke away so early in the process. Virtually a year from the end goal.
2) That NSE moved from Elstree to Marylebone High Street. I have always thought that it stayed in Elstree until the very end.
and
3) That come the clips of the end of NSE before the launch of BBC London News. It was in effect "BBC London News" anyway.

As I said. Thank you.

RE: BBC News Pres: Nostalgia - chris - 25-07-2023

Does anyone know when the decision was made to break London away from the corporate branding? And with it lose the original “London Live” name?

(25-07-2023, 02:06 PM)chris Wrote:  Does anyone know when the decision was made to break London away from the corporate branding? And with it lose the original “London Live” name?

I'd love to know. As earlier I was searching on YouTube and came across on a certain 'popular'* channel the unused titles - in blue and orange layered maps glory - that are branded "London Live".

*Used ironically.

RE: BBC News Pres: Nostalgia - JamesWorldNews - 26-07-2023

Simon McCoy and his ream of paper explained:

https://youtu.be/i1oBotnFsGg 

RE: BBC News Pres: Nostalgia - Rolling News - 26-07-2023

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aXmaG3ETtaA&pp=ygUTYmJjIG5ld3MgY29udGludWl0eQ%3D%3D