Pres Café
EastEnders - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: EastEnders (/showthread.php?tid=267)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: EastEnders - IanJRedman - 22-06-2023

(22-06-2023, 12:42 PM)Edogawa Ranpo Wrote:  Thank god I don't bother reading that trash.

Me neither, but it was all over the internet.

RE: EastEnders - London Lite - 22-06-2023

(22-06-2023, 07:41 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Tonight's episode quite obviously not filmed in France... apart from some of the drone footage at the beginning.

Aren't they redressed Holby City sets being used for the hospital as well? Conveniently with the windows either frosted or blinds closed so we don't see the familiar surroundings.

Really feels like it's pushing credibility too now we have Ian and Peter involved too. As well as the amazing co-incidence of George and his daughters just happening to move into Albert Square, where the ex wife he's trying to track down (and has no idea of her real identity) has a lot of history.

I thought I saw two pin sockets in the house on location, but agree that the rest of it felt like it was filmed either at Elstree or in the Hertfordshire countryside.

RE: EastEnders - James2001 - 22-06-2023

Not that it would be particularly hard for them to get a few dummy European sockets to put around the place.

RE: EastEnders - TMD_24 - 22-06-2023

(22-06-2023, 09:23 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I thought I saw two pin sockets in the house on location, but agree that the rest of it felt like it was filmed either at Elstree or in the Hertfordshire countryside.
They mentioned in the Behind The Scenes video that were filming in Radlett.

RE: EastEnders - James2001 - 23-06-2023

At one time they actually went abroad to film these things, at one point in the mid-late 90s it felt like they were going abroad every other week.

RE: EastEnders - cando - 24-06-2023

Are those Irish episodes still banned? 😳

RE: EastEnders - James2001 - 26-06-2023

As I suspected, the opening drone shots were shot in France even though the rest of the episode wasn't:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlhmkwXDoz8 

Interesting the director and assistant director of the rest of the episode went to France to get those shots as well, rather than just send a seperate unit or get a French crew to shoot what is after all only a few seconds of footage. Michael Owen Morris is a name I recognise from the credits of countless shows down the years!

The fact they the drone shots were 25p made them stand out from the rest of the episode as well.

RE: EastEnders - Si-Co - 27-06-2023

(24-06-2023, 01:03 PM)cando Wrote:  Are those Irish episodes still banned? 😳

They weren’t repeated by the Drama Channel - but then again neither were the episodes filmed in Paris in 1999, so make of that what you will. 

Were the Paris episodes standard episodes shown in the usual EastEnders slot, or additional episodes shown elsewhere in the schedule? If they were standard episodes, I’m not sure why they were skipped by Drama.

RE: EastEnders - Alf Stewart - 27-06-2023

(26-06-2023, 11:22 PM)James2001 Wrote:  As I suspected, the opening drone shots were shot in France even though the rest of the episode wasn't:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlhmkwXDoz8 

Interesting the director and assistant director of the rest of the episode went to France to get those shots as well, rather than just send a seperate unit or get a French crew to shoot what is after all only a few seconds of footage. Michael Owen Morris is a name I recognise from the credits of countless shows down the years!

The fact they the drone shots were 25p made them stand out from the rest of the episode as well.

Yes Michael Owen Morris has directed literally everything over the years but has been a prolific soaps director.

Rona McKendrick, the first AD, is also EastEnders' senior production manager so I guess it makes sense for her to be there too to deal with the logistics of everything.  Given she's acting as first AD too you get value for money!

(27-06-2023, 04:01 AM)Si-Co Wrote:  They weren’t repeated by the Drama Channel - but then again neither were the episodes filmed in Paris in 1999, so make of that what you will. 

Were the Paris episodes standard episodes shown in the usual EastEnders slot, or additional episodes shown elsewhere in the schedule? If they were standard episodes, I’m not sure why they were skipped by Drama.

Those Paris episodes were from 1998. They were stand alone episodes with a few characters going to France to watch the tournament. Nothing really happened in them that related to he 'regular' episodes so are probably not classed as regular episodes for repeat purposes.

The Ireland ones on the other hand of course introduced new regular characters but the least said about those the better!

RE: EastEnders - James2001 - 27-06-2023

UK Gold showed the France episodes (as well as the "Return of Nick Cotton" one off) in the 00s, as well as the Irish episodes.