Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - TVViewer256 - 07-08-2023

(07-08-2023, 05:40 PM)London Lite Wrote:  All that will come of it I suspect is that GB News will have to have a newsreader on standby in the bulletin set during shows presented by politicians, so you don't end up with JRM breaking news about somebody in his own party.
Bulletins on the hour means this is already the case, there's always a newsreader there. Hence that they can't even use the excuse that JRM was the only person available to break the news.

RE: GB News - KrazyKei - 07-08-2023

I've said it before and I'll say it again, no politician should be presenting anything. I'm not surprised about Esther & Phil and JR-M getting complaints. As for Martin Daubney, I would say that is the fault of the producers but I'm sure it will be classed as a mistake. GB News has more than enough presenters to replace the politicians, why not go with them?

RE: GB News - Steve in Pudsey - 07-08-2023

There's plenty of scope for unintended consequences here - I don't think anybody would want a rule about serving politicians presening news and current affairs to also exclude say Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson fronting a One Show piece about disabled access to trains for example. Or Baroness Floella Benjamin hypothetically making a documentary about Windrush

RE: GB News - Brekkie - 07-08-2023

I wonder if GB News have even tried to bring in a token Labour MP to counter accusations of bias, and if so presumably they've all turned them down.

RE: GB News - KrazyKei - 17-08-2023

Well it's official, GB News has reached 1,000,000 subscribers on YouTube. I predicted this would happen in my pre-New Year post but I know it will take some time for it to get to 2,000,000.

RE: GB News - James - 20-08-2023

Could this be the first sign of the Erron effect showing on GB News? Today's programmes seem to feature studio zooms and pans going into an ad break, along with the bed increasing in volume.

This is very 'GMB'. Obviously the channel still has a long way to go in terms of presentation, but this sort of thing is a good start and adds polish - making it more interesting than just a few static camera shots per show. 

They may have been doing this for a while now, but today was the first time I noticed it.

RE: GB News - Robbie1123 - 20-08-2023

They have for a while being doing stand up intros at the top of some shows with a slight push in, using a side bar graphic. Also some gliding wide shots in the dark interview area have happened as well. This was before we knew Erron was moving over the GB News. 

They do seem to be occasionally playing around with ideas, maybe this one you mentioned is his, but really the channel needs a lot more work that a couple of camera angles, I’m quite looking forward to what is revealed with the new studios and the refurb.
(20-08-2023, 02:58 PM)James Wrote:  Could this be the first sign of the Erron effect showing on GB News? Today's programmes seem to feature studio zooms and pans going into an ad break, along with the bed increasing in volume.

This is very 'GMB'. Obviously the channel still has a long way to go in terms of presentation, but this sort of thing is a good start and adds polish - making it more interesting than just a few static camera shots per show. 

They may have been doing this for a while now, but today was the first time I noticed it.

RE: GB News - James - 20-08-2023

(20-08-2023, 03:50 PM)Robbie1123 Wrote:  the channel needs a lot more work that a couple of camera angles

Certainly does, and the new studio will help significantly with that, but it's good to see them experimenting a bit more with their current space, and adding in little touches and tweaks to improve the presentation. 

They also seem to have removed the programme specific sting after the news bulletins, so rather than having two stings (the news bulletin sting followed by the programme sting), they now simply have the bulletin sting. Tidies things up a bit, and makes the interaction between the bulletin presenter and main presenter(s) less awkward. 

The news output (both the bulletins and newsier content such as Breakfast and The Live Desk) is of a very good standard lately, and it's a shame that they can't tone down some of the evening content slightly as it would help with the channel's reputation as a whole.

RE: GB News - TJTSW - 21-08-2023

I have to agree I tend to enjoy the morning side of GB News and watching it more and more but i find from 6pm onwards i dont feel the shows are that great and im not a fan of Dan Wotton, it will be nice to see the studio changed up abit and i have noticed some different camera moves which again is nice, but again few more tweeks to make it a bit better, but GB News is part is growing on me, and they seem to getting coverage on other channels as im sure this morning on GMB they had a GB News clip about snow white, so they must be getting a bit better if other broadcasters are usuing their footage,

RE: GB News - KrazyKei - 22-08-2023

If I am being honest, I think Erron Gordon was brought in to professionalise GB News. I am starting to notice some differences which is good because it has been way overdue.

That said, it won't be long until we see the new studios at the QEII Conference Centre and then we will find out which programmes will be permanently based there. I do hope that Erron has had a hand in the designing of these studios.