Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - London Lite - 21-02-2024

(21-02-2024, 01:30 AM)lookoutwales Wrote:  In other news, GBN is taking its radio sales in-house after breaking off a contract with Bauer.

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2024/02/gb-news-ends-sales-contract-with-bauer-media/ 

Cue plenty of radio adverts for South Wales small businesses.

RE: GB News - Jon - 21-02-2024

(21-02-2024, 01:41 AM)London Lite Wrote:  Cue plenty of radio adverts for South Wales small businesses.
Of course there TV ad sales to South Wales companies are done through Sky as are Talk TV’s ad sales to South Wales companies.

RE: GB News - Fish92 - 21-02-2024

(21-02-2024, 01:41 AM)London Lite Wrote:  Cue plenty of radio adverts for South Wales small businesses.

Sky Media are responsible for that. Whoever is the Account Manager responsible for that region should probably get a raise as they are seemingly the only person in the industry able to sell ad-time on GBNews.

Has there ever been a confirmation TalkTV hire Sky Media to do the same? It tends to have a slightly more diverse range of advertisements, and NewsUK must have a big internal ad-marketing department for the rest of their media empire? Supermarkets got cold-feet from GBNews a long, long time ago when a small coordinated campaign proudly boasted about haranguing their customer service teams for the sin until they dropped advertising on a channel they don't watch. TalkTV on the other hand seem to have plenty of Tesco and Aldi ads. Presumably a cross-buy with the papers and they decided years ago to not care about the loud few who make a job of proudly yelling at their call centre for "funding Murdoch".

Last time I heard GBNews Radio the ad space seemed to be almost entirely break-filler with the occasional National Lottery advert so Bauer could barely sell the space at all even with RAJAR's trademark hilariously inflated "reach" claims. At that point why not just sell to The National Lottery direct, I guess.

RE: GB News - TheGregmeister - 24-02-2024

Seems to be an issue with the GBN app on YouView. The app itself seems to work OK until trying to load the live feed. It just shows the Buffering wheel.

Anyone else with a YouView box (or similar) seeing this problem? Even if you wouldn't usualy watch GBN due to the channel's ... content.

RE: GB News - Keith - 24-02-2024

Without going into the politics I wonder if Lee Anderson will be 'taking a break' from his GB News show. His comments last night, which I assume were on his 7pm show have made headlines for the wrong reason.

Maybe GB News will realise that giving current serving MPs their own show can be problematic, especially in an election year. At least the likes of Michael Portillo are not serving politicians, so in theory have a bit of distance from 'the political agenda of the day'.

RE: GB News - radiorebel - 24-02-2024

(24-02-2024, 04:06 PM)Keith Wrote:  Without going into the politics I wonder if Lee Anderson will be 'taking a break' from his GB News show. His comments last night, which I assume were on his 7pm show have made headlines for the wrong reason.

Maybe GB News will realise that giving current serving MPs their own show can be problematic, especially in an election year. At least the likes of Michael Portillo are not serving politicians, so in theory have a bit of distance from 'the political agenda of the day'.

I am also very interested in what happens during the election when a lot of their schedule will have to be scrapped?

Perhaps a temporary rebrand to Patrick Christy’s News? With shows including “ Patrick’s Breakfast, Patrick’s Newsroom & Patrick Christy’s Today”.

RE: GB News - Stooky Bill - 24-02-2024

(24-02-2024, 04:06 PM)Keith Wrote:  Without going into the politics I wonder if Lee Anderson will be 'taking a break' from his GB News show. His comments last night, which I assume were on his 7pm show have made headlines for the wrong reason.

Having seen the clip and how he was on Zoom or something from his house I assumed he was a guest on another programme.

Giving serving politicians their own show will cause them a lot of issues once the election is called, no one standing for election can present a programme. Hopefully GB News already has plans for who will replace those presenters in that situation.

Other older broadcasters are well used to this - LBC and TalkSport both have had to do this in the past with a lot less notice, the last couple of elections being snap elections, not at the end of a term like this year's

RE: GB News - telleyhead - 24-02-2024

(21-02-2024, 12:45 PM)Fish92 Wrote:  Sky Media are responsible for that. Whoever is the Account Manager responsible for that region should probably get a raise as they are seemingly the only person in the industry able to sell ad-time on GBNews.

Has there ever been a confirmation TalkTV hire Sky Media to do the same? It tends to have a slightly more diverse range of advertisements, and NewsUK must have a big internal ad-marketing department for the rest of their media empire? Supermarkets got cold-feet from GBNews a long, long time ago when a small coordinated campaign proudly boasted about haranguing their customer service teams for the sin until they dropped advertising on a channel they don't watch. TalkTV on the other hand seem to have plenty of Tesco and Aldi ads. Presumably a cross-buy with the papers and they decided years ago to not care about the loud few who make a job of proudly yelling at their call centre for "funding Murdoch".

Last time I heard GBNews Radio the ad space seemed to be almost entirely break-filler with the occasional National Lottery advert so Bauer could barely sell the space at all even with RAJAR's trademark hilariously inflated "reach" claims. At that point why not just sell to The National Lottery direct, I guess.

Talk does use Sky for ad sales, but no boycotts of Talk exist, so have a much larger pool of advertisers.

RE: GB News - Scrotnig - 24-02-2024

Portillo has become well known as a presenter of documentaries and has arguably forged a new path for himself. His GB News show is very good and very well balanced. He’s, dare I say it, a very good presenter.

RE: GB News - Jon - 24-02-2024

(24-02-2024, 04:27 PM)radiorebel Wrote:  I am also very interested in what happens during the election when a lot of their schedule will have to be scrapped?

Perhaps a temporary rebrand to Patrick Christy’s News? With shows including “ Patrick’s Breakfast, Patrick’s Newsroom & Patrick Christy’s Today”.
Although I don’t think something that could be shortened to ‘PC News’ would be very on brand.