Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: Krede - Stockland Hillman - 04-07-2023

(04-07-2023, 03:25 PM)Krede Wrote:  https://order-order.com/2023/07/04/gb-news-poach-talktvs-creative-director-piers-morgan-furious/ 

Ita an interesting move. Erron is obviously talented, but I'd be concerned that his style is very super slick American while GB News has grown successfully with more intimate/ simple presentation.

Obviously GBN needs upgrading with its studio production styles and technology, but I hope Erron adopts the warmer style than repeat what he did with GMB and Talk TV- Talk was particularly hampered in my opinion by the stone cold branding,  strap, music and set design. Very slick but disconnected from the audience.

RE: Krede - Jon - 04-07-2023

(04-07-2023, 03:54 PM)Stockland Hillman Wrote:  Ita an interesting move. Erron is obviously talented, but I'd be concerned that his style is very super slick American while GB News has grown successfully with more intimate/ simple presentation.

Obviously GBN needs upgrading with its studio production styles and technology, but I hope Erron adopts the warmer style than repeat what he did with GMB and Talk TV- Talk was particularly hampered in my opinion by the stone cold branding,  strap, music and set design. Very slick but disconnected from the audience.
I think you’re spot on here. 

I think Erron Gordon is the clearly the best person for the job that needs doing at GB News and I think it’s an exciting appointment. However there was something too glossy and OTT with the look at Talk TV, at least before the move to the News UK building. 

I think his job should be to give this channel a high end broadcast quality look, whilst not being too flashy. I think the fact the approach will have to be maintained throughout the day rather than a few hours in the evening will certainly help with calming things down.

I’m not sure why Piers, feels his colleague should be glued to him for the remainder of their careers.

To add I think splitting the studios into two or three, perhaps with some removable walls to give them the option to have bigger space for something like Free Speech nation is something that’s quite important.

RE: GB News - freeview87 - 04-07-2023

I guess Piers had no issue when Erron left GMB to join him. Its really petty on Piers' part and says a lot about him.

RE: GB News - Robbie1123 - 04-07-2023

How are the new Westminster studios coming on for GB News? Could development of  these new sets be the first big change he is going to tackle as well as on air appearance, then a refresh of Paddington?

I hope so, I actually liked the TalkTV look but I agree it needed a softer daytime design. I'm rather intrigued to see what could be done for GB News, the budget I expect will be tight. I am at least hoping for the schoolboy graphics errors that appear daily to be eliminated.

And with a general election due 2024/Jan 2025, if he is still there, they could come up with something pretty good.

RE: GB News - JMT1985 - 04-07-2023

Well Piers Morgan being petty shouldn't be a surprise to anyone

RE: GB News - radiorebel - 05-07-2023

This is a great signing for GBN, if anyone can transform the visual output of the station I believe Erron can.

All speculation but I expect he was promised free rein at Talk TV, massive studios & massive budget, which then dwindled limiting his creativity. Of course GBN has an even more limited budget, but they seem to be keeping investors happy and their target audience happy, I reckon it will be around for a long time yet. Talk TV however I am not so sure, especially with the rumblings that they are already considering a total rebrand.

RE: GB News - Steve in Pudsey - 05-07-2023

I wonder what contingency plans GB has for a snap general election and a lot of their talent being forced off the air due to Purdah?

RE: GB News - radiorebel - 05-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 01:20 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I wonder what contingency plans GB has for a snap general election and a lot of their talent being forced off the air due to Purdah?

Probably Patrick Christys all day.

RE: GB News - TVenthusiasm - 05-07-2023

New larger breaking strap

[Image: 2023-07-05_14h56_51.png]

RE: GB News - Worzel - 05-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 02:57 PM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  New larger breaking strap

[Image: 2023-07-05_14h56_51.png]
They've tweaked the ticker font/size and the weather widget text, plus the background is now a solid blue without an effect.

Shame they haven't fixed the strange rectangle that doesn't clear properly/is detached from the lower third when the strap changes. A hangover from day one!