Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - London Lite - 10-01-2023

A Bloomberg piece written today which claims it's not all plain sailing at the channel.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-10/tv-startup-gb-news-struggles-with-staff-ads-in-dash-for-viewers 

RE: GB News - Jon - 10-01-2023

The settlements with previous presenters is interesting and perhaps explains the real reason one was recently seen visiting a couple of times.

Apart from perhaps Andrew Neil at the beginning, I’ve never got the impression they’ve struggled to keep presenters on board, when people have left it’s always seemed they were pushed rather than jumped.

Back on whether they’ll get a new set, as far as I can remember it was mentioned around about the time talkTV launched. It’s possible they looked at the launch figures for talkTV and have decided that a highly polished look isn’t needed.

RE: GB News - derek500 - 10-01-2023

Interesting piece in Bloomberg, but largely old news, except for the tribunal stuff.

Can someone explain why major companies that are supposedly boycotting the TV station are happy enough to advertise on GB News Radio?

Is it more the agencies and not the companies themselves?

Interestingly they've only used reach and not share to compare Sky News/GB News/TalkTV.

Latest figures for December are:-

Sky News - reach 13.34%, share 0.77%

GB News - reach 4.52%, share 0.39%

TalkTV - reach 3.18%, share 0.10%

The positive metric for GB News is that those who tune in to the channel are watching for much longer.

RE: GB News - eyeTV - 10-01-2023

You have to wonder why Talk TV are really bothering especially with some of the megabucks salaries that must be involved.

RE: GB News - London Lite - 10-01-2023

The real growth for GB News is the radio station where conservative speech performs better on that medium than on television and are closing the gap between them and TalkRadio.

I can't help thinking that their backers may have had more money to play with and actually make some if they were an audio only platform while having radio EPG slots on Sky, Freesat, Freeview and Virgin.

If anything, the pattern shows that people like this stuff on radio, but won't necessarily want to watch it which for News UK is even more of a massive clanger as their channel is performing even worse than GBN. Global clearly had the hindsight to keep their video output on LBC for social media clips and occasional live streams on Global Player and YouTube.

RE: GB News - Jon - 10-01-2023

The GB News reach is higher on TV and than on radio though isn’t it?

Whilst a radio only station would be quite a bit cheaper to run, I think it probably only does as well as it does on radio because of the promotion the TV channel gives it. I think the combined TV and radio model makes sense really for GB News.

RE: GB News - derek500 - 10-01-2023

(10-01-2023, 04:00 PM)London Lite Wrote:  The real growth for GB News is the radio station where conservative speech performs better on that medium than on television and are closing the gap between them and TalkRadio.

Radio has done well, but looking at TV's yoy reach and share that's the real growth.  And that doubling in share is despite the launch of TalkTV.   Concerning data for Sky News with a 25% and 15% drops in reach and share respectively.

Dec 2021

Sky News - reach 17.62%, share 0.91%

GB News - reach 3.74%, share 0.20%

Dec 2022 

[color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Sky News - reach 13.34%, share 0.77%[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]GB News - reach 4.52%, share 0.39%[/font][/color]

RE: GB News - cando - 12-01-2023

(10-01-2023, 05:15 PM)derek500 Wrote:  
(10-01-2023, 04:00 PM)London Lite Wrote:  The real growth for GB News is the radio station where conservative speech performs better on that medium than on television and are closing the gap between them and TalkRadio.

Radio has done well, but looking at TV's yoy reach and share that's the real growth.  And that doubling in share is despite the launch of TalkTV.   Concerning data for Sky News with a 25% and 15% drops in reach and share respectively.

Dec 2021

Sky News - reach 17.62%, share 0.91%

GB News - reach 3.74%, share 0.20%

Dec 2022 

[color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Sky News - reach 13.34%, share 0.77%[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]GB News - reach 4.52%, share 0.39%[/font][/color]
December 2021 was a massive news month with the reintroduction of restrictions due to the omicron variant, the introduction of Covid passes and the revelations of the secret lockdown parties in Downing street including the resignation of Allegra Stratton.

As we've seen when big news breaks like the Queen's death, BBC NC and Sky News surge while the culture war channels stay static.

RE: GB News - shropshireguy28 - 12-01-2023

I watched some of the ITV coverage of the Queen's death during that week I thought they did by far the best coverage and I saw BBC, Sky and GB News what it was like.

RE: GB News - Krede - 17-01-2023

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/jan/17/gb-news-rightwing-tv-channel?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitterÅ