Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - derek500 - 07-07-2023

Christopher Hope left the Telegraph today so shouldn't be long until he takes over from Darren McCaffrey.

RE: GB News - fusionlad - 08-07-2023

(07-07-2023, 10:11 AM)Transmission Wrote:  That'll probably be just down to their playout moving within the last week.

I guess that explains the better picture quality all of a sudden?

RE: GB News - VMPhil - 08-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 04:43 PM)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  Things are far - and I mean far - from perfect on GB News as they stand, but when you compare how everything looks here (today)...

[Image: 2023-07-05_14h56_51.png]

... with the presentation originally (mid-2021) ...

[Image: 358481807_1081356769505519_3216463347558...e=64CCE79E]

... it's undeniable that they're making (slow but steady) steps to improve the appearance of the sets and graphics.

Them taking on Erron Gordon (if rumours are to be believed) can only be a step in the right direction. He seems to relish a challenge - let's not forget what a disaster Daybreak had been for ITV before he took over to launch GMB - and GB News is nothing if not a challenge, so he'll likely be in his element.

In the words of D-Reem, thiiiinggsss can only get betteeerrr...
Am I missing something here. The graphics look virtually the same as launch, just a different font size.

RE: GB News - Keith - 08-07-2023

(08-07-2023, 10:04 AM)VMPhil Wrote:  Am I missing something here. The graphics look virtually the same as launch, just a different font size.
I imagine DavidWhitfield is referring in particular to the dark backdrop used by Andrew Neil, compared to the more colourful one. Also, whilst the font size has changed in my opinion it looks much better than before.

One of the biggest problems GB News had at the start was self-inflicted. They went to air before they were ready, in terms of set and kit.

RE: GB News - Scrotnig - 08-07-2023

That dark background is still there, they just put a big screen behind the presenter.

Dan Wootton does his interviews from there. It’s also where they present the news bulletins from.

RE: GB News - James - 08-07-2023

(08-07-2023, 10:04 AM)VMPhil Wrote:  Am I missing something here. The graphics look virtually the same as launch, just a different font size.

They're clearly happy with the overall style of the on screen graphics at the moment (that could change once Erron starts), however, they have made lots of refinements since the launch.

Not long after launch, the clock size was reduced and aligned within it's box. A few months later, the social media box on the left was replaced by the weather information. More recently, they have reduced the size of the text on the top strap, and this week, made further refinements to the lower bar, with the ticket text size being reduced, and subtle shadows being added to some of the elements.

The images below show how the core graphics have changed since the launch. It also shows the transformation of the 'breakfast bar' area (albeit with different seating positions/camera angles are in use).

[Image: Screenshot%202023-07-08%20115725.png]
'McCoy and Phillips' - 14th June 2021 (Day 2 of broadcasting) - Source: TV Live on YouTube

[Image: Screenshot%202023-07-08%20115840.png]
'The Live Desk' - 7th June 2023 (yesterday) - Source: GB News on YouTube

As I've said in the past, I'm not a regular GBN viewer, but they have come a long way since launch - visually, and in terms of content (with recent launches of newsier formats e.g. 'The Live Desk' and 'Britain's Newsroom'). That being said, they still have a long way to go, and the appointment of Erron Gordon can only be a good thing.

RE: GB News - Brekkie - 08-07-2023

Erron will fit right in then - he loves refreshes where everything looks virtually the same afterwards, just slightly different.

RE: GB News - VMPhil - 08-07-2023

(08-07-2023, 12:13 PM)James Wrote:  They're clearly happy with the overall style of the on screen graphics at the moment (that could change once Erron starts), however, they have made lots of refinements since the launch.

Not long after launch, the clock size was reduced and aligned within it's box. A few months later, the social media box on the left was replaced by the weather information. More recently, they have reduced the size of the text on the top strap, and this week, made further refinements to the lower bar, with the ticket text size being reduced, and subtle shadows being added to some of the elements.

The images below show how the core graphics have changed since the launch. It also shows the transformation of the 'breakfast bar' area (albeit with different seating positions/camera angles are in use).
So yes, the same graphics, just with different font sizes. 

I sort of get the point about the backdrop but it was pretty clear within about 30 seconds of launch that that backdrop was horrendous and was going to be the first thing changed.

RE: GB News - Sjcuk7 - 09-07-2023

(08-07-2023, 03:45 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  So yes, the same graphics, just with different font sizes. 

I sort of get the point about the backdrop but it was pretty clear within about 30 seconds of launch that that backdrop was horrendous and was going to be the first thing changed.

It'll have changed recently as they moved to a new playout facility in Australia, so much for the GB part eh?

RE: GB News - Sjcuk7 - 09-07-2023

(07-07-2023, 02:36 PM)PERMOTIO Wrote:  New break sceen when watching on YouTube - previously showed the same 5 presenter promos on repeat.

[Image: Screenshot-2023-07-07-at-14-35-57.png]

Again all part of them now Txing from a company in Australia