Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - Scrotnig - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 07:22 PM)London Lite Wrote:  It's the differentation I have issues with.  You have the average GB News viewer who watches it as their main choice of gathering news, but the vast majority of each hour is made up of opinion with no fact checking.

There's the token headlines, but as they're headlines, there's no detailed reports on what they're reporting, alas they're getting echo chamber opinions of which some contributors are from the crankier element.

LBC still does this format a lot better, while you'll get Dave from Birmingham calling in to moan about the small boats across the channel, they also have impartial journalists who contribute to the phone-in shows to give listeners a road map to both sides of the story, even if one presenter is conservative skewed and another is more centrist or left wing while any left wing contributors to GBN like Benjamin Butterworth are used as punchbags on Dan's show for example alongside two other right-wing guests.
I do like LBC, but I really hate phone ins.

I am not at all interested in what some random person who’s called in thinks about anything.

This is why some of TalkTV’s radio output starts to annoy me.

GB News has decent, short new bulletins and I like that. If I want longer analysis of the news, Sky does that for me. As does the BBC, though not as well as it used to. 

In short I enjoy the mix.

RE: GB News - JamieMurph25 - 02-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 08:20 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  I do like LBC, but I really hate phone ins.

I am not at all interested in what some random person who’s called in thinks about anything.
[...]
There was a reason Global launched LBC News in 2019, replacing the London service and broadcasting UK wide, it's nothing but news output.

RE: GB News - Scrotnig - 02-08-2023

(02-08-2023, 03:49 PM)JamieMurph25 Wrote:  There was a reason Global launched LBC News in 2019, replacing the London service and broadcasting UK wide, it's nothing but news output.
Yes…not listened for a while now but whenever I did, I found it to be very good.

RE: GB News - Jon - 03-08-2023

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L7BkW8F1tKI 
Here’s the clip you mention. Never seen a journalist not only doorstepping but then entering the property before. Seems to be crossing a line there, although I appreciate they would argue they doing it in reaction to them doing a similar thing. 

The bloke also seems a bit dim and his gotcha question of “why don’t you do this China?” looked rather silly when they explained the organisation had a massive presence there. Although I don’t think they’d be doing much protesting of a similar nature there.

RE: GB News - London Lite - 03-08-2023

I believe the 'journalist' who door stepped Greenpeace is the Programme Editor of Dan Wootton Tonight, Ben Leo.

RE: GB News - mnlbay - 04-08-2023

(03-08-2023, 10:20 PM)Jon Wrote:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L7BkW8F1tKI 
Here’s the clip you mention. Never seen a journalist not only doorstepping but then entering the property before. Seems to be crossing a line there, although I appreciate they would argue they doing it in reaction to them doing a similar thing. 

The bloke also seems a bit dim and his gotcha question of “why don’t you do this China?” looked rather silly when they explained the organisation had a massive presence there. Although I don’t think they’d be doing much protesting of a similar nature there.

The constant reference to 'Xi Ping'... quite a shoddy piece of television

RE: GB News - Stooky Bill - 04-08-2023

I saw this on Twitter earlier. A very odd bit of 'journalism' and a bit of an own goal really. The Greenpeace people came out really well out of it - calm and answering the questions with sensible reasoned informed answers. Whereas he came across a bit of a tw*t.

Although he had no right to be there I think it's quite a nice idea to try the stunt of going into their office. But again they came across well, if that had happened elsewhere there would have been someone trying to chuck him out, it would have turned aggressive.

At Greenpeace they just let him have a cup of tea, looked at him confused, then answer his questions calmly. The only aggression was in his tone of voice. They came across as nice people

(04-08-2023, 09:52 AM)mnlbay Wrote:  The constant reference to 'Xi Ping'... quite a shoddy piece of television

The 'you get paid a hundred grand' to everyone was the really embarrassing bit

Admin edit: Dan Wootton quoted material removed.

RE: GB News - Admin PC - 04-08-2023

[font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]"No commentary on Dan Wootton" means...[/font]

[font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]...no commentary on Dan Wootton.[/font]

[font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Believe it or not, that includes linking to news articles about Mr Wootton and proceeding to discuss.

And as posters don't seem to understand that, this thread is locked for the foreseeable future.[/font]

RE: GB News - Admin PC - 04-08-2023

Due to repeated abuse of forum rules in this thread, all submissions to this thread will be subject to moderator approval until further notice.

RE: GB News - TVViewer256 - 05-08-2023

(03-08-2023, 10:20 PM)Jon Wrote:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L7BkW8F1tKI 

If this had been executed well it had the potential to be a really interesting ‘doorstep’ - but Leo just comes across as confrontational and aggressive which is unnecessary. Would’ve been much more effective if he’d calmly posed constructive questions to them.