Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - XIII - 16-06-2023

(16-06-2023, 04:31 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  I wonder who will get the inevitable Boris Show first, GB News or Talk TV?

Neither I reckon. Probably he'll set up his own YouTube channel called Boris TV where he intervies various people, maybe Boris meets Boris where one disgraced blonde middle man meets another another disgraced blonde middle aged man.

RE: GB News - derek500 - 16-06-2023

(16-06-2023, 02:28 PM)mccanmat Wrote:  Sounds more like she is joining Mark Longhurst on a double headed show

They said today's a one off and she'll be doing the weekend shows.

RE: GB News - Johnnie - 16-06-2023

Pip said in the interview that she will be presenting 12-3pm weekdays with Mark Longhurst.

RE: GB News - Worzel - 16-06-2023

(16-06-2023, 06:31 PM)Johnnie Wrote:  Pip said in the interview that she will be presenting 12-3pm weekdays with Mark Longhurst.
Mark Longhurst presented that slot with Gloria DePiero for a short time.

I did get the feeling the pair didn't quite get on or see eye to eye. You only have to watch their last programme together when they seemed to be fighting at times as to who was reading which part of the autocue and who was interviewing a guest.

Skip along to 56 minutes in and onwards on the video below and you'll see what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/live/GcQwd7SflFk?feature=share 

RE: GB News - Stockland Hillman - 16-06-2023

(15-06-2023, 08:52 AM)gottago Wrote:  I’m pretty sure the press have avoided naming him in case it’s later found out he was the victim of a sexual offence, in which case he has the right to anonymity for life. I highly doubt it’s just to protect his privacy, the tabloid press normally have no interest in protecting that.

So yes in that case GB News have broken that anonymity.

Wrong. As you've been told. 

It's very offensive to try and link the  widely known person (his names all over twitter) as being a victim of a sexual offence - extremely intrusive, presumptuous and damaging to the person involed at this point. Vile. Stop it.

Having read one of the many legal letters to the media from the young guys lawyers, I can tell you that NO such thing has been referred or implied by his legal team. It's very much a straight forward privacy issue. 

Your fact free statement that the press has no interest in privacy is also nonsense.  Read the press complaints body codes and adjudications, and Ofcoms code. In 2023 privacy and proportionality is very much a factor in all decisions by professional media

So no, GB  News has done nothing wrong in those matter.

RE: GB News - Gibsy - 16-06-2023

Other than perhaps lacking professionalism by naming him, although that’s not a word you would associate with them anyway.

RE: GB News - Scrotnig - 16-06-2023

(16-06-2023, 08:31 PM)Gibsy Wrote:  Other than perhaps lacking professionalism by naming him, although that’s not a word you would associate with them anyway.
And that, in turn, is quite offensive to the many hard working good people working at GB News.

It bemuses me that this is a TV presentation forum, populated mostly be people who either work in the industry, or who (like me) just have a big interest in presentation…and yet we repeatedly see people tarnishing the entire workforce of a legitimate TV channel because they happen not to like it. 

So go on…what is it about GB News that justifies a sweeping statement that “professionalism is not a word you’d associate with them”? If I worked there…or anywhere…and someone said that, I’d be pretty cross. Hurt, even.

RE: GB News - Gibsy - 16-06-2023

How dramatic are you. apologies if I offended that was not my intention. You’re correct I don’t like them. Where do I begin…
Slagging off competitors live on air…Sly News!! Airing programmes totally dedicated to attacking people ie PS Yes he did wrong but deserving of the vitriol from DW? EH asking for people to call in if they had kissed PS…professional absolutely not.

RE: GB News - London Lite - 16-06-2023

There's no question that GB "News" is a legitimate broadcaster, but it's far from a news channel.

RE: GB News - Humphrey Hacker - 16-06-2023

(16-06-2023, 09:27 PM)London Lite Wrote:  There's no question that GB "News" is a legitimate broadcaster, but it's far from a news channel.

It is a legitimate broadcaster absolutely but to call it a news channel is wrong on every level. I do watch some of it admittedly not for the news output but for the combination of the hilarious panel discussions and the beautiful monologues from Neil Oliver. I don't agree with "slagging off" other outlets but its got them attention.