Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - JMT1985 - 08-06-2023

Why is he put on a pedestal then as this national treasure of a broadcaster? Or is that simply PR from GB "News"?

RE: GB News - Keith - 08-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 07:54 PM)Luc Wrote:  That was my first thought. Totally phoning it in and then blames the gallery. To be honest, he was like that for a lot of his time at Sky - he was known to show up right before 6am, totally reliant on the producers, wouldn't prep himself...in total contrast to how Kay Burley is...
Having just watched back the clip part of me wondered if the gallery 'secretly' put them on air to show him up after his recent comments regarding Schofield/ This Morning. Guess the gallery scream was someone suddenly realising they needed to mute the mics until they got the presenters attention.

Surely he must have known roughly what the time was, that he was on set and wearing a mic, meaning he could be on air at any moment. Blaming the gallery doesn't really work if moments prior the (on air) cameras appear to show you putting your earpiece in after realising you're live.

I'd like to think the GB News would have reprimanded Eamonn for his swearing on set, even if he thought he wasn't on air. I'm guessing a telling off from Ofcom will be incoming.

Does anyone know if there was any mention or apology the following day? I noticed it made a couple of the newspaper front pages.

RE: GB News - derek500 - 08-06-2023

Anne Diamond is coming up on Wootton's show shortly to make a personal announcement.

RE: GB News - TMD_24 - 08-06-2023

She's been diagnosed with Breast Cancer but she is returning to Breakfast Saturday. God bless her and great to see her making a recovery.

RE: GB News - Jon - 08-06-2023

I had a feeling it was more due to health reasons, rather than a falling out.

RE: GB News - Jon - 08-06-2023

(07-06-2023, 05:36 PM)steve Wrote:  It’s a bit like Eamonn doesn’t give a f*** about being there - which is probably true… he’s such a seasoned broadcaster he knows every mic is potentially live, he just clearly doesn’t care. Shambolic.
I think it’s the fact he’s a seasoned broadcaster that means he’s more confident about swearing when he thinks he’s not on air. I imagine someone who’s new to it would be much more cautious.

Anyway, if this happened on week one of GB News, it would have been an issue and part of the narrative of it being a sh*t show. Now it’s just a bit of extra publicity that highlights they’ve got Eamon Holmes, to back up all the recently publicity.

RE: GB News - Scrotnig - 09-06-2023

Awful to hear about Anne. Delighted she’s well enough to come back, but how horrific for her.

I hope she’s going to be ok.

RE: GB News - XIII - 09-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 07:54 PM)Luc Wrote:  That was my first thought. Totally phoning it in and then blames the gallery. To be honest, he was like that for a lot of his time at Sky - he was known to show up right before 6am, totally reliant on the producers, wouldn't prep himself...in total contrast to how Kay Burley is...

He used to turn up on This Morning at 10.25am so clearly wasn't just a Sunrise thing.

RE: GB News - Jon - 09-06-2023

(09-06-2023, 02:27 AM)XIII Wrote:  He used to turn up on This Morning at 10.25am so clearly wasn't just a Sunrise thing.
Wasn’t one of the reasons he used to turn up at This Morning at that time due to fact, he’d just done his show on Sky? Unless it was the case more recently after he’s left Sky?

Anyway, it shouldn’t really matter if he’s there in time to do the job and doesn’t need to prep. I believe Terry Wogan also used to turn up just before his Radio 2 show started.

RE: GB News - Steve in Pudsey - 09-06-2023

Wogan was doing a lot fewer live interviews on matters of current affairs though!