Pres Café
Sky TV presentation - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Sky TV presentation (/showthread.php?tid=289)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Sky TV presentation - Hybrid - 15-05-2023

(15-05-2023, 07:10 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  True. Sky Kids exists because the Disney channels (most relevantly Disney Junior) closed.
I thought it was because Sky sold it’s stake of Nick UK to Paramount.

RE: Sky TV presentation - JAS84 - 15-05-2023

That's why it was allowed (though, didn't Sky have a stake in Fox Kids, the channel which eventually became Disney XD, before Disney bought Saban and the channel with it?), but the reason they wanted to launch a kids channel is due to the loss of the Disney channels.

RE: Sky TV presentation - CCFG - 15-05-2023

(15-05-2023, 06:51 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  And it's likely The Simpsons is on Showcase rather than Max to bring that daily audience to their flagship channel.

I'm not sure how true this is, but I think it's there because it has to be on EPG 106/206/806 on the Sky EPG.

RE: Sky TV presentation - Rex - 16-05-2023

(15-05-2023, 06:51 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  
(15-05-2023, 12:58 PM)Rex Wrote:  In defence of Sky Showcase, consider the people who won't go beyond the first or second page of the guide. Sky has a plethora of content that most people won't look into on the normal TV guides, so bringing it to Showcase at least widens their visibility to those who don't watch the other Sky channels.

And it's likely The Simpsons is on Showcase rather than Max to bring that daily audience to their flagship channel.

Are any shows promoted as being on Showcase though - the trailers are usually for the individual brands.   And of course they exist partly to have more sub brands in the on demand environment but also to replace those that went streaming only.
Sports programming and the Coronation have been the most recent promos I've seen for Showcase. Anything else is for the other Sky channels, Showcase relies solely on its prominence in the EPG on Sky and Virgin

RE: Sky TV presentation - WillPS - 17-05-2023

(15-05-2023, 06:51 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Are any shows promoted as being on Showcase though - the trailers are usually for the individual brands.   And of course they exist partly to have more sub brands in the on demand environment but also to replace those that went streaming only.

Not as trails. Occasionally gets crosspromoted on Sky Sports in their 'end of feature what's coming up on other channels' (menu?).

RE: Sky TV presentation - Stuart - 17-05-2023

(15-05-2023, 06:51 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Are any shows promoted as being on Showcase though - the trailers are usually for the individual brands.   And of course they exist partly to have more sub brands in the on demand environment but also to replace those that went streaming only.
I was watching Pick the other day, and most of the promos (other than for Sky Sports) had an endboard for 'Sky Showcase + another Sky channel'.

RE: Sky TV presentation - Kunst - 12-10-2023

https://www.digital-news.it/news/sky-italia/50962/cronaca-nera-misteri-e-omicidi-sky-crime-dal-novembre-il-nuovo-canale-del-true-crime

Sky Crime Italy confirmed for November 1st, it'll replace Crime+Investigation in Italy while retaining the same ownership

Maybe it's about time C+I UK also merged with Sky Crime, as far as I know the first is not in the best shape now?

RE: Sky TV presentation - frasergj - 12-10-2023

(12-10-2023, 11:28 AM)Kunst Wrote:  Maybe it's about time C+I UK also merged with Sky Crime, as far as I know the first is not in the best shape now?

Or perhaps rebrand it as Sky Crime 2 but use it for popup/themed channels throughout the year like Sky Cinema does quite frequently now.

RE: Sky TV presentation - Stuart - 12-10-2023

(12-10-2023, 11:28 AM)Kunst Wrote:  Maybe it's about time C+I UK also merged with Sky Crime, as far as I know the first is not in the best shape now?
For some reason I never liked the idents for the channel after they changed in 2017 from just CI to that oddly disjointed three line wordmark.

Were they planning to broadcast crime horror to young people using mobile phones?

RE: Sky TV presentation - Kunst - 07-11-2023

Is it normal for Sky Atlantic to have only 1-mins long ad breaks in the middle of the show, at least at peak times?

It appears to be the only Sky entertainment channel to have 2 internal ad breaks per hour instead of three.