Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - Adsales - 14-07-2023

(14-07-2023, 05:56 PM)Gibsy Wrote:  Any idea what Sky News reach is?

9,323m in June

RE: GB News - Jon - 14-07-2023

(14-07-2023, 06:14 PM)derek500 Wrote:  Much higher (9.723m down to 9.323m for those two months) but its viewers aren't watching for nearly as long.  

GB News and Sky News' monthly share figures for June are 0.71% and 0.96%.

A year ago they were 0.38% and 0.95%
Is the fact viewers are watching for longer a good thing though? Could it means they’re less economically active? So you’ve got viewers watching for longer, but if they’re retired and there are less of them is that any good for advertisers?

RE: GB News - cando - 14-07-2023

(14-07-2023, 06:54 PM)Jon Wrote:  Is the fact viewers are watching for longer a good thing though? Could it means they’re less economically active? So you’ve got viewers watching for longer, but if they’re retired and there less of them is that any good for advertisers?

This is exactly it and why they're struggling to attract the ABC1 advertisers. Along with the dodgy contributors who help attract that Old/downmarket audience

RE: GB News - London Lite - 14-07-2023

(14-07-2023, 06:14 PM)derek500 Wrote:  Much higher (9.723m down to 9.323m for those two months) but its viewers aren't watching for nearly as long.  

Unlike GB News, Sky News isn't designed for long periods of watching. It's a dip in channel like LBC News rather than LBC.

RE: GB News - JMT1985 - 14-07-2023

I have to say, I managed to stomach a bit of the Lee Anderson show tonight, and I am surprised GB News have allowed this to air.

I am not talking about the appalling politics in the show, that is a given with GB News, no I am talking about the production itself (wow, I am actually talking about presentation) - it just looks awful.

Why is it filmed outdoors or in a pub? Why not use the studios? It looks like a right wing YouTuber has filmed it for their small YouTube channel

And of course the content ... less said about that the better, the content speaks for itself - tonight his special guest was Duncan Norvelle ... yes I have never heard of him, apparently he was big in the 80s, like herpes. I mean, what kind of guest is that to have on a 7pm Friday night prime time slot?

RE: GB News - Former Member 237 - 14-07-2023

Putting your political options aide, the feeds out of GB News have always looked that way. One hopes they will upgrade if further funding is secured for a higher quality studio and gallery etc. On launch night Andrew Neil was glowing red!

As for the location, I believe the show aims to be set occasionally in such locations. I am not sure what a youtube right winger has to do with it either, surely any YouTuber would be good or bad regardless of content. You could ask the same of the BBC, who insist on filming in corridors or offices after spending one billion on HQ with all it's studios.

Your post is overshadowed with the irrelevant political feelings and is on the edge of a rant.

RE: GB News - Jon - 14-07-2023

(14-07-2023, 08:05 PM)Former Member 237 Wrote:  On launch night Andrew Neil was glowing red.
The lighting wasn’t very good either.

RE: GB News - Larry the Loafer - 14-07-2023

If he's stopped feeding people beans, he's already improving.

RE: GB News - TMD_24 - 14-07-2023

Away from the political arguments, Millie Cooke is joining GB News as their Digital Political Editor from The Express.

https://twitter.com/cooke_millie/status/1679914777554845699?s=20 

RE: GB News - JMT1985 - 14-07-2023

(14-07-2023, 08:05 PM)Former Member 237 Wrote:  Putting your political options aide, the feeds out of GB News have always looked that way. One hopes they will upgrade if further funding is secured for a higher quality studio and gallery etc. On launch night Andrew Neil was glowing red!

As for the location, I believe the show aims to be set occasionally in such locations. I am not sure what a youtube right winger has to do with it either, surely any YouTuber would be good or bad regardless of content. You could ask the same of the BBC, who insist on filming in corridors or offices after spending one billion on HQ with all it's studios.

Your post is overshadowed with the irrelevant political feelings and is on the edge of a rant.

I did try - I really did - I meant since the content is right wing, I then suggested it looks like a right wing YouTuber producing content for their video, rather than a professional TV news channel producing something for their prime time 7pm Friday night slot. 

Lee Anderson is a right wing politician, and if you watch his show, you can see the man's political slant, so that is why I said right wing. 

It is so hard talking about GB News, without mentioning politics - it is a political news channel and it's so hard.