Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - Scrotnig - 05-11-2023

It’s concerning. Many of those of us who generally support the channel do not like this idea of shutting down discussion the channel isn’t keen on. Crick is right, they need more presenters who are not right wing and / or Tory. I accept that it’s harder to get left wing people onto the channel, but it feels like they don’t even try.

If it’s true Mark Longhurst has gone, this is another big mistake.

They risk losing what credibility they had.

RE: GB News - Jon - 05-11-2023

It feels like there should be an Ofcom rule against clearly cutting someone off because the answer they are giving is not in line with what the broadcaster wants. It just alienates those who aren’t in line with the channels agenda but aren’t against watching it and hearing the arguments made.

Giving someone like Michael Crick their own show could be something that suits the channel.

RE: GB News - Nobby - 05-11-2023

Has the Crick/Oliver incident been discussed on GB News at all?

RE: GB News - Jon - 06-11-2023

After a good start for the Dinosaur Hour, for some reason the episode they showed was not the one they promoted as being on this week. Instead of Caitlyn Jenner the guest was Stephen Fry. The format was totally different to last week and it was an hour long discussion between the two men which I’m sure was mildly interesting but they seemed to be spending a long time talking about Cricket and the links felt very disjointed.

RE: GB News - MLehon - 06-11-2023

(02-11-2023, 03:58 PM)telleyhead Wrote:  Longhurst has left, Tomson been dropped down to reporting.
Well it doesn't look like Pip Tomson's "dropped down to reporting" has lasted long.  She's back 12-3pm today in what was (/ is?) her original timeslot along with Stephen Dixon.

RE: GB News - Scrotnig - 06-11-2023

Stephen Dixon has said on Twitter that he has cut his holiday short to be on lunchtime Monday and Tuesday.

RE: GB News - Former Member 237 - 06-11-2023

(04-11-2023, 09:59 PM)leewilliams Wrote:  Michael Crick says he was thrown out of GB News tonight for this interview:

https://x.com/gbnewsspin/status/1720904159019594145?s=46&t=OuG-53CJRHzzDVEPmDXGSg 

Neil Oliver apparently came off the break arguing the discussion should have continued and the gallery forced him to stop.

I'm afriad this just reminded me of the time they let Alex Jones appear on Sunday Politics, not that I would dare comapre the two, they are worlds apart, but Crick was almost foaming at the mouth and raising his voice, clearly he wanted to go viral in a pre-planned event. Nevertheless I do agree he should have been allowed to carry on foaming as that is what the channel is meant to be about. Someone in the gallery panicked.

RE: GB News - derek500 - 06-11-2023

Last night, Mark Dolan said it was the last week he was filling in the Monday to Thursday 9pm slot (he's doing all four nights as Patrick Christys is away).

Have they found a replacement for Wootton or is he coming back?

RE: GB News - derek500 - 06-11-2023

(06-11-2023, 09:29 PM)Former Member 237 Wrote:  I'm afriad this just reminded me of the time they let Alex Jones appear on Sunday Politics, not that I would dare comapre the two, they are worlds apart, but Crick was almost foaming at the mouth and raising his voice, clearly he wanted to go viral in a pre-planned event. Nevertheless I do agree he should have been allowed to carry on foaming as that is what the channel is meant to be about. Someone in the gallery panicked.

Don't know why they keep on inviting Crick, he has the same old rant every time (most recently before this on Dewbs & Co).

And likewise, if he doesn't like the channel, why is he happy taking their appearance fees?

RE: GB News - JMT1985 - 06-11-2023

(06-11-2023, 10:01 PM)derek500 Wrote:  Last night, Mark Dolan said it was the last week he was filling in the Monday to Thursday 9pm slot (he's doing all four nights as Patrick Christys is away).

Have they found a replacement for Wootton or is he coming back?
Since DW remains silent on Twitter/X and has not posted anything on there since September 27th, it looks very unlikely that DW will be returning to GB News anytime soon - if he was, I am sure he would be boasting about it

On my Freesat EPG, the 9pm slot for Monday 13th November 2023 on YouTube simply says GBN Tonight, no mention of DW on it