Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - Former Member 237 - 16-12-2023

Maybe I missed the reference but the set of “the Dinosaur hour” reminds me of the 1960s “The Prisoner” and it’s village. With the random nuns and hats.

RE: GB News - Keith - 18-12-2023

As many predicted at the time GB News has been found in breach by OFCOM over it's "Cash Campaign", ref https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/gb-news-breaks-two-broadcasting-rules-in-cash-campaign-breach/ .

RE: GB News - Jon - 18-12-2023

Farage appears to be coming from the new Westminster set. It looks a quite a bit better in programme mode because the backdrop you see is mostly screens rather than the white bits around them. The host looks slightly awkward at the desk and a bit hunched up.

Also appears Sir Alistair Stewart who owns the studio is joining the show tonight.

RE: GB News - Jon - 18-12-2023

Seeing the Alastair Stewart studio it looks like the desk is to high, or chairs not up high enough.

RE: GB News - Robbie1123 - 18-12-2023

As always with GB News I think they’re going to need to settle into the new space (how long that takes who knows) all the camera angles appear to be off level or at an off angle.

This seems to be the case with the DTL Westminster set up, often the GBN banner is wonky in the background.

The image on the screens is pretty rubbish, is it even a screen or is it a picture? It would look a lot better if it animated, in fact that applies to all the GBN screens in the other studio as well?

The desk seems overly bulky for the space and for some reason, possibly someone who knows set design could comment, Mogg and quite a few guest seemed to be hunching over the desk.

The large screen on the front of the desk seems redundant given that in most shots where it would be visible the lower third permanently covers it up.

Also, apart from the titles, the gallery didn’t appear to have the specific programme branding elements, image backgrounds and split screens.

On first impressions I’d say the new studio is a bit of a down-step for the evening shows to come from, perhpas it would be better used for Breakfast, and the shows up until Dewbs starts at 6pm they’d have all day then to rehearse the evening shows in what is a ‘larger more dynamic’ space at Paddington (can’t believe I just wrote that)

RE: GB News - MLehon - 19-12-2023

On Freeview this afternoon an on-screen red button prompt "GBN in HD" has appeared on my LG connected tv. Links to their app rather than directly into the current programme which then has to be selected.

RE: GB News - Jon - 19-12-2023

Thinking more about the Westminster set it would look better if it didn’t have that massive screen at the front of the desk with the ugly frame or it possibly should be replaced with a screen that curves with the desk. The very white bits being covered by the Christmas tree probably need replacing with some red or blue light panels when the trees gone as the white or mainly white dull panel won’t look good on screen. Fixing the height of the seats/desk is also a must wouldn’t be surprised if it’s one of the first changes they make.

I’d hope they don’t just have the presenters sit in the middle all the time, it would be good to vary it up and have them sit at the end. As the former can look awkward with the presenter.

I think with a few tweaks it will look good though.

RE: GB News - matthieu1221 - 20-12-2023

A bit odd for them to launch just before Xmas no? Is it so they can get everything ironed out by January?

RE: GB News - DavidWhitfield - 22-12-2023

GB News has updated its presenter page on its website.

Interestingly, Peter Andre - who has appeared a handful of times covering for others who are on holiday - makes the cut, while 'suspended' Dan Wootton is nowhere to be seen.

Make of that what you will...!

RE: GB News - mccanmat - 22-12-2023

(22-12-2023, 07:26 PM)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  GB News has updated its presenter page on its website.

Interestingly, Peter Andre - who has appeared a handful of times covering for others who are on holiday - makes the cut, while 'suspended' Dan Wootton is nowhere to be seen.

Make of that what you will...!

Peter Andre has a show on a Saturday morning with Ellie - their show replaced Esther and Phil