Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - Robbie1123 - 10-01-2024

A standard sloppy opening from GB News PMQ's, poor timing and juddery speach, music levels off, they do have a seperate studio now so this could have been practiced in advance. Also I cant get over the wonky framing on everything, notably in the Westminster studio but is apparent across the channel, do the cameras not have a spirit level built in?            

RE: GB News - telleyhead - 10-01-2024

They are remotely controlled PTZ cameras, operated from their main studios. Not ideal broadcast cameras.

RE: GB News - Stockland Hillman - 10-01-2024

(10-01-2024, 03:35 PM)telleyhead Wrote:  They are remotely controlled PTZ cameras, operated from their main studios. Not ideal broadcast cameras.

PTZ cameras are widely used in News and Talk type formats worldwide without issue. You only need to look at French TV to see how much they are used, with perfectly good pictures output - as with everything broadcast setup and skill is needed to make them look great.

I was under impression that Westminster was getting its own gallery to enable work on Paddington to take place independently

RE: GB News - Spencer - 10-01-2024

(10-01-2024, 02:50 PM)Robbie1123 Wrote:  A standard sloppy opening from GB News PMQ's, poor timing and juddery speach, music levels off, they do have a seperate studio now so this could have been practiced in advance. Also I cant get over the wonky framing on everything, notably in the Westminster studio but is apparent across the channel, do the cameras not have a spirit level built in?

Is that not just perspective? If anything the cameras might be too high and too close to the set giving that effect.

RE: GB News - telleyhead - 10-01-2024

They are very limited in what they can do.

From what I understand they are controlled from Paddington, hence there is a slight delay of a second or so when being controlled.

RE: GB News - Robbie1123 - 10-01-2024

(10-01-2024, 06:05 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Is that not just perspective? If anything the cameras might be too high and too close to the set giving that effect.

That could account for some of it, but they’re definitely not level, the camera is wonky in all directions, the screens and walls shouldn’t be leaning left or right , I don’t notice this anywhere else, TalkTV don’t have a lot of space, crammed up against the wall, yet the vertical strips in the background are, well… vertical 😀 someone just needs to take notice and make it right. I just find it sloppy.

RE: GB News - Joe - 11-01-2024

Only if you're shooting perfectly square onto a TV will the sides be perfectly parallel to the sides of the frame. If you're looking down or up at it, you're going to experience converging verticals.

RE: GB News - mouseboy33 - 11-01-2024

Its like that for a specific reason. They are using a screen as a background. The screen has to be tilted at a angle to account for the glare or reflections that would be seen on camera. Hence the slight angle. Another thing though is the lighting....whew.

RE: GB News - Scrotnig - 11-01-2024

They’ve certainly listened to criticism that Paddington was too dark….

I like that it’s bright but I think it needs tweaking little.

As a layman I think the new set looks fine. It’s not doing anything new or novel but I don’t think that was the aim.

RE: GB News - Jon - 11-01-2024

(11-01-2024, 04:27 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  They’ve certainly listened to criticism that Paddington was too dark….

I like that it’s bright but I think it needs tweaking little.

As a layman I think the new set looks fine. It’s not doing anything new or novel but I don’t think that was the aim.
Yeah I think the point is, the mentioned issues aside, which can be ironed out. It looks like a proper TV set compared to Paddington. But not the OTT and Americanised look they have (and had even more so when they were in Ealing) at Talk TV.