Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - freeview87 - 09-06-2023

Well it clearly didn't hamper Eamonn, and that was clear to see when presenting live and dealing with breaking news.

RE: GB News - JMT1985 - 09-06-2023

Terry Wogan used to say that there was really no need for him to be in the studio for a long time before broadcast started - he said if he was there by 7.20am, for his show started at 7.30am, then it was fine, as he would simply be sitting around for an hour if he arrived say at 6.30am. Everything is already prepared by the production staff, the days of the radio presenter doing all of the self op are long gone, even in the years Wogan hosted his breakfast show, especially from 2000 onward.

RE: GB News - Jon - 11-06-2023

Tom Harwood doing a live OB from Scotland following the Nicola Sturgeon News, which I thought was surprising for him to have got there so quick. The London street signs, traffic lights and red busses are also surprising.

RE: GB News - Steve in Pudsey - 11-06-2023

(09-06-2023, 10:11 AM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Terry Wogan used to say that there was really no need for him to be in the studio for a long time before broadcast started - he said if he was there by 7.20am, for his show started at 7.30am, then it was fine, as he would simply be sitting around for an hour if he arrived say at 6.30am. Everything is already prepared by the production staff, the days of the radio presenter doing all of the self op are long gone, even in the years Wogan hosted his breakfast show, especially from 2000 onward.

That's fair. Many was the time Chris Moyles would do the first link from that back of a taxi.

But a different type of broadcasting to something news led.

RE: GB News - TJTSW - 11-06-2023

Tom Harwood has been busy today, this morning he was live in Southampton, then the news broke about SNP he was Live in London, now hes Live in Scotland... though i think hes still in London

Edit they have changed it back to Live in London lol

RE: GB News - JMT1985 - 11-06-2023

Hang on, what are GB News up to? Tom lives in London, so I guess he is using a green screen backdrop to pretend to be elsewhere?

RE: GB News - TJTSW - 11-06-2023

(11-06-2023, 04:18 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Hang on, what are GB News up to? Tom lives in London, so I guess he is using a green screen backdrop to pretend to be elsewhere?

he was definatly in Southampton this morning as he was in some Boathouse cafe, for the panel, i guess from this morning he would of had time to get back to London this afternoon, he was Live in London before the Nana show, but during the Nana show the Live Bug said Scotland for a while before it was chnaged to Live London, but did have me scratching my head for a moment or two  Big Grin

RE: GB News - Jon - 11-06-2023

(11-06-2023, 04:18 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Hang on, what are GB News up to? Tom lives in London, so I guess he is using a green screen backdrop to pretend to be elsewhere?
I don’t think it was a deliberate attempt at deception. The back drop was real and of London.

RE: GB News - London Lite - 11-06-2023

I know it's GB News where everything is under a fine tooth comb, but it appears obvious to be human error with the strap.

RE: GB News - dvboy - 11-06-2023

The name strap was incorrect too, presumably that person was in Scotland and they put the wrong graphics up for Harwood.

Very London-centric to just put "Scotland" as a location bug, rather than the town or city.