Pres Café
Sky Platform News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Industry News, Technology and Facilities (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Sky Platform News (/showthread.php?tid=249)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Sky Platform News - IanJRedman - 08-08-2022

Yesterday is now available in HD on Sky:

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/yesterday-channel-goes-hd-on-sky 

ADMIN: thread moved to Industry News and Technology forum (from TV Pres forum) and retitled.

RE: Sky Platform News - IanJRedman - 27-09-2022

Sky has formally announced the launch of Sky Stream, effectively a standalone Glass puck:

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/sky-stream-the-new-easy-way-to-get-sky 

RE: Sky Platform News - Keith - 27-09-2022

I'm guessing this may also be part of the reason why NOW (TV) stopped selling their own streaming devices, and focused on just the app.

RE: Sky Platform News - London Lite - 27-09-2022

Well at least homes who can't have Sky Q and want to use their own tv and an internet connection have two choices.

NOW: Available on the likes of Fire TV, Roku and YouView, in addition to tablets and phones using a PAYG membership strategy with a limited selection of popular entertainment channels, plus Sky Sports and Sky Cinema along with box sets and SvOD films.

Sky Stream: 30 day rolling contract or 18 month contract for a smaller price with a wider selection of streaming linear channels with add-ons for Sports and Cinema, along with box sets. Set-up fee applies. Channel selection is less than Q however. BBC One English regions, Channel 5 spin-offs and AMC owned channels such as Legend are in HD compared to Q. Sky provide a streaming box.

RE: Sky Platform News - Lester - 27-09-2022

I'm quite interested in getting this new streaming box.... I really like Sky's look and feel.

How quickly do the channels change with this? Does anyone have the Sky Glass TV or Puck?

RE: Sky Platform News - Allanbuzzy - 27-09-2022

(27-09-2022, 04:48 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Well at least homes who can't have Sky Q and want to use their own tv and an internet connection have two choices.

NOW: Available on the likes of Fire TV, Roku and YouView, in addition to tablets and phones using a PAYG membership strategy with a limited selection of popular entertainment channels, plus Sky Sports and Sky Cinema along with box sets and SvOD films.

Sky Stream: 30 day rolling contract or 18 month contract for a smaller price with a wider selection of streaming linear channels with add-ons for Sports and Cinema, along with box sets.  Set-up fee applies.  Channel selection is less than Q however.    BBC One English regions, Channel 5 spin-offs and AMC owned channels such as Legend are in HD compared to Q.  Sky provide a streaming box.

Wait, AMC's channels are in HD? I knew about Channel 5's spin-offs being HD, I know 5Action, back when it was still called Paramount, had a HD feed but only Virgin customers could get it. 

Though the name of "Sky Stream" doesn't spike any revolution. BT Stream when?  Tongue

RE: Sky Platform News - London Lite - 27-09-2022

(27-09-2022, 06:20 PM)Allanbuzzy Wrote:  
(27-09-2022, 04:48 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Well at least homes who can't have Sky Q and want to use their own tv and an internet connection have two choices.

Sky Stream: 30 day rolling contract or 18 month contract for a smaller price with a wider selection of streaming linear channels with add-ons for Sports and Cinema, along with box sets.  Set-up fee applies.  Channel selection is less than Q however.    BBC One English regions, Channel 5 spin-offs and AMC owned channels such as Legend are in HD compared to Q.  Sky provide a streaming box.

Wait, AMC's channels are in HD? I knew about Channel 5's spin-offs being HD, I know 5Action, back when it was still called Paramount, had a HD feed but only Virgin customers could get it. 

Though the name of "Sky Stream" doesn't spike any revolution. BT Stream when?  Tongue

Apologies, I just double checked the Sky Glass channel list and it appears the AMC channels are in SD still. I thought the former CBS channels launched in HD at launch of Glass, but clearly not.

Channel 5 spin-off channels in HD seem to be exclusive to Glass/Stream.

RE: Sky Platform News - Lester - 28-09-2022

(27-09-2022, 06:30 PM)London Lite Wrote:  

Apologies, I just double checked the Sky Glass channel list and it appears the AMC channels are in SD still.  I thought the former CBS channels launched in HD at launch of Glass, but clearly not.

I thought every channel on Sky Glass was HD?

RE: Sky Platform News - IanJRedman - 28-09-2022

(28-09-2022, 09:27 PM)Lester Wrote:  
(27-09-2022, 06:30 PM)London Lite Wrote:  

Apologies, I just double checked the Sky Glass channel list and it appears the AMC channels are in SD still.  I thought the former CBS channels launched in HD at launch of Glass, but clearly not.

I thought every channel on Sky Glass was HD?

No - any channels which have an HD version are provided as standard (including some which are exclusive to Glass), but there are still a large number of SD channels on the platform.

RE: Sky Platform News - Kunst - 29-09-2022

Nat Geo and Nat Geo Wild, historical channels in Italy just as in the UK, shut down on the 1st of October; and UK can't be too far behind, since there are signs for it