Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - JMT1985 - 05-08-2023

Is there any word on when we will see any revamp to their main sets? I was reading that there will be changes made to the sets and this will surely mean GB News will have to move out of their main studio area whilst the revamp is being done.

I am looking forward to seeing where they will go to for the time of the revamp to take place - their Westminster studio yes, but surely they would need more larger second alternative studio for other programmes?

RE: GB News - Aexyjat - 05-08-2023

(05-08-2023, 09:26 AM)TVViewer256 Wrote:  If this had been executed well it had the potential to be a really interesting ‘doorstep’ - but Leo just comes across as confrontational and aggressive which is unnecessary. Would’ve been much more effective if he’d calmly posed constructive questions to them.
A few weeks ago he doorstepped employees at Coutt’s Bank on the Strand asking if they felt it fair that Nigel Farage lost his bank accounts there. To me that was unfair as most staff would not have had any say on that decision and was done aggressively.

RE: GB News - Scrotnig - 05-08-2023

(05-08-2023, 09:26 AM)TVViewer256 Wrote:  If this had been executed well it had the potential to be a really interesting ‘doorstep’ - but Leo just comes across as confrontational and aggressive which is unnecessary. Would’ve been much more effective if he’d calmly posed constructive questions to them.
Agree. The Greenpeace people handled it well and came out looking better, which was clearly not the intention.

I’m all for them trying to journalistically doorstep people but you’ve got to do it well.

Gibsy - Gibsy - 05-08-2023

(05-08-2023, 02:09 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  Agree. The Greenpeace people handled it well and came out looking better, which was clearly not the intention.

I’m all for them trying to journalistically doorstep people but you’ve got to do it well.

Although DW slammed Sky News for doing the same to Boris Johnson

RE: GB News - Keith - 05-08-2023

(05-08-2023, 02:09 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  Agree. The Greenpeace people handled it well and came out looking better, which was clearly not the intention.

Perhaps unsurprisingly it had the feel of a tabloid stunt, but one that was poorly executed. Also the outrage at Greenpeace afterwards in the studio felt somewhat unconvincing, but a convenient excuse for Dan and the guests to vent. (I feel like if this had been on Piers Morgan's show he'd have come as more believable.)

Wouldn't surprise me if they try a few more door-steppings though. Gives Dan & guests a focus point for the days frustrations and fills time. It also allows them to use clips in their separate news bulletins.

RE: GB News - Larry the Loafer - 05-08-2023

They had a similar situation when Darren Grimes tried to antagonise Steve Bray not too long ago, to which Bray ignored what he was asking and kept questioning why Grimes earned a particular nickname that still persists on Twitter. I don't think either party came off particularly well, but I suppose you'd expect a reporter to be more composed when their interviewee starts to fight back.

RE: GB News - London Lite - 05-08-2023

I don't think it helps the journalist in question seems to be a wannabe post-grad shock reporter, yet his line of questioning was poor and thought rolling off diatribes and going into the staff kitchen would be great television.

He should really watch old epsiodes of The Cook Report to see how a real journalist with balls expertly confronted people in the workplace.

RE: GB News - Former Member 237 - 06-08-2023

This is fairly standard practice with certain journalists. There was a case a few years ago where a sky news reporter approached someone who later took their own life. So perhaps they are more careful now. And another sky news presenter infamously jumped on Boris Johnson’s door step on the morning of the brexit vote among other incidents.

RE: GB News - news junkie - 06-08-2023

(06-08-2023, 09:24 AM)Former Member 237 Wrote:  This is fairly standard practice with certain journalists. There was a case a few years ago where a sky news reporter approached someone who later took their own life. So perhaps they are more careful now. And another sky news presenter infamously jumped on Boris Johnson’s door step on the morning of the brexit vote among other incidents.

I think Adam Boulton also holds the title as "the only journalist to doorstep the queen" 
https://news.sky.com/story/the-queen-could-not-possibly-remember-all-the-people-she-met-but-nobody-ever-forgot-meeting-her-12693795 

RE: GB News - leewilliams - 06-08-2023

(06-08-2023, 09:24 AM)Former Member 237 Wrote:  This is fairly standard practice with certain journalists. There was a case a few years ago where a sky news reporter approached someone who later took their own life.
Very different circumstances to Ben Leo’s post-grad hijinx - Martin Brunt approached a troll involved in the Madeleine McCann case and told her quite explicitly she’d be featured in his report before it aired:

https://pressgazette.co.uk/publishers/broadcast/sky-news-reporter-devastated-mccann-troll-death-enormity-whats-happened-will-always-be-me/