Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - EJnutz - 22-12-2022

(22-12-2022, 11:52 AM)derek500 Wrote:  Reporter Alice Porter off to Sky News and reporter/presenter/newsreader Rosie Wright leaving tomorrow.

That is sad news about Rosie, I hope she pops up somewhere else soon. One of the best presenters on GBNews.

RE: GB News - all new phil - 22-12-2022

(22-12-2022, 12:03 PM)EJnutz Wrote:  
(22-12-2022, 11:52 AM)derek500 Wrote:  Reporter Alice Porter off to Sky News and reporter/presenter/newsreader Rosie Wright leaving tomorrow.

That is sad news about Rosie, I hope she pops up somewhere else soon. One of the best presenters on GBNews.

Almost certainly onto bigger and better things I hope.

RE: GB News - Kojak - 22-12-2022

(22-12-2022, 12:05 PM)all new phil Wrote:  
(22-12-2022, 12:03 PM)EJnutz Wrote:  That is sad news about Rosie, I hope she pops up somewhere else soon. One of the best presenters on GBNews.

Almost certainly onto bigger and better things I hope.
Yes, I expect so. I could very easily see her on ITV or Sky in the near future. Good luck to her, anyway.

RE: GB News - derek500 - 24-12-2022

https://pressgazette.co.uk/publishers/gb-news-sky-news-prime-time-ratings/ 

Interesting article, including ratings graphs. Just a snippet below.

GB News has for the first time averaged more prime time viewers over a month than Sky News.

In the period from 22 November to 21 December, the opinion-led broadcaster managed an average 57,107 viewers in the evenings, versus 52,230 for Sky.

The channel also averaged more prime time viewers than Sky in 17 out of the 30 days in that period.

RE: GB News - KrazyKei - 25-12-2022

(24-12-2022, 11:30 PM)derek500 Wrote:  https://pressgazette.co.uk/publishers/gb-news-sky-news-prime-time-ratings/ 

Interesting article, including ratings graphs.  Just a snippet below.

GB News has for the first time averaged more prime time viewers over a month than Sky News.

In the period from 22 November to 21 December, the opinion-led broadcaster managed an average 57,107 viewers in the evenings, versus 52,230 for Sky.

The channel also averaged more prime time viewers than Sky in 17 out of the 30 days in that period.

I'd be curious to see how many listeners they have gained in the next quarter for their radio station. This is where I think they could be making their money along with the social media. I know it's impossible they will catch either the BBC or LBC in that time but I would think they could reach at least 500,000 listeners and build on it during 2023.

As for the TV, I think they may double their evening viewings this time next year but I think that is as far as it gets for them. However, I wouldn't see any harm in doing partnerships with either That's TV or Local TV to broadcast one or two of their shows on either platform.

RE: GB News - Kojak - 26-12-2022

(25-12-2022, 08:03 PM)KrazyKei Wrote:  I'd be curious to see how many listeners they have gained in the next quarter for their radio station. This is where I think they could be making their money along with the social media. I know it's impossible they will catch either the BBC or LBC in that time but I would think they could reach at least 500,000 listeners and build on it during 2023.

Probably none - the channel is (in my opinion) a load of old cobblers. Basically the Daily Express on TV (and as for their website - that is SO blatantly trying to copy the Express' website. They both suck so I say why bother). I think it's already hit critical mass in terms of viewing/listening figures. It has its staunch defenders and its staunch detractors (both of whom we see regularly on here), and everyone else seems pretty much indifferent (or unaware). When they stop the anti-vax nonsense, I might personally be interested - until then, I'll just keep ignoring GB News.

(25-12-2022, 08:03 PM)KrazyKei Wrote:  As for the TV, I think they may double their evening viewings this time next year but I think that is as far as it gets for them. However, I wouldn't see any harm in doing partnerships with either That's TV or Local TV to broadcast one or two of their shows on either platform.

TalkTV have already got that sewn up - Murdoch has much deeper pockets than GBN will ever have.

RE: GB News - Torpido - 26-12-2022

Interesting paring for breakfast Ellie Costello and Emily carver - Emily carvers normally reviews the papers as she works for conservative home magazine first time I ve seen her present and she's very good

RE: GB News - KrazyKei - 26-12-2022

(26-12-2022, 05:30 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(25-12-2022, 08:03 PM)KrazyKei Wrote:  As for the TV, I think they may double their evening viewings this time next year but I think that is as far as it gets for them. However, I wouldn't see any harm in doing partnerships with either That's TV or Local TV to broadcast one or two of their shows on either platform.
TalkTV have already got that sewn up - Murdoch has much deeper pockets than GBN will ever have.

Both Paul Marshall and Legatum are billionaires. Albeit not as rich as Murdoch who I have noticed has gone into partnership with Local TV. I hope that That's TV will do a partnership with GB News.

Admin edit: to fix quote issue.

RE: GB News - Stockland Hillman - 26-12-2022

(26-12-2022, 07:33 PM)KrazyKei Wrote:  
(26-12-2022, 05:30 PM)KojakKrazyKei Wrote:  [quote pid="10534" dateline="1671994988"]
As for the TV, I think they may double their evening viewings this time next year but I think that is as far as it gets for them. However, I wouldn't see any harm in doing partnerships with either That's TV or Local TV to broadcast one or two of their shows on either platform.

Both Paul Marshall and Legatum are billionaires. Albeit not as rich as Murdoch who I have noticed has gone into partnership with Local TV. I hope that That's TV will do a partnership with GB News.
[/quote]

The (former Made In) Local TV network isn't on Sky anymore I understand?  If that's correct the value of airtime is greatly reduced, Going from high ish EPG on a major platform across a TV region/s to a just a higher EPG on a collection of small DTT transmitters.

So in Southern Britain,  its just Bristol rather than ITV West area. A tiny bit around Birmingham,  Liverpool but not Manchester etc.   No deal appears to be done for London Live; and That's TV has its own network to relay on the Locals,  so less incentive to sell the airtime.

It's doesn't exactly require deep pockets , it's not an impressive deal - but should have some benefits.

Worse for Talk TV, the Ofcom local content required for Local TV willl mean Jeremy Kyle or another high profile TV made show will have to be dropped on simulcast, but they will be paying extra for the lower quality Radio-on-tv stuff to air.

Odd thing about the deal is Local TV is linked to David Montgomery's National World the newspaper group,  so its surprising they are selling to News UK given what's reportedly the history between him and the group

For GB News,it might make more sense to put the well performing but not contentious  things like Breakfast in aquired airtime on other more major multichannels - given most run teleshoping at that time of day

RE: GB News - derek500 - 26-12-2022

(08-12-2022, 03:53 PM)AllanTheScot Wrote:  I don't have the pics but can we just mention that Royal Reaction Room which is just a black room with lights and a big red chair...

(26-12-2022, 05:42 PM)Torpido Wrote:  Interesting paring for breakfast Ellie Costello and Emily carver - Emily carvers normally reviews the papers as she works for conservative home magazine first time I ve seen her present and she's very good

Emily Carver has done a fair bit of standing in on weekend shows and Dewbs & Co.