Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - London Lite - 04-01-2023

(04-01-2023, 01:13 AM)KrazyKei Wrote:  
(03-01-2023, 10:19 PM)cityprod Wrote:  They won't be making much money from TikTok.  TikTok pay notoriously low rates to their content creators.  They'll be getting a fair bit more from YouTube for sure.  There's probably more money coming in from the radio advertising than all their social media combined.

I do wonder whether getting more listeners on their radio station would lead to more money coming in rather than just focus on getting a million viewers for their TV channel?

In the UK at least, conservative talk performs better on radio.

RE: GB News - all new phil - 05-01-2023

Rosie Wright has been snapped up by Times Radio - she’s doing the early breakfast show.

RE: GB News - KrazyKei - 05-01-2023

(05-01-2023, 11:01 AM)all new phil Wrote:  Rosie Wright has been snapped up by Times Radio - she’s doing the early breakfast show.

I suspect she'll be staying there for the foreseeable future before moving on to either doing TalkTV (if it still exists) or going on to doing one of the other news channels.

RE: GB News - derek500 - 07-01-2023

Ex BBC/ITV newsreader/caster Nicholas Owen doing Breakfast this morning. He's previously appeared as an ex Royal Correspondent.

With Rippon at 78 and him at 75, there's no ageism at GB News with their guest presenters!

RE: GB News - Scrotnig - 07-01-2023

(07-01-2023, 09:34 AM)derek500 Wrote:  Ex BBC/ITV newsreader/caster Nicholas Owen doing Breakfast this morning.  He's previously appeared as an ex Royal Correspondent.

With Rippon at 78 and him at 75, there's no ageism at GB News with their guest presenters!

Really good to see Nicholas Owen this morning, and he worked well with the excellent Ellie Costello. I hope we see more of him.

Experienced presenters like him do make a big difference, they are just completely on top of what they’re doing and make it look easy.

RE: GB News - KrazyKei - 07-01-2023

As long as they are fit and healthy, I see no reason for an age limit for present. In fact I think the younger journalists would benefit from gaining such knowledge from the likes of Angela Rippon and Nicholas Owen etc.

MFTJA - MFTJA - 07-01-2023

(07-01-2023, 09:00 PM)KrazyKei Wrote:  As long as they are fit and healthy, I see no reason for an age limit for present. In fact I think the younger journalists would benefit from gaining such knowledge from the likes of Angela Rippon and Nicholas Owen etc.
Good point, though there definitely needs to be a balance. Young people won’t want to watch a programme presented exclusively by pensioners and vice versa. Pairings like Owen and Costello work well in my opinion - the generational differences mean more topics can be discussed more easily.

RE: MFTJA - JMT1985 - 08-01-2023

(07-01-2023, 11:35 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  
(07-01-2023, 09:00 PM)KrazyKei Wrote:  As long as they are fit and healthy, I see no reason for an age limit for present. In fact I think the younger journalists would benefit from gaining such knowledge from the likes of Angela Rippon and Nicholas Owen etc.
Good point, though there definitely needs to be a balance. Young people won’t want to watch a programme presented exclusively by pensioners and vice versa. Pairings like Owen and Costello work well in my opinion - the generational differences mean more topics can be discussed more easily.

That is why they have people like Tom Harwood employed there. Tom is fairly young, he is only 26. Probably one of the youngest news presenters in the UK right?  Or is there someone younger than Tom at other TV news outlets?

RE: GB News - Scrotnig - 08-01-2023

I quite liked Camilla Tominey’s new show. Clearly an attempt to join the cycle of Sunday political shows on the other channels. Needs a few weeks to settle into its groove, and Camilla admitted to nerves at the start which is understandable.

Presented from that Westminster studio Farage now uses.

I hope they persevere with this and don’t drop it after a few weeks as often seems to happen.

RE: GB News - Worzel - 08-01-2023

(08-01-2023, 12:07 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  I quite liked Camilla Tominey’s new show. Clearly an attempt to join the cycle of Sunday political shows on the other channels. Needs a few weeks to settle into its groove, and Camilla admitted to nerves at the start which is understandable.

Presented from that Westminster studio Farage now uses.

I hope they persevere with this and don’t drop it after a few weeks as often seems to happen.

What did it replace?