Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - all new phil - 15-12-2022

You know I’d forgotten McCoy was ever on the channel.

RE: GB News - London Lite - 15-12-2022

Presumably McCoy has burned his bridges at the mainstream news outlets?

RE: GB News - lepeterrr - 15-12-2022

(15-12-2022, 11:03 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Presumably McCoy has burned his bridges at the mainstream news outlets?
He regularly appears on This Morning to discuss the days news.
I think he would be a good suit for TalkTV, could easily form part of any updated lineup in the future.

RE: GB News - Jon - 15-12-2022

I think Simon McCoy in the GB News Live slot would work well and would be a lot more respectable than what he had to work with last time. Unless Mark Longhurst leaves I could see him only being used used for cover work though, can’t see where else he’d slot in. They seem to keep adding new presenters despite reducing most of the slots.

Although they haven’t really got a decent cover presenter for Eamonn Holmes, who I’ve not see on there for a while.

Of course he might do updates but would seem like a big step down.

RE: GB News - KrazyKei - 15-12-2022

If it's true that Simon McCoy is coming back, I wonder if it is to do a weekend show to replace Real Nation.

RE: GB News - Rory N - 16-12-2022

So GB News has now given up. At the start of Mark Dolans show on a Friday they do clips of the week segment where they go over clips from GB News that are basically taking the mick out of themselves. Mark even made a comment about Dan Wootton using the No Spin, No Bias comment.

RE: GB News - all new phil - 16-12-2022

(16-12-2022, 09:39 PM)Rory N Wrote:  So GB News has now given up. At the start of Mark Dolans show on a Friday they do clips of the week segment where they go over clips from GB News that are basically taking the mick out of themselves. Mark even made a comment about Dan Wootton using the No Spin, No Bias comment.

I don’t understand the link between your first sentence and the rest of your post.

RE: GB News - Rory N - 16-12-2022

(16-12-2022, 10:43 PM)all new phil Wrote:  
(16-12-2022, 09:39 PM)Rory N Wrote:  So GB News has now given up. At the start of Mark Dolans show on a Friday they do clips of the week segment where they go over clips from GB News that are basically taking the mick out of themselves. Mark even made a comment about Dan Wootton using the No Spin, No Bias comment.

I don’t understand the link between your first sentence and the rest of your post.
They have given up on trying to hide the fact that they are bias.

RE: GB News - KrazyKei - 17-12-2022

GB News never hid the fact that it was centre-right in its approach since the very beginning. At the same time, they are bound by OFCOM to show impartiality whether in debates or in interviews. Gloria De Piero being a classic example of someone who is on the left.

RE: GB News - Rory N - 17-12-2022

(17-12-2022, 01:06 AM)KrazyKei Wrote:  GB News never hid the fact that it was centre-right in its approach since the very beginning. At the same time, they are bound by OFCOM to show impartiality whether in debates or in interviews. Gloria De Piero being a classic example of someone who is on the left.
But why does Dan Wootton brand his show as “no bias”.