Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - Scrotnig - 08-01-2023

(08-01-2023, 12:44 PM)Worzel Wrote:  
(08-01-2023, 12:07 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  I quite liked Camilla Tominey’s new show. Clearly an attempt to join the cycle of Sunday political shows on the other channels. Needs a few weeks to settle into its groove, and Camilla admitted to nerves at the start which is understandable.

Presented from that Westminster studio Farage now uses.

I hope they persevere with this and don’t drop it after a few weeks as often seems to happen.

What did it replace?
It didn’t…..they now end Breakfast at 9:30 instead of 10:00, and Portillo’s show now starts at 11:00 instead of 10:00.  Alastair Stewart now starts at 13:00 instead of 12:00. Somewhere the hour gets caught back up, I suspect it’s Calvin Robinson’s show which is now only an hour long.

RE: GB News - JamesWorldNews - 08-01-2023

Eamonn back tomorrow at 6am, with Isabel Webster.

(08-01-2023, 04:58 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Eamonn back tomorrow at 6am, with Isabel Webster.

I’m glad to see he’s coming back. He’s said he’s not better, but better than he was, and still has mobility issues.

He’s had a really rough time of it the past few months, judging by what he’s posted on social media. I hope this is a better year for him. 

He’s a great presenter and the show is much better when he’s on it. He and Isabel are great together.

RE: GB News - London Lite - 08-01-2023

The set used for the new Sunday political show is easily the best one in use because it's not at Paddington Basin, but seems very bare and grey.

It could do with a larger coffee table for starters.

RE: GB News - KrazyKei - 08-01-2023

(08-01-2023, 05:30 PM)London Lite Wrote:  The set used for the new Sunday political show is easily the best one in use because it's not at Paddington Basin, but seems very bare and grey.

I am one of those who has stated that GB News needs new studios. The one in Westminster is ideal but it can only be used by Nigel Farage, Mark Steyn and Camilla Tominey as it is used by other channels as well. The ones in Paddington can easily be relaid and redecorated to make it more professional and 'news-like'. I hope they are looking into these things.

(08-01-2023, 05:44 PM)KrazyKei Wrote:  
(08-01-2023, 05:30 PM)London Lite Wrote:  The set used for the new Sunday political show is easily the best one in use because it's not at Paddington Basin, but seems very bare and grey.

I am one of those who has stated that GB News needs new studios. The one in Westminster is ideal but it can only be used by Nigel Farage, Mark Steyn and Camilla Tominey as it is used by other channels as well. The ones in Paddington can easily be relaid and redecorated to make it more professional and 'news-like'. I hope they are looking into these things.
Some months ago, Stephen Dixon said it would be having a refit at some point.

That said, I’ve grown rather fond of it over time. Though the sofas are looking well worn now.

Agreed. Either that or a desk, but perhaps a desk isn’t what they want on those shows.

RE: GB News - JMT1985 - 08-01-2023

What happens when GB News does refit their current studios? Where will they decamp to for the refit, as it seems all of their Paddington studios are all located in the newsroom.

They don't seem to have an alternative. Talk TV does have (for the moment) their big Ealing TV studio to move to when needed. GB News seems to be limited.

RE: GB News - AllanTheScot - 09-01-2023

They definitely need a set upgrade but how big is the current set area in Paddington? Would they have to move to a temporary location or would they do a CNN covid era style whilst they rebuild and use flash sets.

RE: GB News - eyeTV - 09-01-2023

They could set something up in the actual newsroom, or a CSO in a cupboard maybe?

RE: GB News - what - 09-01-2023

Not been seeing the regional reporters as frequently as before, but it appears they're still committed to it.

New job as a Wales reporter for GBN, anyone?
https://odtalentsolutionslimited.teamtailor.com/jobs/1729335-wales-video-journalist