Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - KrazyKei - 05-07-2023

It's been a little while since I last commented on here, so this is what I think.

I'm glad that GB News is bringing that more newsy feel with Britain's Newsroom and The Live Desk but I think it can go that extra step by replacing Patrick Christys' programme with another duo such as Liam Halligan and Gloria De Piero like they were not that long ago.

Patrick is better off replacing Jacob Rees-Mogg for an evening programme where he can develop a fanbase and bring his style to evening programming full of talk and debate.

I still think there is plenty of improvements to be made in terms of weekend programming but I will leave that for another time.

As for Erron Gordon joining GB News, this confirms to me that TalkTV is on its deathbed and I can't see it recovering anytime soon. This may be a smart move by Erron as he will bring his own creative style to GB News which could enhance its presentation and make it more attractive to potential new viewers and listeners.

As for the new news studios, Christopher 'Chopper' Hope will become the new political editor of GB News starting in September when Parliament is back up and running. That's when I think the new studios will be ready and that's when I think they will be used for the daytime and political programming. I did read that they will be using Sky News' old news studio but I am not entirely sure where that is within the QEII Conference Centre.

Whether you like or hate GB News, it's here to stay but there is so much more that needs to be done. For now, let's just see what else they would be doing in the future as I am sure there will be even more changes.

RE: GB News - lepeterrr - 05-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 10:34 PM)KrazyKei Wrote:  It's been a little while since I last commented on here, so this is what I think.

I'm glad that GB News is bringing that more newsy feel with Britain's Newsroom and The Live Desk but I think it can go that extra step by replacing Patrick Christys' programme with another duo such as Liam Halligan and Gloria De Piero like they were not that long ago.

Patrick is better off replacing Jacob Rees-Mogg for an evening programme where he can develop a fanbase and bring his style to evening programming full of talk and debate.

I still think there is plenty of improvements to be made in terms of weekend programming but I will leave that for another time.

As for Erron Gordon joining GB News, this confirms to me that TalkTV is on its deathbed and I can't see it recovering anytime soon. This may be a smart move by Erron as he will bring his own creative style to GB News which could enhance its presentation and make it more attractive to potential new viewers and listeners.

As for the new news studios, Christopher 'Chopper' Hope will become the new political editor of GB News starting in September when Parliament is back up and running. That's when I think the new studios will be ready and that's when I think they will be used for the daytime and political programming. I did read that they will be using Sky News' old news studio but I am not entirely sure where that is within the QEII Conference Centre.

Whether you like or hate GB News, it's here to stay but there is so much more that needs to be done. For now, let's just see what else they would be doing in the future as I am sure there will be even more changes.
Totally agree with all of this, unless Ofcom come after them for something or funding becomes an issue, GB News is here to stay.

RE: GB News - KrazyKei - 05-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 10:57 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  Totally agree with all of this, unless Ofcom come after them for something or funding becomes an issue, GB News is here to stay.

Even if Ofcom did go after them, they can carry on with their app, their website and broadcasting on YouTube as Ofcom have no control over those.

I don't think funding will become issue. They are already pursuing alternative sources of revenue without the baseline advertising funding.

RE: GB News - JamieMurph25 - 05-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 11:27 PM)KrazyKei Wrote:  Even if Ofcom did go after them, they can carry on with their app, their website and broadcasting on YouTube as Ofcom have no control over those.

I don't think funding will become issue. They are already pursuing alternative sources of revenue without the baseline advertising funding.
It will be a matter of time if they pursue the "subscribe to watch our channel" route to recoup their losses.

RE: GB News - Larry the Loafer - 05-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 11:36 PM)JamieMurph25 Wrote:  It will be a matter of time if they pursue the "subscribe to watch our channel" route to recoup their losses.

"GB News is now on OnlyFans..."  Wink

RE: GB News - JamieMurph25 - 06-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 11:53 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  "GB News is now on OnlyFans..."  Wink
I'm actually thinking more like 'Fox Nation' in the US.

RE: GB News - cando - 06-07-2023

The problem with the subscription model for GB News is that their audience demographics are downmarket and old. The two audiences least likely to subscribe to news sites.

The most successful subscription news sites in the US and UK all have extremely high ABC1 upmarket subscribers. The New York Times, Washington Post, The Times UK and The Spectator and The Daily Telegraph. Crucially smaller operations like the Spectator have significantly less overheads.

Fox Nation is piggybacking on a very profitable TV operation and whose own revenue is miniscule in Fox News terms.

RE: GB News - derek500 - 06-07-2023

I'm a Telegraph and Spectator subscriber and watch GB News and listen to Talk Radio!!

RE: GB News - cando - 07-07-2023

(06-07-2023, 08:36 PM)derek500 Wrote:  I'm a Telegraph and Spectator subscriber and watch GB News and listen to Talk Radio!!

In reality there isn't enough of you to make GB News sustainable. The culture wars isn't attractive to subscribers or advertisers

RE: GB News - derek500 - 07-07-2023

GB News launched a 'Don't Kill Cash' petition on Monday with an initial target of 100k to get it before Parliament. Already reached 154,000, with over 7,000 since the Breakfast show came on air this morning.

It took Sky News months to reach 100,000 for its TV Debate petition, with endless plugging and on-screen promotion.

Perhaps choosing a subject that people actually care about helps?