Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - bilky asko - 27-09-2022

It just seemed like classic attention-seeking to me - and Twitter certainly provided that attention with his name trending for two days. It smelt like a stunt when his profile and programme listing didn't disappear from the website, when they're usually so keen to do so.

RE: GB News - all new phil - 28-09-2022

Where does Mark Steyn’s show come from? Can’t tell if it’s a real or a fake background - it looks like the Westminster studio Farage tends to come from but on the wide shots it looks like screens rather than windows. I don’t really know who he is, is he even in the UK?

RE: GB News - TVViewer256 - 28-09-2022

(28-09-2022, 08:37 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Where does Mark Steyn’s show come from? Can’t tell if it’s a real or a fake background - it looks like the Westminster studio Farage tends to come from but on the wide shots it looks like screens rather than windows. I don’t really know who he is, is he even in the UK?
It used to come from his home in the States, then it came from the main Westminster LIVE studio that’s used for Farage. It’s in a different one now as the backdrop looks like it’s on a screen but given the desk and style of studio is very similar to the Farage setup I’d say it’s probably still in the Westminster LIVE complex (possibly even the same studio redressed). I don’t know anything for certain though, and there is the possibility that, as you say, it may not even be in the UK.

RE: GB News - Kojak - 02-10-2022

Looks like Darren Grimes' Sunday slot has been given to 'Father' Calvin Robinson and his 'Common Sense Crusade' Rolleyes as of next week (though Grimes continues with his Saturday show).

RE: GB News - Kojak - 06-10-2022

This week’s Popbitch:

Quote: >> Hearing aid <<
The life of Grimes

Followers of the ongoing soap opera that is GB News might be wondering whatever came of that weird little plotline last week when the channel's Saturday Boy, Darren Grimes, appeared to get fired on Twitter one morning, only to then pull a Lazarus late afternoon and announce he'd be back on air as normal at the weekend.

What was going on there? Well, it seems Darren had been called into a misconduct hearing with the COO last Monday, which practically everybody in the company took as a sign that he was being handed his papers.

What they didn't bank on was Grimes having someone to fight his corner – but he had a representative in the hearing. A man no stranger to the attention of HR departments... Dan Wootton!

RE: GB News - Rory N - 09-10-2022

I feel like GB News is having issues again, they are back to the smaller text on the straps, also there isn’t much in the way of consistency either. Some of the News bulletins happen before the show starts some after they have introduced what is happening on the show and it just feels a bit messy. Also it feels live every week someone is absent from their show and that also looks messy. I don’t agree with everything that gets said on GB News but they need to get the basics right.

RE: GB News - all new phil - 09-10-2022

(09-10-2022, 12:30 PM)Rory N Wrote:  I feel like GB News is having issues again, they are back to the smaller text on the straps, also there isn’t much in the way of consistency either. Some of the News bulletins happen before the show starts some after they have introduced what is happening on the show and it just feels a bit messy. Also it feels live every week someone is absent from their show and that also looks messy. I don’t agree with everything that gets said on GB News but they need to get the basics right.

Are you suggesting people never take a holiday?

RE: GB News - Rory N - 09-10-2022

I am not saying that but one week one of the presenters will appear and the next week they won’t and the week after that they are back it just feels all over the place.

RE: GB News - all new phil - 09-10-2022

(09-10-2022, 05:22 PM)Rory N Wrote:  I am not saying that but one week one of the presenters will appear and the next week they won’t and the week after that they are back it just feels all over the place.

That’s kind of how holidays work.

RE: GB News - Jon - 09-10-2022

(09-10-2022, 05:45 PM)all new phil Wrote:  
(09-10-2022, 05:22 PM)Rory N Wrote:  I am not saying that but one week one of the presenters will appear and the next week they won’t and the week after that they are back it just feels all over the place.

That’s kind of how holidays work.
I don’t watch GB News for great lengths of time, but I do tune in here and there to see how things are getting on and it’s something that’s easy enough to have on in the background. And generally people seem to be in their slots most of the time. Certainly no more variation then I’d expect from any other broadcaster. I know he’s been off recently but Farage seems to take a lot less time off than you might expect him to given his profile.