Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - Robbie1123 - 02-02-2023

(02-02-2023, 01:54 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(02-02-2023, 01:49 PM)Krede Wrote:  He is back on GB News soon
https://www.steynonline.com/13216/back-from-the-dead 
Interesting… no explicit mention of GBN there. Very wild guess, but perhaps he’ll be continuing his show independently?

It's recorded in the GB News Westminster studio that his programme comes from though, and has the branding in the background. It also has that ugly desk they have been using.

RE: GB News - Jon - 02-02-2023

Actually that’s not the usual GB News Westminster set, he’s used one that looks like this a few times in addition to the regular one but it’s not got the real background. Also that looks like a desk that’s been made up to look like the one from the Westminster studio which is even ugly and more wooden looking. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s in his Vermont home, although it had seemed like he’d moved to the UK full time for his GB News show.

It seems it is the set he came from most recently before he went away. It looks to be a room without a view so they use screens instead showing a pre-recorded scene. He has also interviewed guests there in person I think.

I don't know the studios they're using however there appear to be more than one in that location as Farrage's programme now has wood surrounding the windows and the Sunday Camilla show has white walls surrounding the windows, which if is the same studio for those is a very odd way of making the sets look different. (Edit, seems they do)

But it also has the GB News branding which if they'd let him go I suspect they wouldn't be happy about.

I could also be 100% wrong though as his show has moved about all over the place, maybe someone knows the studio set up there who can shed light on it

They’re the Westminster Live studios. I think the Farage set uses white panels covering up the wooden surrounds, presumably the idea being the former can be lit in any colour rather than just white.

https://westminster-live.com/studios/ 

There is 3 studios so possible the fake set could have been in the second. I think it’s more likely that they were pretending. But unlikely it was in the US as as you say, would be expensive to send guests out there.

I also think Mark Steyn probably choose the desk in the first place, considering his influences are probably American TV from decades gone by.

(02-02-2023, 03:59 PM)Jon Wrote:  They’re the Westminster Live studios. I think the Farage set uses white panels covering up the wooden surrounds, presumably the idea being the former can be lit in any colour rather than just white. 

I also think Mark Steyn probably choose the desk in the first place, considering his influences are probably American TV from  decades gone by.

Ahh okay, well I have sat there wondering about those studios as I think they could look a bit better if GB News just added a little more branding detail, I presume something removable as they rent the space? The Sunday show looks great there when the large TV is set up on the side wall and they use some coloured lighting.

RE: the desk, yuk Smile

I just googled a few images and I see what you mean about the desk. This set looks like a mock up and it is only captioned LIVE rather than with a location. I think the guest is from across the pond as well so it may be in the states or she happened to be over here.

I also noticed, whilst browsing images that the central part of the desk is metal when in the Westminster studios above but wooden in the centre in the other set below, so someone has definitely made two of those desks!

Also from that link above I'd guess the Sunday show and Farrage use Studio A with white cladding used on the Sunday show, and I think Mark's show has sometimes come from A and C in the past, plus this 3rd set below (Wherever that is)

It is odd how they seem to leave everyone guessing. I think his show helps get good numbers for them, I'd love to know how they're doing in that slot without him.[Image: dvA5f.aiEB-small-Mark-Steyn-GB-News-05-09-22.jpg]

RE: GB News - TVViewer256 - 02-02-2023

Mark Steyn's show seemed to come mainly from the studio with the fake 'windows' for the majority of the last quarter of last year, however there were also weeks where it came from the Westminster LIVE setup used for Farage and Camilla Tominey. It doesn't look as if the fake set is at Westminster LIVE but I don't have anything to prove that for certain.

Steyn's liked some Tweets which appear to reference him no longer being on GB News, though I don't know whether he was confirming the rumours or simply liking them because they were compliments. Time will tell, I guess.

EDIT: Laurence Fox's show is pencilled in during the 8-9pm slot at the moment and is until at least 14 February (no listings beyond that). Previously it was presenters covering under the 'Mark Steyn' branding, though this week Mark Dolan has been filling in under the Laurence Fox show branding. Make of that what you will.

To be honest Lawrence Fox is probably one of the few ‘box office’ names available in this field. So even though he’s terrible at reading the autocue it probably makes sense to keep him. And unlike Steyn he’ll have people on who’ll disagree with him, I’m sure there examples of Steyn having opposite opinions on, I just never saw it.

RE: GB News - JMT1985 - 02-02-2023

(02-02-2023, 07:17 PM)Jon Wrote:  To be honest Lawrence Fox is probably one of the few ‘box office’ names available in this field. So even though he’s terrible at reading the autocue it probably makes sense to keep him. And unlike Steyn he’ll have people on who’ll disagree with him, I’m sure there examples of Steyn having opposite opinions on, I just never saw it.

Mark Dolan is worse at autocue reading

RE: GB News - TVViewer256 - 02-02-2023

(02-02-2023, 07:17 PM)Jon Wrote:  To be honest Lawrence Fox is probably one of the few ‘box office’ names available in this field. So even though he’s terrible at reading the autocue it probably makes sense to keep him. And unlike Steyn he’ll have people on who’ll disagree with him, I’m sure there examples of Steyn having opposite opinions on, I just never saw it.
Steyn generally had people on that he agreed with. I got the feeling the show was more about discussion (albeit heavily, heavily one sided) than debate.

Definitely a contrast to Farage. Say what you will, but he's a good presenter and every show has guests on whom he disagrees with.

RE: GB News - JMT1985 - 02-02-2023

I never thought I would ever say this, but Farage programme on GB News is balanced and fair (mostly).