Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - matthieu1221 - 07-02-2024

(07-02-2024, 04:24 PM)Fish92 Wrote:  I agree, it really is an ugly studio. Not sure how they could improve it though, it's such a tiny space. I get the impression the desk, despite looking ridiculously oversized sometimes, is actually tiny. It only looks huge because the studio space itself is doll sized. During PMQs where they have 4 or more people it looks extremely cramped. I get the impression from photos of the studio that if the cameras were physically any closer to the presenters the lenses would be touching their nose too. How do you refit such a space to not look rubbish?

I understand the location of the studio limits how much space they can realistically acquire, especially on GBN's austere budget. Seems like it would have made more sense to make it a remote interview space for people doing press circuits. Paddington is a little too far for anyone ducking into BBC, Sky, LBC etc. throughout a morning.

Given they've only tweeted 15 times and, as far as I can tell, they haven't promoted the account at all, that's not too surprising.Their main twitter account grew incredibly fast, surpassing the follower count of long established incumbents like LBC within months. There's not really any reason to believe the GBNAmerica account cannot grow quickly if they cared to promote and post on it with any kind of frequency.

It would help if they didn't make it a clinical, plasticky looking bright white. They went from one extreme to another.

RE: GB News - Jon - 09-02-2024

(07-02-2024, 10:25 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  It would help if they didn't make it a clinical, plasticky looking bright white. They went from one extreme to another.
It’s not that clinical really though it’s only really the desk that’s white and that’s obscured by an ugly screen. The backdrop is mostly screens.

I don’t think it’s that much different to what LBC do and what the BBC would do with such a space.

Isn’t there meant to be 3 studios at Alistair Stewart Westminster location. A the line studio, the Farage one and they mentioned a more generic one they can hire out to third parties IIRC. Perhaps they should have had one larger and one small one.

RE: GB News - eyeTV - 12-02-2024

So Rishi Sunak gets his own public forum on GB News tonight at 8pm. Isn't there a requirement to provide at least some balance with opposite parties getting similar treatment? I guess they may not want to participate.

Also wasn't Boris Johnson supposed to have started contributing to GB News by now?

Looking ahead will be interesting to see if GB News get involved with things like leadership debates during the election campaign.

RE: GB News - Fish92 - 12-02-2024

(12-02-2024, 07:12 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  So Rishi Sunak gets his own public forum on GB News tonight at 8pm. Isn't there a requirement to provide at least some balance with opposite parties getting similar treatment? I guess they may not want to participate.

We will have to see exactly what the content is, but on the surface the precedent has long been set by other broadcasters that it's conceptually fine.

PM, Senior/Shadow Minister and Party Leader call-ins have been flagship of LBC's output with zero controversy for several years. And given who GBNews' star presenter is it's arguably further from home turf then if Ferrari or Dale were hosting "Ring Rishi".

RE: GB News - TheGregmeister - 12-02-2024

(12-02-2024, 07:12 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  So Rishi Sunak gets his own public forum on GB News tonight at 8pm. Isn't there a requirement to provide at least
some balance with opposite parties getting similar treatment? I guess they may not want to participate.
I believe they want Kier Starmer to take in a future GBN People's Forum event in the run up the General Election, whenever that might be.

I'm guessing this People Forum might be very similar to the "Town Hall" event that take place on the news channels across the Pond.

RE: GB News - radiorebel - 12-02-2024

Looks like GB News have done this properly. The audience for the PM Forum is made up of undecided voters and chosen by an independant 3rd party company. GBN are also unaware of what questions are going to be asked.

Good stuff, I just personally wish they would take as much care with the rest of their content, but credit where it is due.

RE: GB News - Robbie1123 - 12-02-2024

(12-02-2024, 07:12 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  So Rishi Sunak gets his own public forum on GB News tonight at 8pm. Isn't there a requirement to provide at least some balance with opposite parties getting similar treatment?

Before OFCOM gets another pointless call, I think I'll comment on the presentaion of this.

It's pretty smooth for GBN. The sound worked from the opening which is rare, the moving screens and set build at least have the appearence that some tought has gone into it.

Camera angles are a bit tricky, mostly the PM's back.

They can look more premium when they make an effort, I wonder how much is budget vs having an eye to work well with your resources.

I think if they are invloved in any debates this demonstrates (alonfg with the leadership debates) that they could do. agood job during the Election.

It will be interesting to see if Kier agrees to do one of these, I'd guess GBN would do it.

RE: GB News - Jon - 12-02-2024

Very nice set and graphics for the People’s Forum. You can tell Gordon is starting to be put his stamp on things.

The format made it feel more like a party political broadcast, with no real way for the host or the audience to interject and counter the PM claim.

I got the impression the audience was largely Conservative leaning, which probably helped. Although I guess that’s just representative of the people who applied, they also claimed questions were chosen by a polling organisation.

They did say they’ve asked Starmer to do one but if that audience is made up a cross section of GB News audience he may not have such an easy ride.

RE: GB News - mouseboy33 - 13-02-2024

Unfortunately I think they need to hire company that actually specializes in set design. Ive seen small sets that utilize its space much better. Certainly, its better than the black boxes they launched with, but its frankly not good to be honest.

RE: GB News - Scrotnig - 13-02-2024

They stated live on the show that they have invited Keir Starmer to do the same thing. They can’t force him to appear, but I hope he does.

This was extremely well put together I thought, and much better than I expected it to be. Need more of this sort of thing as the election nears.