Pres Café
EastEnders - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: EastEnders (/showthread.php?tid=267)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: EastEnders - Brekkie - 07-07-2023

(07-07-2023, 04:32 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  The original sun article is pretty inflammatory with complaints about interracial families,
Sad the country is in that sort of state again - that's the sort of bigotry the show set out to challenge in it's early years.

RE: EastEnders - Jon - 07-07-2023

I’ve not read the article, but if anything in Corrie and EastEnders ethnic minority groups are probably massively underrepresented in terms of their settings.

RE: EastEnders - CATV - 07-07-2023

It's because EastEnders has moved channels. I wonder if taking EastEnders off in the summer would help?

EastEnders is in a good place compared to the last few years. iPlayer makes up a good chunk of the viewing figures. Have to say EastEnders is the only soap I am watching at the moment. Corrie and Emmerdale not good in my view. I also read on twitter that year on year EastEnders has held steady while Corrie and Emmerdale has seen a dropped.

As others have said this is something out of nothing just to take a shot at the BBC from anti-BBC press.

RE: EastEnders - excel99 - 07-07-2023

(07-07-2023, 04:16 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I was a bit surprised they didn't opt to try and accommodate it in the 9pm hour on BBC1
When that happened in the past for various reasons, the 2100 ratings were very poor.

It seems the BBC has a '1930 Mon-Thu whenever possible, regardless of the channel' scheduling policy now. Next week for example it's on BBC2 Monday only, despite the relatively easy option of a double BBC1 episode on Tuesday (and moving the Tue 2000 programme to Wed when England at least has repeats)

RE: EastEnders - JAS84 - 07-07-2023

(07-07-2023, 02:55 PM)James2001 Wrote:  I imagine the early release on the iPlayer gets a lot of viewers these days- especially as it clashes with Emmerdale every night. I know that's how I usually watch it most days.
Good point. Of course that clash will have affected the ratings. We have no way of knowing how many watch on iPlayer though, do we?

RE: EastEnders - Brekkie - 08-07-2023

BARB report the iPlayer ratings within the main BBC1/2 figures. The info is out there, though perhaps only in the 7 day an 28 day figures rather than overnights. Yes, they do bring the ratings up but generally don't account for as much as the broadcasters would have you believe. Generally if the overnights are down the overall figure is down too.

RE: EastEnders - pad - 29-08-2023

New BBC blocks shown on BBC World News in a 2014 flashback scene in EastEnders tonight. Complete with a clock!

Kind of ironic given the show's opening titles still feature the old blocks!

RE: EastEnders - Nobby - 29-08-2023

EastEnders had a flash back episode today, it was partially set before the merger of the BBC News Channel and BBC World News. It featured a BBC World presenter who I didn't recognise.

It also featured everyone's favourite E20 character 'Fatboy' although the audio description just called him "a man".

This kind of thing happens quite often on other, cheaper, channels. Only yesterday I heard Rupert on Family Guy being described as "a stuffed bear" or something similar during an ITV2 broadcast but this shouldn't happen on BBC One's flagship soap. Very poor.

RE: EastEnders - Josh - 29-08-2023

(29-08-2023, 08:14 PM)Nobby Wrote:  It featured a BBC World presenter who I didn't recognise.

Tim Willcox I believe.

RE: EastEnders - Nobby - 29-08-2023

(29-08-2023, 08:19 PM)Josh Wrote:  Tim Willcox I believe.

I did think that it looked like him but then I thought that it didn't sound like him.

This was the story being covered... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Mount_Everest_ice_avalanche#:~:text=Victims,-2014&text=Sixteen%20people%20died%20in%20the,ft)%20of%20snow%20and%20ice .