Pres Café
EastEnders - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: EastEnders (/showthread.php?tid=267)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: EastEnders - bilky asko - 29-08-2023

It does sound like him upon rewatching, but he was speaking a little slower than he usually would. There was an avalanche in 2014, so the report is unlikely to have been dubbed over.

RE: EastEnders - James2001 - 29-08-2023

(29-08-2023, 08:14 PM)Nobby Wrote:  It also featured everyone's favourite E20 character 'Fatboy' although the audio description just called him "a man". This kind of thing happens quite often on other, cheaper, channels. Only yesterday I heard Rupert on Family Guy being described as "a stuffed bear" or something similar during an ITV2 broadcast but this shouldn't happen on BBC One's flagship soap. Very poor.

Didn't help that Fatboy's clearly aged quite noticably despite the fact it's meant to be a 10 year old flashback!

And where they were parked when he appeared is that bit of the set next to the arches that only magically appeared on the move to the new outdoor set and in 2014 was just a concrete wall.

RE: EastEnders - bilky asko - 29-08-2023

I think I'm also right in saying that the TV featured is too new for 2014.

RE: EastEnders - Rolling News - 29-08-2023

Also this flashback was set on a Saturday. I’m fairly certain World never came from Studio B at the weekends in 2014.

RE: EastEnders - Neil Jones - 29-08-2023

(29-08-2023, 08:14 PM)Nobby Wrote:  Only yesterday I heard Rupert on Family Guy being described as "a stuffed bear" or something similar during an ITV2 broadcast

Just to quickly pick up on this, what's the problem here? Rupert on Family Guy is a stuffed bear, what else are you expecting audio description to say about it?

As for the other reference - hmm, okay, whatever.

RE: EastEnders - Nobby - 29-08-2023

(29-08-2023, 10:00 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Just to quickly pick up on this, what's the problem here?  Rupert on Family Guy is a stuffed bear, what else are you expecting audio description to say about it?

As for the other reference  - hmm, okay, whatever.

I would expect the Audio Description to call Rupert, Rupert so that partially sighted people know it's the character Rupert that is being talked about.

"A teddy bear is thrown through the windscreen" is nothing. "Rupert is thrown through the windscreen" would alert blind viewers that it is not just any bear but Stewie's same sex lover, which makes his reaction (giving up driving) more understandable.

They will sometimes say "Brian, a white dog on two legs dances a merry jig" or similar, if there is time. That works, it tells regular viewers that Brian is dancing and it tells new viewers he is a white humanoid dog.

EastEnders could have said "Fatboy, a man in his twenties but who looks about ten years older bangs on the car window" as it will mean more to EastEnders fans with sight loss than "A man bangs on the window".

RE: EastEnders - JasonB - 30-08-2023

(29-08-2023, 08:14 PM)Nobby Wrote:  EastEnders had a flash back episode today, it was partially set before the merger of the BBC News Channel and BBC World News. It featured a BBC World presenter who I didn't recognise.

It also featured everyone's favourite E20 character 'Fatboy' although the audio description just called him "a man".

This kind of thing happens quite often on other, cheaper, channels. Only yesterday I heard Rupert on Family Guy being described as "a stuffed bear" or something similar during an ITV2 broadcast but this shouldn't happen on BBC One's flagship soap. Very poor.

The house used in the flashback was the same one that The Big Breakfast used for it's 2022 reboot located in Potters Bar.

RE: EastEnders - freeview87 - 30-08-2023

Audio description isn't live is it? I wonder if his name wasn't mentioned so it wasn't leaked.

RE: EastEnders - James2001 - 18-09-2023

End credits started scrolling a split second before the cut to the background on tonight's episode (I must have really quick eyes to have spotted this!).

RE: EastEnders - Brekkie - 18-09-2023

How many years till we find out if UKTV crop that off? 🤣